Rovers v Montrose - 4th play-off Place decider

Good result for the rovers even better East Fife getting beat though Forfar on same points but we have better goal difference by a country mile.  Would have given MOM to either Murray, Crane or Gillespie, all worked hard.  Nisbet never looks like he wants to get too involved, if he'd taken chances given could have been 6 or 7.  McGlynn has said he has two worthy keepers so what's wrong in giving them both game time?  All in all good result, lets keep it going......  Arbroath have this league sewn up they won it last week after beating us, good luck to them in the Championship they'll need it:whistle

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, we played pretty well today. Only real complaint would be that it could easily have been 6 or 7.

Good work all round. On to what could now be an unexpectedly tricky double header away at Dumbarton and Stranraer. Four points minimum please.

Good solid performance and good three points against an awful Montrose side. Really makes the 4 points lost to them all the harder to take. Probably puts to bed any notion of us not finishing in the top 4.

"Awful Montrose side" Cya next year not a hope in hell you boys are going up through the play offs.

4 minutes ago, mo83 said:
3 hours ago, CALDERON said:
Good solid performance and good three points against an awful Montrose side. Really makes the 4 points lost to them all the harder to take. Probably puts to bed any notion of us not finishing in the top 4.

"Awful Montrose side" Cya next year not a hope in hell you boys are going up through the play offs.

Taken today well I see. 

Only the second home game I couldn’t make in the last year. The other one? The 4-0 win over Forfar. I might have to stay away more often.

How did we line up defensively today? Was it Murray and Davo in the centre with Gillespie at right back? Or was it Wedderburn and Davo in the centre?

Only the second home game I couldn’t make in the last year. The other one? The 4-0 win over Forfar. I might have to stay away more often.
How did we line up defensively today? Was it Murray and Davo in the centre with Gillespie at right back? Or was it Wedderburn and Davo in the centre?

Murray and Davo in the centre with Gillespie on the Right. Thought the back four did really well today. Murray was outstanding and even Davo was really good.

6 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Murray and Davo in the centre with Gillespie on the Right. Thought the back four did really well today. Murray was outstanding and even Davo was really good.

Thought Davidson strolled it today. 

Could it be Bene was the issue?..........Davidson did fine with Mckay last season....... 

Early days though. 

59 minutes ago, mo83 said:
4 hours ago, CALDERON said:

You lost 4 goals to a team that's won one league game in 2019. 

Awful seems an apt description tbh. 

But at least you're not bothered about it, that's the main thing. 

Cheers for your input Michael. I'll be able to sleep tonight now after you clearing that up.

1 minute ago, mo83 said:
4 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Cheers for your input Michael. I'll be able to sleep tonight now after you clearing that up.

Glad to be of service. 

Have a great night in Kittys. 

Some very angry away fans there. 

Not angry at all. The early .. totally avoidable .. penalty completely fkkd up the game plan. After that we competed ok. You got a second out of nothing and then your keeper made a cracking save to keep it 2-0. Second half you could’ve scored a few more. Third goal was another fkk up .. steeves should’ve booted it out of the ground instead of putting it on a plate. The fourth was a pure fluke. That said you were well worth the win on the day. As for the ref, Roncone is totally clueless .. the lead up to the Nisbet chance in the second half being a classic example. Hey ho we move on .. for us staying up is success this season. As for Raith, you’ve got a slick front line but whether that’s enough to get you up via the playoffs i have my doubts.

Archived