Queens v Alloa

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish I hadn't watched those. The rage is back.

The first one just confuses me more than anything. Before the corner Mercer is on the post. By the time it comes in he's away from the post in no man's land doing nothing whereas had he stayed where he was he'd have more than likely cleared it off the line. I would even say it's harsh to criticise Fordyce here because he stuck with his man but the boy got his foot in first. That's easier to stomach than a player getting a free header/shot as a result of being completely unmarked.

Unless Martin told Mercer to get off the post then Mercer gets the blame for me there.

The second isn't quite as easy. Firstly an awful attempt at a clearance by Doyle, then Wilson has a look for his man but leaves him, Marshall must be able to see the boy but instead he changes his run as if he's expecting it to go over his head and lastly there's a case that Martin could have come for it. Probably equal amount of blame there but I don't think you could pinpoint to one individual. An another utterly embarrassing attempt at defending a cross though.

26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Wish I hadn't watched those. The rage is back.

The first one just confuses me more than anything. Before the corner Mercer is on the post. By the time it comes in he's away from the post in no man's land doing nothing whereas had he stayed where he was he'd have more than likely cleared it off the line. I would even say it's harsh to criticise Fordyce here because he stuck with his man but the boy got his foot in first. That's easier to stomach than a player getting a free header/shot as a result of being completely unmarked.

Unless Martin told Mercer to get off the post then Mercer gets the blame for me there.

The second isn't quite as easy. Firstly an awful attempt at a clearance by Doyle, then Wilson has a look for his man but leaves him, Marshall must be able to see the boy but instead he changes his run as if he's expecting it to go over his head and lastly there's a case that Martin could have come for it. Probably equal amount of blame there but I don't think you could pinpoint to one individual. An another utterly embarrassing attempt at defending a cross though.

Agree on the first goal,  I thought at the time Mercer should have covered the post better but,  as you say,  the keeper maybe moved him away.  Second goal,  mistakes by a few players,  I actually thought Doyle could have done better to cut out  the chance for the cross. It's simple mistakes that are having such a bad effect,  you can understand the Manager getting frustrated at times. 

Archived