Match Officials

Valemafia

Referees are being micro managed. They are being told how to present themselves on the park, not to show any emotions and don't interact with players. They are advised to copy one of our top officials who is in the papers most weeks. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, fb4 said:

Referees are being micro managed. They are being told how to present themselves on the park, not to show any emotions and don't interact with players. They are advised to copy one of our top officials who is in the papers most weeks. 

Good shout.

They are being instructed. They are not allowed to apply common sense. They don't help themselves at times tho. A quiet word helps defuse situations. It seems as if they have the cards out before they consider if it's actually required.

Players will respect refs and accept that they will make mistakes.

Refs should reciprocate. Players get angry. Players will say things. No need to show cards for a wee bit of daftness.

Maybe we will be moving to 3 yellows soon.

Getting booked for having a difference of opinion or booting the ball away should not be treated same as a bad tackle.

We should be making the refs job easier

41 minutes ago, justagoalie said:

They are being instructed. They are not allowed to apply common sense. They don't help themselves at times tho. A quiet word helps defuse situations. It seems as if they have the cards out before they consider if it's actually required.

Refs should reciprocate. Players get angry. Players will say things. No need to show cards for a wee bit of daftness.

Getting booked for having a difference of opinion or booting the ball away should not be treated same as a bad tackle.

Good post, although common sense will never be encouraged by the clowns that run the game.   I have said the bit I highlighted for years, and IMO a simple way to resolve this is to introduce a sin bin.  Playing with 10 players for 10 minutes because of someone's indiscipline would probably improve player's behaviour. 

They are aloof and in general can't/won't talk to players, which creates so many of the problems.  

Referees have a very difficult job everybody knows that. The standard in my opinion is falling. I have seen good, average and very poor referees this season. It does not help when the referees  association says his word is final end of story . Where is the accountability to committees that break their backs or to the punters. The referees association is a closed shop and I have never once heard of them make a statement to say that owning to poor performances they were demoting a referee.  To bring transparency into the game the referees association need to open up and stop programming referees like computers . The Associations also play an important part in this by accepting a referees report on most occasions. I read a referees report today  it was full of lies because I heard what he said as I was standing next to the club official he was speaking to as were ten other people from two committees. The association accepted his report This was wrong and allows this referee to do it again

7 hours ago, justagoalie said:

Good shout.

Surely we need to play to the rules of the game and if something deserves a card the ref is entitled to give it. If the rules say that booting the ball away is a card then it’s a card. The players know the rules and must learn not to break them. If the rule changes then kick the ball away as many times as you want. If players go about kicking and get a yellow card then if they boot the ball away or anything else silly that carries a yellow then they deserve to get sent off.

Scott Brown deserves to be sent off at the weekend as he knows the rules and knew what he was doing was a yellow card!

he wasn’t sent off for it he was sent off for two yellows and deservedly so.

They have a tough job on their hands which everyone accepts .

They just have to be a bit more approachable when being asked a civilised question . They don’t always suffer shouting and swearing .

Oh and stop writing nonsense in their reports . Not sure how they can write a referees report without any corroboration and the powers that be automatically find a coach or player guilty of an offence .

2 hours ago, iPhone said:

Surely we need to play to the rules of the game and if something deserves a card the ref is entitled to give it. If the rules say that booting the ball away is a card then it’s a card. The players know the rules and must learn not to break them. If the rule changes then kick the ball away as many times as you want. If players go about kicking and get a yellow card then if they boot the ball away or anything else silly that carries a yellow then they deserve to get sent off.

Scott Brown deserves to be sent off at the weekend as he knows the rules and knew what he was doing was a yellow card!

he wasn’t sent off for it he was sent off for two yellows and deservedly so.

Not argusing about the laws of the game. They get changed every year anyway by FIFA/UEFA/SFA. Interpretation and consistency is the issue for me. 

As for Scott Brown then yes he deserved it as the current interpretation stands. And he shold have seen red for the tackle.

Madden has 3 others helping him.

Only one ref at most junior or amateur game. It would in my opinion help if they had more options than present. Although I do agree that players must behave better.

5 minutes ago, justagoalie said:

Interpretation and consistency is the issue for me. 

As for Scott Brown then yes he deserved it as the current interpretation stands. And he should have seen red for the tackle.

Correct - again total inconsistency from an official.  Broadfoot was rightly sent off, yet Browns tackle deliberately took Taylor out and his studs hit Taylor's shin; it was pre-meditated and nasty yet he only gets a yellow card. 

You see it regularly in football, where someone is booked for something yet 5 minutes later someone does the same and isn't booked.  It would drive me mad if I was a player. 

Correct - again total inconsistency from an official.  Broadfoot was rightly sent off, yet Browns tackle deliberately took Taylor out and his studs hit Taylor's shin; it was pre-meditated and nasty yet he only gets a yellow card. 
You see it regularly in football, where someone is booked for something yet 5 minutes later someone does the same and isn't booked.  It would drive me mad if I was a player. 
Oh dear greetings about Scott brown on a junior page ...

6 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:
55 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

Was only adding some relevance to what was a good point by 'just a goalie', but as usual you have to be argumentative.

3 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:
4 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

Starting to show your real team now GOTW.... 

Starting to show your real team now GOTW.... 
Aye very good I unlike the vast majority on here know my real team I follow them home and away every Saturday but instead of calling out those who bring senior football on to the forum you instead have a cheap dig at me .
That's great I fucking love it that your hurting

5 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Aye very good I unlike the vast majority on here know my real team I follow them home and away every Saturday but instead of calling out those who bring senior football on to the forum you instead have a cheap dig at me .
That's great I fucking love it that your hurting

The point made was a good one. Scott Brown got a mention as it was recent and probably seen by many junior fans. 

And I hope you don't think I was hurting!

Archived