Queens v Alloa

A game Queens must win to get our season going again start of a huge week with Morton and Dunfermline next will make or break our season 

We have lost  the last 3  league games don't think that has happened  when Naysmith has been the manager.

Hopefully we go 3 at the back have a right go at Alloa not just sit in and hope Dobbie can get us a goal .

Hopefully Todd will be back we will have Aird  back hopefully only missing Maguire 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Thistle(s) and QoS only teams not to beat Alloa in the league this season. 

Funny coincidence they had Partick yesterday, yourselves next week and Inverness week after

Thistle (Partick variety) beat Alloa yesterday.

Alloa's last visit to Palmerston needed the Dobbie show to earn us a point. We need to be more switched-on from the start against teams. not allowing them to dictate early play. Unfortunately Maguire misses out, I was very impressed with his partnership with Wilson yesterday, short-lived though it was, until the unfortunate misunderstanding  that led to the penalty and red card.  The table is tightening up a bit now with fourth to ninth (sorry Alloa) all with the varying degrees of possibly being involved in play-offs at either end.  Hoping for a minimum of 4 points from our next two games to get us  back on track looking up rather than down. It would be great if Todd is back fit for this  but if we show the same fight and tenacity as we did 2nd half V United then it gives us every chance of picking up full points.

I'm not sure why our first half performance yesterday is being criticised as much.  Anyone that has been watching us this season, especially since the turn of the year, should know we have been playing a containment system then hitting teams on the break.  It has worked to great effect, and bar one mistake yesterday was continuing to do so.  If we had got to half time at 0-0 it would have been a great outcome playing against the wind, and we were very close to doing so.  It had nothing to do with showing United too much respect, it was a deliberate tactic as far as I could tell.

All that being said, it will be a very different game against Alloa who will likely try and sit in themselves and we'll be the ones having to try and break them down.  It's a bit knee-jerk to suddenly suggest a back 3 is the answer to our problems as there were other factors at play against United.  It should certainly be considered though as it looked very promising and brought the best out of several of our players.

Huge game that we really need to be winning.

Huge game for us. Really is a must win. With Morton playing ICT, a win for the Ton and a win for us puts 3 teams on 33 points, although we’d be 4th on GD. This is the most important week of the season, without a doubt. 6 points minimum from the 3 games. Preferably 7 or 9 though.

If we win all 3, I can see us finishing 4th. If we lose all 3, there’s no reason why we won’t finish 9th.

I’d be tempted to go for 3 at the back in this one. Done well against United, why not try it here.

Martin
Doyle Fordyce Wilson
Mercer Jacobs Low Marshall
Todd(if fit)/Stirling
Dobbie Dykes

That gives us either Todd or Stirling, Aird, Brownlie, Murray and McGrath to come off the bench.

Can’t wait for the day we have 7 on the bench.

1 hour ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

I’d be tempted to go for 3 at the back in this one. Done well against United, why not try it here.

Martin
Doyle Fordyce Wilson
Mercer Jacobs Low Marshall
Todd(if fit)/Stirling
Dobbie Dykes

That gives us either Todd or Stirling, Aird, Brownlie, Murray and McGrath to come off the bench.

Can’t wait for the day we have 7 on the bench.

Why wont make any difference you can only play 3....

Hope Zanatta doesnt come back to haunt us by ripping us apart in this game :)

Seriously- both teams need a result here, hopefully can kickstart our fortunes. We havent won at Palmerston in around 16 years so undoubtedly a tough task.

We need to sharpen up at the back- lost some poor goals in recent times, and clearly we will be punished tomorrow if we dont. I thought we handled Dobbie well at Palmerston last game and the boy got a hat trick.

Would be pleased to leave with a point.

12 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Why wont make any difference you can only play 3....

I think the idea is that you have cover for more than 3 positions. So you don’t end up with a ridiculous situation like having a centre back playing as a winger. Oh, wait...

4 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Hope Zanatta doesnt come back to haunt us by ripping us apart in this game :)

Seriously- both teams need a result here, hopefully can kickstart our fortunes. We havent won at Palmerston in around 16 years so undoubtedly a tough task.

We need to sharpen up at the back- lost some poor goals in recent times, and clearly we will be punished tomorrow if we dont. I thought we handled Dobbie well at Palmerston last game and the boy got a hat trick.

Would be pleased to leave with a point.

Agree with all of this. Think some people are now assuming that after two disappointing results against Falkirk and Partick that we are finished. It's another tough one but a good result here would challenge that theory and hopefully give the players something to build on. 

2 hours ago, Flash said:

I think the idea is that you have cover for more than 3 positions. So you don’t end up with a ridiculous situation like having a centre back playing as a winger. Oh, wait...

When have we done that? If you mean Doyle he is right full back/midfielder. 

3 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

I think the idea is that you have cover for more than three positions. So you don’t end up with a ridiculous situation like having a full back/midfielder playing at centre back.

4 minutes ago, Flash said:

I think the idea is that you have cover for more than three positions. So you don’t end up with a ridiculous situation like having a full back/midfielder playing at centre back.

Doyle has covered a various number of positions this season and has done better at them all compared to some so called players that can only play 1 position!! 

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Doyle has filled in well at RM but he absolutely isn't a RM.

OK he was signed as a rb but his versatility and enthusiasm for the game was a big factor, Mercer has improved this season allowing Doyle to play in other positions.. 

OK he was signed as a rb but his versatility and enthusiasm for the game was a big factor, Mercer has improved this season allowing Doyle to play in other positions.. 
I think Mercer's improvement is down to Doyle playing in front of him, giving him more cover. Ideally we would have a RB who doesn't need that extra protection but it is what it is.

I still think Flash's point was fair enough.

Archived