Ayr vs Dunfermline

20 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

unlikely but given the tightness of the league and there being only 18 points between 2nd and 10th it is not impossible

I’m sorry, are you saying we’re going to get sucked into ninth place?!

We are currently second.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, parsboi said:

In all honesty I never thought you’d be winning this league.   It’s been a tremendous season for Ayr but you are at risk of not meeting your 2nd objective, but should be fine for 3rd at least.   That said in this mad mad league anything can happen.   You have had some results that some of us would kill for.   It had all the hallmarks of momentum led performance rather than a squad blessed with lots of quality.  And that’s why you’re in a bit of a rut.

that and having Aaron Muirhead at centre back.  Ouch.

The zip has gone out of our play in recent weeks and we're struggling to break teams down who sit in against us, also we've been missing Forrest and Kerr since they've been out and Shankland is nowhere near fully fit either. 

In actual fact Muirhead has been solid since he's come in and has actually had a couple of MOM performances.

The games was dross for the most part yesterday, can't overly complain about either the penalty or the referee in general and I thought your number 19 was the best player on the park in the second half yesterday.

The zip has gone out of our play in recent weeks and we're struggling to break teams down who sit in against us, also we've been missing Forrest and Kerr since they've been out and Shankland is nowhere near fully fit either. 
In actual fact Muirhead has been solid since he's come in and has actually had a couple of MOM performances.
The games was dross for the most part yesterday, can't overly complain about either the penalty or the referee in general and I thought your number 19 was the best player on the park in the second half yesterday.
James Vincent? Bald guy?
Does lots of hard grafting

6 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

There's no such thing as a 50/50 in football, but if there were, a referee could award every single 50/50 in a 15 minute spell to one side and not be biased.  There's no link between one incident and another.  It's like flipping a coin.  You could flip a coin 15 times and get heads every time.  

Just because each event is independent does not mean that you cannot infer anything from a run of results. For example, using simple probability (Bayes) you can infer that a coin that when tossed 15 times and ended up with heads in every case is biased with about 99.7% probability. (2^15/(2^15 + 99)). Although it is clearly far more difficult to define what a 50/50 decision even is in a football match as you say, the same concept would apply.

Having said that, I think the referee yesterday was actually very good - certainly compared with many others I have seen this season. Penalty decision was correct in my view, and although I thought that the incident at the other end of the park was outside the box I also thought it was a handball.

I hope we see a different starting eleven on Tuesday - that clearly was not an effective midfield and I was disappointed that changes were not made sooner.

James Vincent? Bald guy?

He and 35 (Ryan Blair I think) were the stand outs from the Dunfermline team. Crawford got the tactics spot on playing 4 central midfielders and at times you were just playing round us and without the ball stopped us pretty well.

Struggling to think of a stand out for us but Muirhead did ok and Moffat was pretty good in the first half along with Murdoch.

Yeah, he looks like a young Harkins. He plays better though and actually contributes!

Vincent isn't that young, and plays differently to harkins , he certainly doesn't have his passing ability, but is far more defensively sound,

It could have been any of or midfield, absolutely every where I've seen people nominate a mom it has been 1 of them, tho probably none are being voted for more than the others. It's a good unit we have, just missing abit of magic but they work hard and get themselves in the right positions.

Personally joe Thompson is my favourite, his fitness is incredible and whenever your looking for someone to bring energy to game and bring you up the pitch he's the man, also the most attack minded of the 4 and that helps make him stand out more.

Jabba...forgot about that guy. Any time I’ve seen him at the games he always throws his phone against something, inevitably breaking it, when we concede a goal. In the play-offs last year against United, he did it and missed the wee wall at the front of the NW and hit a ballboy on the head. A complete weapon.

You're right in one regard, he was guessing. I never suggested biase just incompetence.
Also to add, the number of fouls on Moffat that he never gave because Moffat stayed on his feet must have been close to double figures. 
He was a poor ref and by scottish standards that makes him good. I think thats what you are arguing. I could accept that.
Genuine question... Have you ever refereed a game?

The recent hoo-ha over reffing standards in this country is so overblown it's unreal. Refs make mistakes, but half the time the folk criticising don't realise the rules.

Yesterday folk were raging about an advantage not pulled back when moff stayed on his feet. But we did get the advantage because moff was able to stay up and play a pass. The fact that he misplaced the pass doesn't mean it should be brought back. He had the opportunity to play in shankland but fucked it up. Absolutely the right decision.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

James Vincent? Bald guy?

Yes, that was him. He controlled the tempo and didn't misplace a pass in the 2nd half, as someone else said he resembles Gary Harkins without the pie intake !!

Archived