Jags Vs Stags Part Three - Saturday 23 February

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Duszek said:

Taking a step back and looking at it dispassionately, we should be wiping the floor with these Wimpy-eating, 4-wheel driving, puffin-hunting simpletons.

I was actually stood in the pie queue at Victoria Park a few years ago and a stranger started talking to me about catching and eating puffins on the Faroe Islands.

12 minutes ago, yoda said:

I was actually stood in the pie queue at Victoria Park a few years ago and a stranger started talking to me about catching and eating puffins on the Faroe Islands.

That was you, though, wasn't it, talking to yourself.

8 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

@bunglebonce what's the Stag-centric team news?

Fontaine, Morris, Kelly, Cowie, Vigurs should still be all out although the latter two are back training this week so possibly a surprise appearance on the bench.

We'll probably make a couple changes after Tuesday's 120 minute shift. I'd expect Jamie Lindsay to come in as he never started against Caley. 

1 hour ago, staggy4life said:

Fontaine, Morris, Kelly, Cowie, Vigurs should still be all out although the latter two are back training this week so possibly a surprise appearance on the bench.

We'll probably make a couple changes after Tuesday's 120 minute shift. I'd expect Jamie Lindsay to come in as he never started against Caley. 

You playing 4-4-2 or 3-5-2?

Seems County tend to play a 4-4-1-1 with McKay playing off of the centre forward. 

Doesn't seem a lot of width aside from Mullin so I can see GC sticking with the diamond formation. My only main worry would be the pace of McKay. 

The County back four certainly seems penetrable but I guess the back four will dig in as required.

Should be an interesting tactical game even if a goal fest for either team seems unlikely.

I'm thinking 2-1 Thistle but the first goal as always is crucial in this division.

A tough one to predict.

Thistle are much improved in recent weeks and you don't know what you will get from County away from home.

I fear we may lose, a draw wouldn't be the end of the world but we really need to keep winning. The team will go down with the belief they will come back with 3 points i'm sure but who knows really, it could be any scoreline.

I'll say an optimistic 0-2 to County with an early goal and a late goal. Will not be at all surprised if Thistle win though and should be a decent game.

19 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Apparently same line up for us tomorrow...

Source: Taxi driver on Facebook who dropped off Aiden Fitzpatrick...

Check out @PartickThistle’s Tweet:

As predicted...

You playing 4-4-2 or 3-5-2?
Seems County tend to play a 4-4-1-1 with McKay playing off of the centre forward. 
Doesn't seem a lot of width aside from Mullin so I can see GC sticking with the diamond formation. My only main worry would be the pace of McKay. 
The County back four certainly seems penetrable but I guess the back four will dig in as required.
Should be an interesting tactical game even if a goal fest for either team seems unlikely.
I'm thinking 2-1 Thistle but the first goal as always is crucial in this division.

Most of the season, they’ve played a 4-3-3/4-5-1 hybrid, which often meant a striker on the wing. Against Inverness it was a more traditional 4-4-2, and it looks very much the same today.

Ross Draper is out, which is a huge, huge blow. He’s bullied pretty much anyone he’s come up against this season. Spence and Lindsay aren’t the same quality, IMO, and Lindsay’s not the same type of player anyway.

County’s best form players currently are on the wing (and Stewart up front, believe it or not), and the weakest in central midfield. We shall see. Goals ahoy, I suspect.

Archived