Falkirk v Dundee United

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we have Jarvis and DKD for this but Edge ineligible.

We could play the same defence we played at Ayr in January or just a straight swap in for the big fella.

Either way we've had 2 weeks to prepare for it.

Game has draw written all over it

Tough game, but winnable. Utd have made some excellent January signings, but they haven't exactly been hammering teams.  I'd assume edge won't be allowed to play which you would think would mean Dixon moving back to centre back.  Hopefully Jarvis starts alongside Rudden.  Score draw. 

FTV for me unfortunately. I think we are capable of point here. I have been as guilty as anyone of occasionally drifting into buying the Utd hype. The media are just desperate for them to get up. 

Edge is a miss for sure but DKD back and Jarvis as the unknown are boosts to an already strongish frontline with Petra and Rudden flying and Todorov looking neat and tidy and willing in his cameos. 

Can we keep them out is the key. Id go Brough in for Edge at CH. Inexperienced centre but Dixon has been so good at Left back.... Only problem is will Brough or McKenna stand up to Safranko as well as Dixon would..... 

Equally I dont think want Pawlett running at anyone other than Dixon on our left side. Think Robson and Brough would both get laced. 

As well as the back two did yesterday I’m hoping Connelly will be back for this.
Assuming Reynolds will be out because of the pitch,I’d like to see a centre half pairing of Connelly and Bouhenna.
Butcher to come back in at the expense of gomis and smith to come back in for McMullan for me. Go direct and aim for early goals.

2 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

As well as the back two did yesterday I’m hoping Connelly will be back for this.
Assuming Reynolds will be out because of the pitch,I’d like to see a centre half pairing of Connelly and Bouhenna.
Butcher to come back in at the expense of gomis and smith to come back in for McMullan for me. Go direct and aim for early goals.

All of that and possibly Booth too.

I forgot about the Edge being out, I wonder if we will contemplate 3/5 at the back again

Id love 3pts on Saturday in a classic Kevin Keegan style and I think we will go with Robson in to make it back four, too much hassle to rearrange both full backs and two centre backs to the previous defence, I also think Brough is way out the picture unless it's emergency emergency

46 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Tough game, but winnable. Utd have made some excellent January signings, but they haven't exactly been hammering teams.  I'd assume edge won't be allowed to play which you would think would mean Dixon moving back to centre back.  Hopefully Jarvis starts alongside Rudden.  Score draw. 

I'm afraid you can forget about Rudden. He's suspended for this match.

A straight swap for the Edge would be ideal so that would probably be Brough. I don't think that Ray will put that much trust in him though so I think he may well bring Dixon back infield and play Robson at LB.

We actually have too many options; those mentioned plus the possibility of McGhee at CB and Kidd at RB or back to a 3 at the back with both Kidd and Robson coming in. I suppose it'll come down to how he reckons the DU forward line will shape up?

Reckon it'll be another ground out by the odd goal win for the Terrors.

If this turns out to be the case, then taking 6 points from 6 in the last 2 league games away from home on plastic should be enough to prove we are real contenders now. 

Here's hoping.

2 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Reckon it'll be another ground out by the odd goal win for the Terrors.

If this turns out to be the case, then taking 6 points from 6 in the last 2 league games away from home on plastic should be enough to prove we are real contenders now. 

Here's hoping.

Yeah, I don’t make predictions and I definitely wouldn’t take anything for granted in this game but it’s games like this we have to win if we have any chance at the title.

Archived