Queen's Park v Clyde

I thought this to be the best Clyde side since they came back down to rub shoulders at the erse end of Scottish football, but not having a decent forward other than Goodwillie certainly cost them yesterday. Edinburgh City look the best of the bunch and Peterhead have 2 strikers that can win any match. I can't see Clyde beating them over 2 legs.

Academic for us, sadly.

24 minutes ago, an86 said:

Major questions have to be asked about their stomach for the fight. Lost a late goal at Annan and again yesterday. These are games that win leagues. To think they'd be a point off the top, with a game in hand, if they'd held out in both. Was a real shame to see that both Peterhead and Edinburgh won their games as well. 

We have scored our fair share of last minute winners and equalisers too this season. Our main problem is not taking enough chances. We have enough in most games to be out of sight but fail to put the ball in the net and end up edging games, or cost us getting the 3 points 

Major questions have to be asked about their stomach for the fight. Lost a late goal at Annan and again yesterday. These are games that win leagues. To think they'd be a point off the top, with a game in hand, if they'd held out in both. Was a real shame to see that both Peterhead and Edinburgh won their games as well. 
Not sure it's bottle more a lack of experience it's a pretty young squad yes we have Rankin and DGW and maybe mcniff take them out the rest are mostly 20 to 22 who have at most 2 seasons in senior Football it's not an excuse The point about a forward to back up DGW was/ has been a problem all season looking at the squads peterhead should have this done and dusted by now I think they will eventually win the league In years gone by ( the time QP) went up the team who finished second find it a real problem to get over going into the play offs Annan are no pushovers but dont think they would have enough no idea about the team coming down I think it would be very difficult to predict who would go up . The next half dozen games will determine the league title I still haven't given up on us although it will depend so much on DGW

Thought queens park had improved a lot since broadwood looked to have plenty of energy a real dig in midfield with a few who were prepared to run with the ball and beat players the forwards looked to be your main problem

Probably the most dignified and empathetic post ever on a QPv Clyde thread.

Was wondering the last time we won there. Jesus.
As bad as our experience is at Hampden in particular is (when we used to be 2-0 after 10 minutes I remember on Tuesday nights going to the old social club playing bingo) I like playing Queen’s Park. Gives an edge to a game we don’t normally have.

14/5/16 . If anybody wishes to split hairs, I’d welcome their definition of this game as not being a “League Game”.

I thought this to be the best Clyde side since they came back down to rub shoulders at the erse end of Scottish football, but not having a decent forward other than Goodwillie certainly cost them yesterday. Edinburgh City look the best of the bunch and Peterhead have 2 strikers that can win any match. I can't see Clyde beating them over 2 legs.

Academic for us, sadly.

I wasn't that impressed with Clyde at New Year but for 25 mins yesterday the game had a real top v bottom look to it. It'll take a catastrophic reverse in form for any of the top four not to progress. The last 7-8 fixtures is when it'll thin out but on what we've seen current positions look right.

I'm looking forward to our run-in. The next few games are still tough but we've competed well in these last two games. After that we get another chance to do better against teams outside the top four. Academic on points/positions certainly, but after a squad wipe-out, change of manager and a horrendous injury list I'd be content with a winning run to the end and hopefully lead to most of the better players coming back to try again next year.

That could be the game that costs us a chance at the title. Should never have dropped points there. Positive was having Goodwillie back. Great finish for his goal and generally gives us so much more threat. 

Another Hampden let down for a very good away support. 

51 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Thought queens park had improved a lot since broadwood looked to have plenty of energy a real dig in midfield with a few who were prepared to run with the ball and beat players the forwards looked to be your main problem

I thought we were pretty poor between after the first 25 minutes and the last five, whereas I felt we had a decent enough second half in the away game. Also thought Clyde looked better than they did at Broadwood, but just didn't take their chances. 

I must confess, I made a GIRFUY gesture at the Queen’s Park fans when we scored. You had not offended me in anyway, I was just not in control of my emotions as it was mostly 9 years of pain coming out in a goal as I thought we were finally going to win at Hampden (I don’t really count the play-offs game). It was very silly of me. Sorry.

I must confess, I made a GIRFUY gesture at the Queen’s Park fans when we scored. You had not offended me in anyway, I was just not in control of my emotions as it was mostly 9 years of pain coming out in a goal as I thought we were finally going to win at Hampden (I don’t really count the play-offs game). It was very silly of me. Sorry.
Three Hail Marys and buy a pint for the next QP fan you meet and your sins will be absolved, my son.

19 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:
1 hour ago, Scott-Replay said:

Three Hail Marys and buy a pint for the next QP fan you meet and your sins will be absolved, my son.

Thank you, Father.

9 hours ago, maxruby said:

14/5/16 . If anybody wishes to split hairs, I’d welcome their definition of this game as not being a “League Game”.

That's strange. I just looked at our league results for that season. Played 36 - yup. Played Clyde 4 times (winning three and drawing 1) - yup. Oh, wait a minute. By any chance are you the only fan in Scotland who thinks that the league tables should be adjusted to include play-off results? Thought not. Next!

Moore for Hawke . Mckernan for mclaren East for Gow and Mortimer for Summers that’s the way I would go for all the away games coming up .

So you’d drop Dom McLaren MoM? Not convinced by McKernon at the back altho did a decent job to cover injuries and suspensions
Telling comparison of subs at same time as we bring on Kieran Moore who last year was playing amateur football for Lochgilphead Red Star, Clyde bring on Goodwillie
Thought Moore had a great impact though [emoji122] his first goal hopefully just a matter of time
btw who was ref yesterday? Thought he was excellent, best I’ve seen this season, let the play flow which added to the spectacle and no yellow cards

Good set of highlights. I think it probably is a foul by 4 on Banks even though he gets the ball but no more than that. Fitzpatrick's second miss in the first half is even worse than his first, not that it looked it at the time. Cuddihy gives the ball away too easily for the equaliser but Lang is badly at fault; no surprise he was outstanding again at centre half but when he finds himself doing the role of a full-back he falls asleep. Something he'll learn from no doubt.