Ayr vs Dunfermline

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Failed to score in 6 of the last 10 games. It's two years ago all over again. 

We had no strikers 2 years ago.

We’ve got the top scorer in the league this season.

Title is gone and we’ll finish 3rd.

Same old shite every week at the moment, all of the ball and creating f**k all from it. Suicidal from Rose to fly in with his arm away up in the air. Not sure if we deserved to lose but it might wake up McCall and realise that we need a plan B for when teams sit in.

McCall has a plan B...to fling Jamie Adams up front. 
Or Bell and it still doesn't work. By plan B I mean a change of formation but McCall is that stubborn to his 4/4/2 he'll never do that.

Was blatantly obvious today that Dunfermline benefitted from an extra man in midfield due to playing the 3/5/2 and it clearly worked for them in the second half.

The fantasy of winning the league has been gradually receding since the 5-0 at Tannadice. Today was the final nail in the coffin. Playing like that will see even top four slipping away. Didn’t, deserve to lose (or win) but that’s the way things are going at the moment. Teams we were scudding earlier in the season are now taking points off us with depressing regularity. Wish we could play Dundee U , Alloa and Thistle every week.

42 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Or Bell and it still doesn't work. By plan B I mean a change of formation but McCall is that stubborn to his 4/4/2 he'll never do that.

Was blatantly obvious today that Dunfermline benefitted from an extra man in midfield due to playing the 3/5/2 and it clearly worked for them in the second half.

We didn’t play 3-5-2.  It was 4-4-1- big huge gap- 1.

not pretty but damned effective.

Never seen the team so off the pace as that rank rotten right through the team except Doohan, and a daft penalty was the only way they would have scored, two rank rotten teams and only going one way for us now, should stay up but wouldn’t surprise me if we get sucked in to the play off spot the way the bottom of the league is going.

Biggest worry is rotten or not, they rolled there sleeves up and got stuck in and made it happen, beginning to look like we have too many prima donnas in the team.

Don't think they're prima donnas, but there are certainly a few playing well below par. The lack of attacking threat from the middle is a worry, when you've got a player like Shanks it really shouldn't be that hard to feed him, and long balls don't count.

Never seen the team so off the pace as that rank rotten right through the team except Doohan, and a daft penalty was the only way they would have scored, two rank rotten teams and only going one way for us now, should stay up but wouldn’t surprise me if we get sucked in to the play off spot the way the bottom of the league is going.
Biggest worry is rotten or not, they rolled there sleeves up and got stuck in and made it happen, beginning to look like we have too many prima donnas in the team.

I’m sorry, are you saying we’re going to get sucked into ninth place?!

We are currently second.

Archived