Ayr vs Dunfermline

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Geggan and Forrest confirmed as injured with Moore also picking up an injury. No word on Kerr so he might make the bench.

We are delighted to have Mark Kerr back available for the first team and he will be a crucial player for us for the rest of the season,

^^^ Taken from the match preview. 

Not confident at all about this one. While we were fairly decent at Alloa we were back to being poor v Morton. Both teams created very little. Dunfermline got a confidence boasting victory on Saturday and the signing of Bruce Anderson looks to be a cracking piece of business for them. 

According to the match preview Craig Moore joins Andy Geggan and Alan Forrest on the treatment table while Mark Kerr comes back into contention.

With that in mind I’d go:

Doohan

Smith Muirhead Rose Harvie

Cadden Crawford  Murdoch McDaid

Moffat Shankland

Subs:- Hare-Reid, Bell, Adams, Kerr, Docherty, Miller,  Hilton. 

As I’ve previously said both Dundee United and Ross County have tough away games so hopefully the team prove me wrong and get the 3 points and they both drop points. 

ETA: If Crawford starts on the wing I’m staying in the pub. 

We are delighted to have Mark Kerr back available for the first team and he will be a crucial player for us for the rest of the season,
^^^ Taken from the match preview. 

Need to actually start reading these previews properly.

I would put Kerr right back into the team at least giving him the first half. We've missed his quick passing.

Doohan

Miller Kerr Murdoch McDaid

Moffat Shankland

Subs:- Hare-Reid, Bell, Adams, Crawford, Docherty, Cadden,  Hilton. 

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I would put Kerr right back into the team at least giving him the first half. We've missed his quick passing.

Doohan

Miller Kerr Murdoch McDaid

Moffat Shankland

Subs:- Hare-Reid, Bell, Adams, Crawford, Docherty, Cadden,  Hilton. 

Although Muirhead has done well since coming in, I'm a big fan of Bell and don't really think he deserves to be left out, I also think he gives us an extra threat with his quality passing which we missed at Cappielow on Saturday.

Other than that, I like the look of that team you've listed above, although I wouldn't be overly scunnered if we dropped McDaid and gave Cadden a run out from the start..........

Although Muirhead has done well since coming in, I'm a big fan of Bell and don't really think he deserves to be left out, I also think he gives us an extra threat with his quality passing which we missed at Cappielow on Saturday.
Other than that, I like the look of that team you've listed above, although I wouldn't be overly scunnered if we dropped McDaid and gave Cadden a run out from the start..........

Muirhead was my man of the match last week. Had my reservations after the reviews he got from Falkirk fans but he’s been pretty solid so far.

I would also keep Kerr on the bench. The last time he was brought back too soon he was awful. Bring him off the bench and ease him back into action.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Muirhead was my man of the match last week. Had my reservations after the reviews he got from Falkirk fans but he’s been pretty solid so far.

I would also keep Kerr on the bench. The last time he was brought back too soon he was awful. Bring him off the bench and ease him back into action.

I don't disagree with that but by the same token Bell has been one of our best and most consistent performers over the course of the season.

It's certainly a difficult one but I suppose it's a good problem to have for a change !!

I don't disagree with that but by the same token Bell has been one of our best and most consistent performers over the course of the season.
It's certainly a difficult one but I suppose it's a good problem to have for a change !!

Bell has been great for the most part but imo was starting to slip a wee bit in the last few weeks. Mistakes in the two games against ICT and wasn’t great with balls over the top.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with swapping out players that are in good form to give them a rest. He is 33 and has played just about every game for us for the last few months so you couldn’t blame him for needing a break after all he is still only part time.

Not confident at all about this one. While we were fairly decent at Alloa we were back to being poor v Morton. Both teams created very little. Dunfermline got a confidence boasting victory on Saturday and the signing of Bruce Anderson looks to be a cracking piece of business for them. 
According to the match preview Craig Moore joins Andy Geggan and Alan Forrest on the treatment table while Mark Kerr comes back into contention.
With that in mind I’d go:

Doohan

Cadden Crawford  Murdoch McDaid

Moffat Shankland

Subs:- Hare-Reid, Bell, Adams, Kerr, Docherty, Miller,  Hilton. 

As I’ve previously said both Dundee United and Ross County have tough away games so hopefully the team prove me wrong and get the 3 points and they both drop points. 

ETA: If Crawford starts on the wing I’m staying in the pub. 

He's a bit old now m9

Doohan

Smith Rose Bell/Muirhead Harvie

Cadden Docherty Murdoch Miller

Moffat Shankland

Not too fussed who starts between Bell and Muirheead, Crawford definitely needs a rest and I think McDaid does too.

No way I’d be playing Kerr from the start either after being out for so long.

Not confident at all about this one. While we were fairly decent at Alloa we were back to being poor v Morton. Both teams created very little.

Sounds similar to our game vs Morton.

We've been set up quite defensive recently and I'd expect similar, longridge in for connelly is probably the only change i can see happening

We've been set up quite defensive recently and I'd expect similar, longridge in for connelly is probably the only change i can see happening
I'm not Connelly's biggest fan by a long shot but I thought he was quite effective against Inverness. Think it will be the same team that played last Saturday.

I'm not Connelly's biggest fan by a long shot but I thought he was quite effective against Inverness. Think it will be the same team that played last Saturday.

He certainly didn't have a bad game, but I get the feeling Crawford has rather keen that longridge is back available.

28 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Yeah,  we are set-up differently to how AJ set-up. Four central midfielder players in a diamond with no wide players. One up top and another sitting off.  We will most certainly play the same way tomorrow. 

I think Stevie has quickly realised that our back four are not great and has tried to protect them. Think we are looking a bit more co-ordinated up top with Bruce Anderson. He knows what runs to make and leads the line well for a wee man. Looks like we are stopping the rot but not convinced it will be enough to get anything from Shankland and co tomorrow.

Archived