Falkirk v Dundee United

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

To be fair, I don't pay Mark Reynolds' wages, nor do I have to provide for his household. Therefore, it isn't me who is arguing he shouldn't play on plastic pitches. Nor stumigoo as far as I can see. Reynolds got a bad injury a few months ago at Cove, I think, therefore mentally he may not be ready to go back onto an artificial surface.

From United's point of view, Lewis Toshney, Blair Spittal, Scott Fraser and Willo Flood got injured in one game on your plastic park two years ago. But Toshney is always getting injured. Spittal was out for two months, while Fraser carried an injury from that match and came back too early for the play-offs, then had to go off when he was back at Falkirk Stadium 9 minutes after coming on as a subbie in May.  

It's OK, you don't have to thank us.

3 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Any word on what he was attempting to do when the clash of heads occurred?

His argument is that the ball is too hard to be headed by children, the fact he was going for a header his injury was sustained by some other cnuts napper which resulted in his concussion.

Ours has been brilliant for 5 years now.

Having played on this numerous times, i can assure you that your pitch is one of the poorer artificial surfaces

ETA - i havent seen any injuries due to it however. Also, i dont mind astroturf surfaces, just not your one

2 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

You've used a 10 goal swing in a Dundee United home defeat to show that their lack of away goal scoring is why they're goal difference is so poor against one of the top two.

I haven't used anything other than mention one 5-0 home defeat.

The simple factor is you have a 15 goal margin on probably Ross County to overturn which will only get bigger on their part, I haven't based that on any result, UTD won't overturn that margin in goals, possibly points but it's County's to lose for me

The simple factor is you have a 15 goal margin on probably Ross County to overturn which will only get bigger on their part, I haven't based that on any result, UTD won't overturn that margin in goals, possibly points but it's County's to lose for me
We've got a 16 point margin to catch Arbroath, I'm not an arab.

1 hour ago, Loonytoons said:
1 hour ago, MrDust said:

We've got a 16 point margin to catch Arbroath, I'm not an arab.

Why dont you post that in the correct forum then.....

The first 2 maybe 3 years our pitch was down it was praised more than criticised by players/managers/supporters. That’s switched over the last 2 years. I’m not sure why as I personally don’t see any difference but maybe there is.

Surprised at that. The bounce is 100% less predictable now that it was.

I was on it about 2 weeks after it was laid and it was so soft and light under foot and felt almost sponge like. I stood on it about 2 months ago and was nothing like the same feeling. Hard and the blades were a lot flatter.

Going to hospitality at Falkirk Stadium on Saturday: anyone who has been recently, what is the food like, and does drink freely flow?

The match: I've witnessed United falling on their collective faces too often to be confident in thinking they will leave with three points. But some of the bad defeats suffered in the past have had a managerial backstory to them, Brewster on his way out anyway, Laszlo in limbo as takeover talk stalled. 

No excuses for the Baptie hat trick match in the late eighties, as Jim McLean continued on for several years afterwards.

There will be a few United fans in hospitality then as I’m in with 3 too.

I was on it about 2 weeks after it was laid and it was so soft and light under foot and felt almost sponge like. I stood on it about 2 months ago and was nothing like the same feeling. Hard and the blades were a lot flatter.

Bound to be a lot flatter, I was running* about on it for a few months!

*sort of

I can’t admit to having a trained eye for artificial pitches so I’ll take your word on it. We were told when it was laid it would start to need replaced after 5 years, is that 5 1/2 we are at now?

The top surface will flatten and fatigue over time, but it’s the compression of the sand underneath that really kills these surfaces. You could put money on the surface having dropped a centimetre or two since installation as the sand underneath compresses with use and weather. It will just get harder and harder until it eventually feels like carpet on top of concrete.

Archived