Ayr vs Dunfermline

Dreadful game, The penalty was the only shot on target in the whole game. 

Ayr had most of the possession but gave the ball away, Cadden was dreadful, looked like he hasn't played for about five years. Crawford was poor and Bell was a liability. Could have made all three subs at half time. 

Didn't do enough going forward and neither team had  a foot-hold in midfield.  so it was a scrappy 90 min

Dunfermline fans singing a homophobic song not once but twice today, between that and the Raith fan racially abusing McDaid last season.....Fife is some place. 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really thought that miller looked a much better player than cadden today! Made me wonder why he started cadden

Really thought we should have brought Kerr on at half time as we needed composure on the ball in midfield

Crawford should either be cm or in the sea! He’s nowhere near a winger, he never beat his man once and never got to the bye line at any point

Ayr had most of the possession but gave the ball away, Cadden was dreadful, looked like he hasn't played for about five years. Crawford was poor and Bell was a liability. Could have made all three subs at half time. 
Didn't do enough going forward and neither team had  a foot-hold in midfield.  so it was a scrappy 90 min
Dunfermline fans singing a homophobic song not once but twice today, between that and the Raith fan racially abusing McDaid last season.....Fife is some place. 

It’s because they have 6 fingers and 6 toes

Well that was irritatingly familiar.

Dunfermline did their homework, and probably deserved their win (certainly in terms of dangerous chances created). Big doohan saved us a couple of times.

Harvie was (other than one goal-saving toe poke in the first half) abysmal. We need to try something different at left back I reckon.

I don't like to write folk off early but cadden offered very little today, very similar to last week when he came on. As did mcdaid (who continues to blow hot and cold). Miller absolutely has to start on Tuesday.

Shankland is just going through a difficult phase. He's looking incredibly ordinary at the moment - but I'm confident it'll come again for him.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

f**k sake, it wasn't the stupid 'takes up the arse' song was it?

There are a few cretins in our support who persist with that bullshit and must think they're awful cool and hard doing so. They were furious when the board called them out on it and asked them to stop, and it appears to have made some of them more defiant to do it.

To a man they are absolutely tossers.

The song is garbage, and despite what some may claim, is indeed homophobic. There's no need for it at all.

Never seen the team so off the pace as that rank rotten right through the team except Doohan, and a daft penalty was the only way they would have scored, two rank rotten teams and only going one way for us now, should stay up but wouldn’t surprise me if we get sucked in to the play off spot the way the bottom of the league is going.
Biggest worry is rotten or not, they rolled there sleeves up and got stuck in and made it happen, beginning to look like we have too many prima donnas in the team.
Dunfermline had much more of a threat than us today, and at least three other times they should've scored (first half ball across the box touched away at the last minute, first half front post shot which doohan saved and then gathered, and a big chance in the second half when the ball bounced around our six yard box after a corner).

We really only had the moffat header near the end, and I'm still not sure how that never went in. Unlike last week, the opposition keeper was relatively untroubled.

32 minutes ago, mikedafc said:
4 hours ago, DAFC. said:
McCall gets so riled up after being beat off us. Looking forward to the post-match interview. 

On AU Media he said they didn't deserve anything from the game but then said they didn't deserve to lose the game!

So in meaning a draw was a fair result

As poor a game as it was, that's clearly not true. Scully made a good save in the first half with his feet and your keeper made a point-blank save (not that he knew anything about it) from Connolly in the second. There also looked to be one cleared off (or near) the line at the far end although it was hard to see, and we did have the ball in the net but the linesman ruled the ball had gone dead before the cut back (and I'd like to see that again as it didn't look like the whole of the ball was over the whole of the line). Think you're being a wee bit harsh on your own players too - conditions weren't great but your wingers put in some lovely in-swingers today. I'd be asking why the Moffat-Shankland partnership wasn't working today - we gave them quite a bit of room but I can't remember them passing to each other very often today. I'd also be asking McDaid to wear boots next time rather than plimsolls (I assume that was what he had on given how easily he seemed to hit the deck). You've had a good season and it can still be a great one, but it's going to take a wee reset before you get going again. Midweek would be as good a time as any.

Almost a replay of Morton last week. A really sparky first 30 mins, but getting increasingly shite as the game went on. Two subs then made that made us look worse. Hmmm...

Really strange sub to bring Adams on, when the game was crying out for some creativity - if Kerr was on the bench he must have been fit enough to play a part and I would have given him the last 15 mins to see if his clever short passing could have unlocked the Pars defence.

As the game went on I remarked that I could see I losing this, and so it came to pass. A set piece was always the mostly likely route to a goal for either side given the  poor quality on display on both sides. Increasingly I am giving more credence to the view that maybe this League is a really poor one - whilst we've clearly been punching above our weight it is looking like Ross County v Dundee Utd for the title now. Not sure I care if we finish in the play-offs or not now, quite fancy the summer holidays starting on time if this is the quality of football we are going to served up.

2 weeks in a row we have got fans moaning about losing to us in poor games. Frankly I don't give a f**k, our game plan recently is not set up to be creative, it's done to be win the battles and keep us more solid. And it's working right now.

Longridge added a lot and might just bring that creativity that would complete this side.

The fact we're 5th is absolutely mental.

What's happened to Ayr?!

When I watched your game against United on Alba you looked full of confidence but more importantly highly organised. You could almost see grid lines on the pitch in relation to how your players moved, especially when defending. Your wingers got in to space and were not afraid to take a man on instead of cutting back in and playing a pass back, and you put a lot of crosses in to the box (which you scored from more than once; think two came from crosses).

All I've seen of Ayr since was the cup game at Talbot, where there was a degree of the organisation but not to the same extent and you seemed easily rattled. The conditions seemed too much for Ayr that day and your crumbled far too easily. There was little confidence and it seemed like a team playing for a draw.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

f**k sake, it wasn't the stupid 'takes up the arse' song was it?

There are a few cretins in our support who persist with that bullshit and must think they're awful cool and hard doing so. They were furious when the board called them out on it and asked them to stop, and it appears to have made some of them more defiant to do it.

To a man they are absolutely tossers.

The song is garbage, and despite what some may claim, is indeed homophobic. There's no need for it at all.

Yup It was the wee guys with the drum that started it along with an older baldy dude and a chubby guy sits in the north west...(jabba I think his nickname is).   Embarrassing.  Just why go there with this shite? No need.

4 minutes ago, parsboi said:

Yup It was the wee guys with the drum that started it along with an older baldy dude and a chubby guy sits in the north west...(jabba I think his nickname is).   Embarrassing.  Just why go there with this shite? No need.

A load of wee twats who need to get right to f**k.

Jabba is an abysmal cretin who was recently outed for shagging his gran or something similar.

They used to do games vlogs on YouTube as Pars Nation

Archived