Ayr vs Dunfermline

A superb result for us yesterday even if we didn't play brilliantly. Hopefully scraping out these results will give the team confidence and we can start playing some good stuff and getting the results, which would give us a shot at the top four.

Ayr United, who claim to be in a title race, have won *one* home game since Halloween.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
 Having looked at the footage leading up to the pen in slow motion umpteen times, I'm not even totally convinced that the ball struck Rose's arm.  He was falling away from the ball as it passed him.  No doubt some totally unbiased Par's fan behind the goal will clear this up for me. 

The camera angle doesn’t help, but the ball totally changed direction when it came off Rose’s arm. It was heading towards the six yard line, hit the arm and went out of play, a huge change in direction. That was very clear for anyone near the incident, including the ref and linesman.

2 weeks in a row we have got fans moaning about losing to us in poor games. Frankly I don't give a f**k, our game plan recently is not set up to be creative, it's done to be win the battles and keep us more solid. And it's working right now.

Funny, because for about a third of a season everyone seemed to be having off days against us and our League 1 standard gang of players. There has been a shit load of dreary entitled denial by fans in this division which I really wasnt expecting.

The ref took 15 minutes to give us a 50/50 in the second half, routinely awarded throw ins the wrong way and missed three blatant hand balls. I reckon he got 2 decisions right in the second half, one was the penalty. He made a rip roaring @rse of everything else.

My standards must be too exacting I guess. He was grim as usual, he just wasnt as grim as some of them tbh. Its funny how being poor becomes the normal when some of the refs are abysmal. A poor one is then heralded as a good ref. 

At any rate, the only plus was he didnt affect the result. We didnt deserve to win that game.

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The ref took 15 minutes to give us a 50/50 in the second half, routinely awarded throw ins the wrong way and missed three blatant hand balls. I reckon he got 2 decisions right in the second half, one was the penalty. He made a rip roaring @rse of everything else.

My standards must be too exacting I guess. He was grim as usual, he just wasnt as grim as some of them tbh. Its funny how being poor becomes the normal when some of the refs are abysmal. A poor one is then heralded as a good ref. 

At any rate, the only plus was he didnt affect the result. We didnt deserve to win that game.

There's no such thing as a 50/50 in football, but if there were, a referee could award every single 50/50 in a 15 minute spell to one side and not be biased.  There's no link between one incident and another.  It's like flipping a coin.  You could flip a coin 15 times and get heads every time.  

28 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Think you’re just wrong tbh...

Teams have us sussed out imo. If teams are constantly marking Shankland then our other attacking players need to step up and take the heat off him. Until he’s back to full fitness I think we’ll continue to struggle.

A win on Tuesday night would be very Ayr like after our title challenge pretty much collapsing yesterday. I can’t see it though so I’d say we’re playing for 2nd. Still an incredible season but with a tinge of disappointment after we came close to potentially winning it.

40 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

There's no such thing as a 50/50 in football, but if there were, a referee could award every single 50/50 in a 15 minute spell to one side and not be biased.  There's no link between one incident and another.  It's like flipping a coin.  You could flip a coin 15 times and get heads every time.  

You're right in one regard, he was guessing. I never suggested biase just incompetence.

Also to add, the number of fouls on Moffat that he never gave because Moffat stayed on his feet must have been close to double figures. 

He was a poor ref and by scottish standards that makes him good. I think thats what you are arguing. I could accept that.

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

A load of wee twats who need to get right to f**k.

Jabba is an abysmal cretin who was recently outed for shagging his gran or something similar.

A thousand times that. 

He didn't f**k his own gran but it was someone's gran. Grim. 

22 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Teams have us sussed out imo. If teams are constantly marking Shankland then our other attacking players need to step up and take the heat off him. Until he’s back to full fitness I think we’ll continue to struggle.

A win on Tuesday night would be very Ayr like after our title challenge pretty much collapsing yesterday. I can’t see it though so I’d say we’re playing for 2nd. Still an incredible season but with a tinge of disappointment after we came close to potentially winning it.

In all honesty I never thought you’d be winning this league.   It’s been a tremendous season for Ayr but you are at risk of not meeting your 2nd objective, but should be fine for 3rd at least.   That said in this mad mad league anything can happen.   You have had some results that some of us would kill for.   It had all the hallmarks of momentum led performance rather than a squad blessed with lots of quality.  And that’s why you’re in a bit of a rut.

that and having Aaron Muirhead at centre back.  Ouch.

In all honesty I never thought you’d be winning this league.   It’s been a tremendous season for Ayr but you are at risk of not meeting your 2nd objective, but should be fine for 3rd at least.   That said in this mad mad league anything can happen.   You have had some results that some of us would kill for.   It had all the hallmarks of momentum led performance rather than a squad blessed with lots of quality.  And that’s why you’re in a bit of a rut.

that and having Aaron Muirhead at centre back.  Ouch.

I have been pleasantly surprised with Muirhead. He was great last week vs Morton and looked fine yesterday. In fact it’s been Rose who’s been off the boil the last couple of weeks.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I have been pleasantly surprised with Muirhead. He was great last week vs Morton and looked fine yesterday. In fact it’s been Rose who’s been off the boil the last couple of weeks.

Fair dos.  Every time I’ve seen Muirhead I’ve been surprised he still gets a gig at this level.  Maybe his performances have rubbed off on Rose....?  

Fair dos.  Every time I’ve seen Muirhead I’ve been surprised he still gets a gig at this level.  Maybe his performances have rubbed off on Rose....?  

I’m putting it down to the fact he’s signed a pre-contract with Coventry and might have one eye on the move in the summer.

Yup It was the wee guys with the drum that started it along with an older baldy dude and a chubby guy sits in the north west...(jabba I think his nickname is).   Embarrassing.  Just why go there with this shite? No need.
Maybe one day the young ones will grow up. It's even more horrific when you see someone in at least their mid twenties / thirties/ older singing this fucking nonsense.

Scott McDonald will likely appear on Tuesday night and be targeted as usual. The club know what is likely to happen, they know who the perpetrators will likely be, so it is easy enough to take a stand and have club officials (as well as stewards) in the NW.

12 hours ago, jm86 said:

In what way was Craigen's hand ball (4.15 mins in) any different to Roses ? A little consistency would have been welcome.  In fact Craigen's is more blatant.  Having looked at the footage leading up to the pen in slow motion umpteen times, I'm not even totally convinced that the ball struck Rose's arm.  He was falling away from the ball as it passed him.  No doubt some totally unbiased Par's fan behind the goal will clear this up for me.  You see this kind of pen given week in week out on Match of The Day and I always think it's incredibly harsh. If your sliding in for that kind of block it's almost inevitable your arms go up.

With Craigen I thought it had hit his side but looking at highlights it hit his elbow and but was outside box so free kick at most. With Pars penalty, Ayr player makes the mistake of going to ground when he should stay on his feet and for me it is a clear deliberate  handball.

Archived