Rovers v Montrose - 4th play-off Place decider

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, notsofedupendie said:

Not angry at all. The early .. totally avoidable .. penalty completely fkkd up the game plan. After that we competed ok. You got a second out of nothing and then your keeper made a cracking save to keep it 2-0. Second half you could’ve scored a few more. Third goal was another fkk up .. steeves should’ve booted it out of the ground instead of putting it on a plate. The fourth was a pure fluke. That said you were well worth the win on the day. As for the ref, Roncone is totally clueless .. the lead up to the Nisbet chance in the second half being a classic example. Hey ho we move on .. for us staying up is success this season. As for Raith, you’ve got a slick front line but whether that’s enough to get you up via the playoffs i have my doubts.

Raith dont do Play offs there a big full time team.

No complaints. Raith were the better side. The stats show 50/50 possession which indicates a fairly even game but the big difference was that Raith had the bigger threat going forward. Both sides were to some extent weakened by injuries to key players so that was no excuse either. The Montrose game plan was wrecked in just 2 minutes but it was definately a penalty and we can't complain about a couple of goals being deflections - the fact is we didn't have enough on target to deflect anywhere.

The Mo have still done quite well so far this season - won't get to the play-offs I don't think and frankly we are not ready for that but we should be amongst the best of the rest provided we concentrate on getting at least a couple more wins. No panic as anything we might have got yesterday would have been a bonus. Good to see Andy Steeves get a bit of game time in the second half after injury but hope the injury to Bolo isn't bad.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I’m keen for away fans to be housed in the railway stand, obviously because it’s a better match day experience for them, but mostly because there is some excellent potential for loud and clear booing.

The guys running down to seethe at Nisbet :lol:

I’m keen for away fans to be housed in the railway stand, obviously because it’s a better match day experience for them, but mostly because there is some excellent potential for loud and clear booing.

I’m more than happy for this. Can’t be the best of places in that wee corner, in between the fans. I know I would hate that tbh

If open to home fans it would probably be where I would like to sit/stand tbh.

34 minutes ago, Rovers2017 said:

Apologies if this has been answered, but why was the railway stand opened for away fans? I'm happy it was btw but curious to know the reason. 

Was said somewhere that Montrose hoped to bring 400 fans and bearing in mind they had 500+ at a couple of away games towards the end of last season Raith didn't want to take chances. In the event only 141 turned up in the railway stand plus a few of us who went into the old stand until we realised we should be elsewhere!

Agree it's a better place for away fans in the railway stand though with better entrance/exit for them. Don't like one and two sided grounds anyway. Awful going to New Bayview and Dumbo's The Rock for that reason although the latter have a great bar area where away fans can go. 

The second Airdrie away game where we drew 1-1 I shouted at the linesman for running like a poof. 10 minutes later heard 2 folk shout it at him too.

If I remember correctly think it was more of a skip than a run
You should probably just stay away from starks Park or anywhere with civilised people if you think it's acceptable to shout that sort of thing at anyone tbh.

39 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

Was said somewhere that Montrose hoped to bring 400 fans and bearing in mind they had 500+ at a couple of away games towards the end of last season Raith didn't want to take chances. In the event only 141 turned up in the railway stand plus a few of us who went into the old stand until we realised we should be elsewhere!

Agree it's a better place for away fans in the railway stand though with better entrance/exit for them. Don't like one and two sided grounds anyway. Awful going to New Bayview and Dumbo's The Rock for that reason although the latter have a great bar area where away fans can go. 

I thought Montrose fans were told on Friday they'd be in the Keytech stand.

Archived