Rovers v Montrose - 4th play-off Place decider

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had to chuckle at some of the pre match posts on here from the Rovers "We are shite Brigade" concerning, Flanagan, Buchanan, Wedderburn Thomson and McGlynn!!                                                           

Wonder what some of our fans will find to girn about tonight? 

1 minute ago, Wee Sandy said:

Had to chuckle at some of the pre match posts on here from the Rovers "We are shite Brigade" concerning, Flanagan, Buchanan, Wedderburn and McGlynn!!                                                                            Wonder what some of fans will find to girn about tonight? 

A 3-0 result against Montrose at home changes nothing. If you think it does I feel sorry for you.

Had to chuckle at some of the pre match posts on here from the Rovers "We are shite Brigade" concerning, Flanagan, Buchanan, Wedderburn Thomson and McGlynn!!                                                           

So you’ve been happy with these players so called contributions this season. Your easily pleased. But credit where credit is due. I actually thought we’d given up the ghost.

I'll continue to complain that we are 16 points behind the league leaders and that McGlynn picks his goalkeeper out a hat an hour before the game. 

Hope that's on the approved list of things we're allowed to complain about. Let me know please. 

1 minute ago, Beachbum said:

A 3-0 result against Montrose at home changes nothing. If you think it does I feel sorry for you.

Good grief!! Read the post again! I NEVER said it does, the title is Arbroath's, has been for weeks. 

My point was the slagging certain folk were being given by some fans before this match!! The guys who were getting slagged off have all been involved in the goals!!

Just now, baillieinleeds said:

So you’ve been happy with these players so called contributions this season. Your easily pleased. But credit where credit is due. I actually thought we’d given up the ghost.

Do READ my post before you reply, clearly comprehension is not a strong point with you.

3 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Good grief!! Read the post again! I NEVER said it does, the title is Arbroath's, has been for weeks. 

My point was the slagging certain folk were being given by some fans before this match!! The guys who were getting slagged off have all been involved in the goals!!

Who was talking about Arbroath and the title?

We are shite.

A 3-1 result changes nothing.

We are still shite.

Get it?

18 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Players who had been shite for weeks getting called out for being shite for weeks is a strange thing to chuckle at. 

Good solid performance and good three points against an awful Montrose side. Really makes the 4 points lost to them all the harder to take. Probably puts to bed any notion of us not finishing in the top 4.

44 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Good solid performance and good three points against an awful Montrose side. Really makes the 4 points lost to them all the harder to take. Probably puts to bed any notion of us not finishing in the top 4.

Am guessing that wasn't a great display from the Mo today then.

A pity but we don't seem to be able to carry forward a good performance from one Saturday to the next. 

Still, need to push on and get back on the rails in time for their visit to  Airdrie, who seemed to run Arbroath close today.

Am guessing that wasn't a great display from the Mo today then.
A pity but we don't seem to be able to carry forward a good performance from one Saturday to the next. 
Still, need to push on and get back on the rails in time for their visit to  Airdrie, who had a good result today.

How's getting beat a good result haha?

Comfortable win in the end and should've been more given that sitter from Nisbet. Murray looked far more comfortable today than he's been all this season, and overall our defence had a much more solid game. We had a good few candidates for MotM with Murray, Crane, Nisbet and Buchanan all putting in good shifts.

In terms of midfield, we mixed it up a good amount with some decent passing and a few really well worked goals. Dingwall in particular seemed to create a good number of chances.

Scoring early certainly took away any pressure. Montrose offered very little going forward and didn't have the same level as fight as they did in the first two games. As Calderon says, it makes dropping points in the first two games all the more disappointing. Games like these are bread and butter league fixtures where you need to be looking to win week in week out, and that's not disrespectful to Montrose who deserve what they've taken off us.

Archived