Ayr vs Dunfermline

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Draw acceptable but hope we can win. We look more organised and some more options next week with Fais Higgy and Longridge back hopefully.

Not sure what you mean by Higginbotham being "back" given that he was on the bench on Saturday after being honking recently? It's not as if he's been injured and a big miss when he's been out the team. The beatification of Higginbotham is an enduring mystery to me. He's decent enough when on form but that hasn't happened too often this season. Longridge I'll give you, and I guess el Bakhtaoui looked decent alongside Anderson but even then he's been awful most of the season.

I also don’t understand this myth about Higginbotham being so important. If we look at the stats, he’s played 13 league games this season. In 12 of those 13 games, he has failed to register either a goal or an assist.

In fact, he has only started in 1 of our 7 league wins, played half an hour in another and not appeared at all in the other 5. We’ve won 5 of the 11 games that he hasn’t played. Which is a lot better than our statistics with him in the team.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

I also don’t understand this myth about Higginbotham being so important. If we look at the stats, he’s played 13 league games this season. In 12 of those 13 games, he has failed to register either a goal or an assist.

In fact, he has only started in 1 of our 7 league wins, played half an hour in another and not appeared at all in the other 5. We’ve won 5 of the 11 games that he hasn’t played. Which is a lot better than our statistics with him in the team.

Hard to disagree with that accept that we probably randomly chucked half those games with errors. In general we are stronger with those three being available and at full fitness. I don’t know if Higgy was dropped or had a knock? He certainly was to blame partly for the second County goal.

15 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

I won’t hear anything bad said about the manager who relegated us twice and had us seventh in the seaside league.

Jim McIntyre's team relegated us, JJ actually made an attempt to stay up, it had been a chore before that. We would have been favourites for the league the first season back in the Championship if all the off field stuff didn't happen, then we got a 20odd point deduction. Little he could do, especially with Ryan Wallace up front who couldn't score in a barrel of fannies.

1 hour ago, JFPar said:

Jim McIntyre's team relegated us, JJ actually made an attempt to stay up, it had been a chore before that. We would have been favourites for the league the first season back in the Championship if all the off field stuff didn't happen, then we got a 20odd point deduction. Little he could do, especially with Ryan Wallace up front who couldn't score in a barrel of fannies.

Pretty sure he did alright actually. He got 11 or so goals that season I think.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Pretty sure he did alright actually. He got 11 or so goals that season I think.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. That game against Airdrie, he had about 40 chances to score, kept trying to be fancy and round the keeper. Sure we would have avoided the playoffs with a win against an already relegated Airdrie.

27 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Sorry, I should have been more clear. That game against Airdrie, he had about 40 chances to score, kept trying to be fancy and round the keeper. Sure we would have avoided the playoffs with a win against an already relegated Airdrie.

That game against Airdrie :lol:

Pretty sure Ryan Thomson had quite a few chances as well.

Worried about this one tbh.
Ever the optimist I'll go for a 2-1 to Ayr with a late Moffat winner.
Will likely end up being an absolute borefest with a 1-0 win for the pars.
Sir Andrew of Geggan to start please.

Worried about this one tbh.
Ever the optimist I'll go for a 2-1 to Ayr with a late Moffat winner.
Will likely end up being an absolute borefest with a 1-0 win for the pars.
Sir Andrew of Geggan to start please.

Geggan is still injured according to the AP.

17 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Won't have a bad word said about Taxi. He was absolute flames in that run in.

He was actually pretty good despite being asked to play as a striker, which clearly wasn't his role.

However that game against Airdrie he missed quite a few chances, although I'm pretty sure he scored the equaliser.

Archived