Rovers v Montrose - 4th play-off Place decider

Is everyone excited for this one?

Rovers fans will all suspect they know the script for this one. Another home defeat which will see us flirting with dropping out the top 4.

I wonder how long the singing section will stick with it before giving it up as a bad idea as they are too unhappy to sing.

I suppose we have to stick with it and try and kid ourselves on that we can still get promoted via the play-offs.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't put it as a 4th place decider.  We didn't expect to be in this position at this stage of the season to be honest so anything from here on is a bonus to us. Our first objective is to be mathematically safe. For Raith though I guess it's looked at a bit differently.

17 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

I wouldn't put it as a 4th place decider.  We didn't expect to be in this position at this stage of the season to be honest so anything from here on is a bonus to us. Our first objective is to be mathematically safe. For Raith though I guess it's looked at a bit differently.

At the start of the season, our main goal was to maintain League 1 status. A couple more wins should see this accomplished and to be mentioned in play off contention is way more than we could have expected. To be truthful, the team isn't ready for a push to the Championship. If we were to go up, I fear we could do a Brechin.

Every Mo fan I know is delighted with the season so far ( Even Buttie ) and only a crash of catastrophic magnitude would wreck our season.

We have a free hit next weekend. Win, lose or draw we're still going to be in 5th place and moving into the last round of games, that'll do for me.

That said, I hope we stuff the Rovers.

I think i’ll have a wee break from the Rovers. Back for the Airdrie or Dumbarton game, but only if we look like we’re capable of doing anything this season.

I’ll try and do something more productive than watching the same players playing ineffective football.

McGlynn will probably be forced to “change it” for this one. Maybe try and get close to the same team that won 4-0 against Forfar earlier in the season?

The way things are I’m not expecting much from this game, so cue the Rovers turning in an  off the cuff masterclass and giving s a wee bit of hope just when we thought otherwise, teasing bast@rds.

McGlynn will need to have some big changes the titles gone and if we don't freshen this up the play-offs might be a struggle to achieve as well.  I'd go with this assuming Bene and (hopefully!!) Davo are injured.  Bring a couple of the young boys in to inject some life into this team.

Lyness

Murray  Wedderburn  McKay  Crane

Dingwall  Matthews  Gillespie  McGuffie

Nisbet  Smith

45 minutes ago, Paco said:

I’m in little doubt that if both Benedictus and Davidson are out, it’ll be Murray and Wedderburn at centre back with Gillespie at right back.

I'd probably prefer that line up tbf. Absolutely no appetite for watching us get outfought by Montrose as we hoof it long for the third time this season. Grim.

59 minutes ago, Paco said:

I’m in little doubt that if both Benedictus and Davidson are out, it’ll be Murray and Wedderburn at centre back with Gillespie at right back.

I would agree with that. Can’t be any worse than the normal back 4. The thought of Barjonas in a 2 man midfield gives me the fear though. 

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'd probably prefer that line up tbf. Absolutely no appetite for watching us get outfought by Montrose as we hoof it long for the third time this season. Grim.

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

I would agree with that. Can’t be any worse than the normal back 4. The thought of Barjonas in a 2 man midfield gives me the fear though. 

I think Paco was inferring that even if the entire back four was injured/suspended McGlynn still wouldn't give youth a chance.

Archived