Ayr vs Dunfermline

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Draw, 0-0. Which I'd be happy with. 

Ayr haven't been on a great run of form since they thumped Dundee United, that did coincide with Shankland being injured, our best hope is that he's signed a pre contract and is protecting a niggle. Ayr without Shankland aren't a prospect to be feared. 

If Geggan and Adams are fit for this I’d play them. Harvie has looked off it in recent weeks and I’d bring Geggan in and shift Smith over to LB.

Doohan

Geggan
Muirhead
Rose
Smith

Cadden
Adams
Murdoch
Miller

Moffat
Shankland

Subs; Hare-Reid, Bell, Harvie, Docherty, Crawford, McDaid, Moore

If Geggan and Adams are fit for this I’d play them. Harvie has looked off it in recent weeks and I’d bring Geggan in and shift Smith over to LB.

Doohan

Geggan
Muirhead
Rose
Smith

Cadden
Adams
Murdoch
Miller

Moffat
Shankland

Subs; Hare-Reid, Bell, Harvie, Docherty, Crawford, McDaid, Moore
Spoke to geggan at the game on Saturday and he's hopefully back training this week.

We were absolutely humped earlier in the season down at Somerset but think it'll be closer this time around. Our win against ICT was massive and will bring some much needed confidence but it'll be a big task to take something from this game.

Looking at the remaining fixtures, this is a bit of a bonus game, as is any remaining games with Dundee Utd & Ross Co. Take anything from them and it should be viewed as a good result.

The games that matter for us are Thistle, Queens, Alloa, Falkirk, Morton & ICT.

I'd like to see a wee shake up of the starting line up like many are suggesting....rest Crawford and McDaid and get Cadden and Miller in from the start

A good win here with a couple of different players on the scoresheet would be a boost

Saturday's win takes a bit of pressure out of this but still always think Ayr away is a game we should be looking to win. I wouldn't be gutted with a point but would be nice to start putting a run together.

Haven't decided if I'll head through. It's supposedly going to be a beaut of a day on Saturday and Somerset Park in the sunshine is a grand experience.

6 hours ago, JFPar said:

We were absolutely humped earlier in the season down at Somerset but think it'll be closer this time around. Our win against ICT was massive and will bring some much needed confidence but it'll be a big task to take something from this game.

Looking at the remaining fixtures, this is a bit of a bonus game, as is any remaining games with Dundee Utd & Ross Co. Take anything from them and it should be viewed as a good result.

The games that matter for us are Thistle, Queens, Alloa, Falkirk, Morton & ICT.

Reading this post by a Dunfermline fan about them taking anything off us as a 'good result' and a 'bonus game' neatly highlights just how well Ayr have done this season. :)

Archived