Match Officials

Valemafia

But this thread was opened by a fella claiming it was scandalous that the player wasn't sent off for the tackle. Discipline clumsy players properly or allow both teams to stay at 11 a-side. Which is it to be?
Simply do your job properly that's all I ask
I can't comment on photo as I was not at the match but the games I have attended the levels are poor and that's my complaint

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

The powers that be need to find a solution yes that may involve support or further training but as it stands these guys are ruining football matches due to simply not being good enough.

Strange tho folk I have spoke to tell me that in the amateur game the refs are far better so if that is correct we need to find out why and how we can bring those standards into the junior game .

The idiot we had last week was more interested in strolling about in his flip flops and making sure his mate got free entry rather than concentrating on making sure he gave a faultless performance in a very important cup tie.

Flip flops and pals getting in for free aside.... how was his performance as a ref?

7 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Shite arguably cost us the tie

I don't think it was a straight red card and denied what look to me a stonewall penalty

You don't think that your player tackled/challenged using excessive force?

2 hours ago, Valemafia said:

So a follow through doesn't warrant a card or even being spoken to ?

Have you ever tried being a ref yourself? 22 people plus staff and fans all wanting a piece of you, they make mistakes for sure but I bet players make ten times more mistakes over 90 minutes than  the officials. 

1 hour ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Simply do your job properly that's all I ask
I can't comment on photo as I was not at the match but the games I have attended the levels are poor and that's my complaint

Do players not have poor games?Do they not make mistakes? I bet they make more mistakes over 90 minutes than refs. 

It's not a full time job at this level so it's not a career. The lad's full time occupation is his career choice.
And watch the aggressive barbs there, tiger.

As with most careers, they start with poor wages but most want to find themselves refereeing the World Cup Final. That is a career. If they don’t make the grade they disappear from view. But to say that they don’t have the ambition at the start to make a career of it isn’t credible.

2 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

The powers that be need to find a solution yes that may involve support or further training but as it stands these guys are ruining football matches due to simply not being good enough.

Strange tho folk I have spoke to tell me that in the amateur game the refs are far better so if that is correct we need to find out why and how we can bring those standards into the junior game .

The idiot we had last week was more interested in strolling about in his flip flops and making sure his mate got free entry rather than concentrating on making sure he gave a faultless performance in a very important cup tie.

There are just as many "idiots" that play the game or are on the sidelines but the ref's are the easy target.  Our players ( ie those who play for the teams we all support) make far more 'stupid' mistakes and take wrong decisions per game than a referee does but we rarely come on here and give our own team such pelters on here.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

But this thread was opened by a fella claiming it was scandalous that the player wasn't sent off for the tackle. Discipline clumsy players properly or allow both teams to stay at 11 a-side. Which is it to be?

I never stated he be shown a red card?? I said no card or spoken to that's all don't know what these Ref supervisors are seeing at most of our games but re training needs done 

2 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

If players have too many poor games they don't get resigned and ultimately stop playing at the level
so can the same be said for referees that give poor performances every week ?

Yes refs do get demoted and will suffer the consequences of poor performances, do you want every single one of them who make mistakes being driven out the game? 

Where does that leave us with no officials? 

4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

It's not a full time job at this level so it's not a career. The lad's full time occupation is his career choice.

And watch the aggressive barbs there, tiger.

So it's not a career ? Exams training & receiving a payment for doing a job ? So all our officials are doing it for beer money ? 

56 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:
1 hour ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:
Yes refs do get demoted and will suffer the consequences of poor performances, do you want every single one of them who make mistakes being driven out the game? 

Where does that leave us with no officials? 

If it continues then fans will drift away and that means the clubs die

Absolute garbage. 

So on the contrary if refs get everything correct 100 percent of the time then crowds will grow loads?? 

If players have too many poor games they don't get resigned and ultimately stop playing at the level
so can the same be said for referees that give poor performances every week ?
It's pointless comparing players and referees. If a player makes 5 mistakes in a match then he's got a chance of redeeming himself every time he gets the ball. Plus he has 10 teammates ready to help him out.

If a referee makes 5 mistakes there's nobody to cover for him. Nobody behind him to correct the error. His/her game is defined by those 5 mistakes, even if the other hundred decisions he makes are spot on.

Not really a fair comparison is it?

3 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Your talking garbage folk want to the game played in a fair manner and folk doing the job there paid to do. ..now bore off your ruining my Sunday with your shite

You said that if poor refs continue then the game will die , therefore on the contrary if refs flourish shall it add loads onto the gates via attendances? 

Archived