Match Officials

Valemafia

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Valemafia said:

This challenge yesterday at our game was missed by the ref & near side linesman standard of officials at this level is abysmal players can't talk to them anymore in fear of a card 

Screenshot_20190217-102309_Photos.jpg

Have you looked to see if you can enrol yourself on a referee course?

He played the ball clearly thru the players leg, altho the picture suggests otherwise.(looks like got caught on follow thru) The Vale player went down screaming in agony till he realised no action was being taken, he got after a minute no problem didn't seem in pain spoke to the ref and required no treatment from sidelines.

Just now, Valemafia said:

Naa mate all it's needed is a bit of consistency 

Every level of football says the refs are mince though. 

Look at the top level. Champions League last week Ajax had a goal chalked off using VAR which showed the player to be millimetres offside. Refereeing is subjective and that's part of the game. To post a picture, which is now being pointed out as spurious, doesn't help anyone.

Leave the refs alone.

The boy at the talbot game yesterday was out his depth, he was easily conned by krr and their diving and squealing every time someone looked at them the wrong way, then some of the fouls he did give both ways were comical

Have you looked to see if you can enrol yourself on a referee course?
That is the shite argument that
If I get a crap meal at a restaurant I would not expect to be told " have you ever thought of being a chef " if I complained .
The standard is awful and questions need to be asked not swept under the carpet

2 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

That is the shite argument that
If I get a crap meal at a restaurant I would not expect to be told " have you ever thought of being a chef " if I complained .
The standard is awful and questions need to be asked not swept under the carpet

You've just put forward a worse one.

Being a chef is a career choice, not a hobby as in Junior football and I'm sure you will complain with decency, not call the chef every "see you next Tuesday" going.

I know it's frustrating when things go against you or are completely wrong. But as it's subjective that's always going to happen. Giving the lads dog's abuse won't help it.

Just now, griffiti on the wall said:

So being a referee is not a career choice. .don't talk nonsense he gets paid therefore it's a career / job not a hobby

It's not a full time job at this level so it's not a career. The lad's full time occupation is his career choice.

And watch the aggressive barbs there, tiger.

The powers that be need to find a solution yes that may involve support or further training but as it stands these guys are ruining football matches due to simply not being good enough.

Strange tho folk I have spoke to tell me that in the amateur game the refs are far better so if that is correct we need to find out why and how we can bring those standards into the junior game .

The idiot we had last week was more interested in strolling about in his flip flops and making sure his mate got free entry rather than concentrating on making sure he gave a faultless performance in a very important cup tie.

The boy at the talbot game yesterday was out his depth, he was easily conned by krr and their diving and squealing every time someone looked at them the wrong way, then some of the fouls he did give both ways were comical
Bit strange it's the ref's fault that the players can't behave themselves.

It's not a full time job at this level so it's not a career. The lad's full time occupation is his career choice.
And watch the aggressive barbs there, tiger.
Not aggressive your simply talking nonsense it's still a job/career part time or not
If you take monies for a service then it's your duty to your employer/customer to provide the best service possible .

4 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

So being a referee is not a career choice. .don't talk nonsense he gets paid therefore it's a career / job not a hobby

220 pound plus expenses a month (providing he on 4 junior games a month)  isn't going to cover the bills more or less just beer money for that night, to be honest 

1 minute ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Look at the stats around all 4 divisions
Most weeks teams reduced to 10/9 players so either your claiming that junior footballers are simply undisciplined or the refs are spoiling matches ...which is it to be ?

But this thread was opened by a fella claiming it was scandalous that the player wasn't sent off for the tackle. Discipline clumsy players properly or allow both teams to stay at 11 a-side. Which is it to be?

Archived