Falkirk v Dundee United

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would take a point in this game. Given their signings and our position I think that would be a good result and that would keep our unbeaten run going for another week. 

If we actually manage to win this it would give me real belief about avoiding the drop and probably make a few teams a bit more worried than they are now.

49 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No idea; I haven't checked up anywhere. Zak told me about it when I was speaking to him on Friday.

Thought it was 6 and he got his fifth in the league v Alloa but he should know best.

I really don’t think we can approach this game with an attitude that a point is acceptable. If we draw and Thistle win, we’re three behind with our next game against Ross County.

Frankly, we’ve got that ‘can’t win at home hoodoo’ off our back and we’ve got some quality players at last.

We’ve pretty much all said that there’s little between the teams in the division.

I am looking for a win here....

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

Thought it was 6 and he got his fifth in the league v Alloa but he should know best.

I thought it was six. Bannigan has already managed one totting up suspension and is on course for another one soon :lol:

Confident we will get something from this even more so now I hear Rudden is suspended
Right, you're going to have to explain that one to me. 
Personally taking this to mean he has seen Jarvis in training and he is the second coming of Messi

Right, you're going to have to explain that one to me. 

We can’t keep the ball up top with Rudden playing. If we are going to consistently get up the pitch we need someone to hold it in. Rudden can’t do that

44 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We can’t keep the ball up top with Rudden playing. If we are going to consistently get up the pitch we need someone to hold it in. Rudden can’t do that

I can certainly see where you're coming from but, do we want to leave out our top scorer? It may all depend on what formation he wants to play given that he'll need to change things to some extent with Edge being out.

Of course this may well be an academic discussion if it turns out that Rudden's suspended anyway.

Actually that then opens the question of who do we replace him with? Todorov who apparently can hold the ball up well, or the unknown element of Jarvis?

4 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I'm afraid you can forget about Rudden. He's suspended for this match.

3 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No idea; I haven't checked up anywhere. Zak told me about it when I was speaking to him on Friday.

Zak Rudden doesn't appear to be suspended for this match, and hasn't actually fallen foul of any disciplinary rules that would say he can't play in this game for Falkirk. I'd be very surprised if everybody at Falkirk F.C. thought he was suspended.

Soccerbase indicates that he has picked up six yellow cards this campaign, which would be enough for a suspension if they had been accumulated in the first 18 games of the season. After 18 games, the threshold moves to 12 yellow cards. In essence, Zak would require to pick up six more yellow cards to be suspended meaning the earliest he can be suspended is the fixture against Dunfermline Athletic on Saturday 13th April. 

The Scottish FA disciplinary sheet would back this up: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/4832/mens-suspension-list-los32-14-february-2019-docx.pdf

17 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

Zak Rudden doesn't appear to be suspended for this match, and hasn't actually fallen foul of any disciplinary rules that would say he can't play in this game for Falkirk. I'd be very surprised if everybody at Falkirk F.C. thought he was suspended.

Soccerbase indicates that he has picked up six yellow cards this campaign, which would be enough for a suspension if they had been accumulated in the first 18 games of the season. After 18 games, the threshold moves to 12 yellow cards. In essence, Zak would require to pick up six more yellow cards to be suspended meaning the earliest he can be suspended is the fixture against Dunfermline Athletic on Saturday 13th April. 

The Scottish FA disciplinary sheet would back this up: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/4832/mens-suspension-list-los32-14-february-2019-docx.pdf

That would be a boost to us if you were right and he was wrong. I'll ask the question tomorrow before our reserve match.

A had this in my head that this was at tannadice, nice to see it ain’t.

That is all x
It will never be anything short of nice to suddenly realise you dont have to go to Tannadice.

Bit of a shitehole you see.

Anyway I dont feel specifically horrible or doomed up about this game. I even think that although we are underdogs we could maybe sneak it.

6-1 pounding to get repaid then.

Like many, I keep expecting Neilson and his Galacticos to click into gear, and suddenly become the team that obliterates all in their path. Now that might still happen, but hopefully not this coming Saturday.

The Americans seem to have ploughed in the cash, but frankly, there more interest to see how unwavering their support will be if things don’t go to plan this season.

Certainly, Roy the Boy up in Dingwall won’t appreciate someone else flashing the cash at this level.

Would dearly love a Bairns win for the points and inevitable giggles. One of those games where whatever the result, lots of punters will offer up that they knew that was going to happen.........sadly, I don’t.

I can certainly see where you're coming from but, do we want to leave out our top scorer? It may all depend on what formation he wants to play given that he'll need to change things to some extent with Edge being out.
Of course this may well be an academic discussion if it turns out that Rudden's suspended anyway.
Actually that then opens the question of who do we replace him with? Todorov who apparently can hold the ball up well, or the unknown element of Jarvis?

If he doesn’t play we will soon find out. Only my opinion be not sure 4-3-3 suits Rudden really. Think we would get more benefit if we had another central striker beside him

If he doesn’t play we will soon find out. Only my opinion be not sure 4-3-3 suits Rudden really. Think we would get more benefit if we had another central striker beside him
I agree with this. I think he would score far more playing beside someone like Todorov. As it stands he often has to make up ground to get into the danger area, having been deep to get involved with starting a move. He would be lethal if allowed to poach a bit more I think.

13 hours ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

If he scores the winner on Saturday I'm coming after you. 

Archived