Queens v Alloa

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Another cross for the winner I believe. 

Four straight league defeats - three of them to sides at the bottom.  It's a bloody awful run.

Welcome to the relegation fight!

Another cross for the winner I believe. 

Four straight league defeats - three of them to sides at the bottom.  It's a bloody awful run.

And of the 7 goals conceded to the bottom sides, 6 were crosses.

How can we continue to be so bad at defending them?

Depressingly predictable outcome. We were poor by our standards but did enough that I was disappointed with only a point. Once again though we shoot ourselves in the foot with our inability to deal with crosses.

We’re great at ensuring our opponents score from the few chances they create, whereas we fluff the multiple that come our way.

Very, very pissed off after that. All the good work of January well and truly undone by a shocker of a February.

3 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Depressingly predictable outcome. We were poor by our standards but did enough that I was disappointed with only a point. Once again though we shoot ourselves in the foot with our inability to deal with crosses.

We’re great at ensuring our opponents score from the few chances they create, whereas we fluff the multiple that come our way.

Very, very pissed off after that. All the good work of January well and truly undone by a shocker of a February.

Yes, a terrible month.

Genuinely worrying now.  

5 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Alloa have been off the boil big time, lost Jake Hastie who has been a revelation at Well and are struggling for any inspiration at the moment. If there was ever a game to get us back on track, this would be it. 

I had a wee feeling we might win this one simply because this Alloa team has consistently been good at responding well to setbacks. And in truth we haven't really been off the boil big time anyway. Yeah the two defeats against Falkirk and Partick were a major blow, but those were still two tight games and we were playing really well previously. Very small margins. 

Fantastic result today anyway and very important response to the aforementioned defeats. Lot of people writing us off the last few days but this Alloa team won't go quietly. 

5 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Anyone else got a crippling fear about this one? I think there is a real possibility our season ends today.

Season isn’t over as we still have a relegation battle to fight. Naysmith’s season should be over, though. 

I had a wee feeling we might win this one simply because this Alloa team has consistently been good at responding well to setbacks. And in truth we haven't really been off the boil big time anyway. Yeah the two defeats against Falkirk and Partick were a major blow, but those were still two tight games and we were playing really well previously. Very small margins. 
Fantastic result today anyway and very important response to the aforementioned defeats. Lot of people writing us off the last few days but this Alloa team won't go quietly. 
Yes, very important that we bounced back from the Falkirk and Partick defeats. Good to see Kirky get his first goal of this spell at the club, let's hope he can go on a bit of a scoring run again.

31 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

And of the 7 goals conceded to the bottom sides, 6 were crosses.

How can we continue to be so bad at defending them?

If only we had an Ex-International defender on the coaching staff who could try and sort this out. 

If only we had an Ex-International defender on the coaching staff who could try and sort this out. 

He definitely needs to take some responsibility here but for me the buck stops with the players here. Marking is surely an absolute basic for even poorer defenders. The number of times our guys lose their man because they are concentrating more on the ball rather than what the opponent is doing is unreal.

Mark the player with your back to goal, not side on. That way you'll know where he is. Martin also has to take his share of the blame as he is as good as useless at commanding. But even so, it doesn't excuse bad marking.

We've had plenty of 'keepers at our club who wouldn't command their area (arguably more than those who did), yet I can't ever recall it being as big a problem as it has been for the last couple of seasons.

Said Kirky signing would be worth 6 points over the rest of the season. That's 3 in the bag and still got a fair few games left.  I might need to revise that estimate.
Two points today. When was the other one? [emoji6]

Archived