Queens v Alloa

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are we still needing to tie down contracts for all these terrific players and our glorious management team?

By the time this season ends GN will have had half a season followed by two full seasons in charge with the full benefit of Dobbie’s brilliance at his disposal. Other mid table Managers have had to battle on with

I had a wee feeling we might win this one simply because this Alloa team has consistently been good at responding well to setbacks. And in truth we haven't really been off the boil big time anyway. Yeah the two defeats against Falkirk and Partick were a major blow, but those were still two tight games and we were playing really well previously. Very small margins. 
Fantastic result today anyway and very important response to the aforementioned defeats. Lot of people writing us off the last few days but this Alloa team won't go quietly. 

Spot on. I’m left eating my words completely. Although, with no disrespect to Alloa, if there ever was a game to get us back on track then this should have been it. But fair play, Alloa are a tough team to beat, especially this season. If they stay up it’ll be a minor miracle considering the teams in the league.

GN’s interview is quite shocking. I’ve never seen him not shoulder the blame, today he very much put it on the defending of players (and rightly so) and even named them. Worrying times ahead for us, but I still think he’s the man for the job.

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

And of the 7 goals conceded to the bottom sides, 6 were crosses.

How can we continue to be so bad at defending them?

you would have thought an ex scotland international defender off many senior clubs would be able to teach players how to defend a ball into the box .

you would have thought an ex scotland international defender off many senior clubs would be able to teach players how to defend a ball into the box .
As I've already said, GN takes some of the flack for it but he shouldn't need to spoon feed a professional footballer on how to mark. It's an absolute basic at any level of the game.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

As I've already said, GN takes some of the flack for it but he shouldn't need to spoon feed a professional footballer on how to mark. It's an absolute basic at any level of the game.

naysmith was a decent defender . as you said the responsibility lies with the players . when i was playing in defence with greystone rovers we were coached to deal with all balls in the area . that is youth football . these guys are being paid a nice whack every week .

4 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Defence incapable of dealing with high balls into the box and a keeper whose theme tune should be "I walk the line". What could possibly go wrong. :(

Canny believe the difference in Martin coming for cross balls in the warm up to sticking to his line during games! So frustrating.... 

5 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

By the time this season ends GN will have had half a season followed by two full seasons in charge with the full benefit of Dobbie’s brilliance at his disposal. Other mid table Managers have had to battle on with

Honesty at its best .Robin  nail on head .

Witnessed a lovely moment before today's game by the Alloa chairman Mike Mulraney who handed over his pile of halftime draw tickets he bought to young Queens fans sat in front of the directors box. 

He had probably knicked them

9 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Callum Semple!! What a loss he has been to the defence... 

Semple played 15.5 league games in which we conceded 20 goals - an average of 1.29 goals per game. We have played 9.5 league games without him in the side conceding 11 goals, an average of 1.16 goals per game.

And 5 of the 7 goals we have conceded to Alloa in 3 games came with him in the team. An average of 2.5 with him playing and 2 without.

Note that Alloa have scored an average of 0.87 goals per game against everybody else and 2.33 goals per game against us.

Archived