• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
an86

Queen's Park v Clyde

We've improved in terms of performance over the last four games, albeit the riding of Berwick being all we had to show for it in terms of wins. 

All the pressure is on Clyde. We're not playing for anything other than pride, whereas they are in the heat of a promotion battle. They have to have a meaningful victory at Hampden eventually.

I note they've been struggling a wee bit for goals. Is the rapist likely to be back? Why has he been missing anyway? Injury? Sex offender rehabilitation programme? Would hope he'd miss out. He's as big a threat on the park as he is off it. 

Goodwillie fractured his arm down at Berwick at the start of January, there’s a possibility he could be back next week. 

If we play like we did at hampden the first time round we’ll get beat again. Not scoring many but not conceding many either, think it’s 2 in 8 games we’ve conceded. 

I will be disappointed if we don't get something from this game. We are playing decent football and with a couple of breaks are capable of beating anyone in this league with the exception of Edinburgh. 1-1.

Yesterday showed that we need one of Norway, Goodwillie or Love back for this. Lack of cutting edge.

Defensively, I'd go with Lang and Rumsby with Stewart coming in for McNiff.

Getting over this seemingly mental block we have at Hampden is a must if we have any title ambitions. As always, will be a tough game.

1-1.

Hoping to have one of our three strikers back for this one! 

I would like to think Lamont will start in this one, with Rumsby back in for Cogill. I was puzzled as to why he was dropped on Saturday in the first place. 

Could we finally get a performance at Hampden out of the lads? I certainly hope so.

I'd stick with the same starting 11 other than replacing Gow with Moore. We deserved a draw at Peterhead and we're getting our act together. Home win.

7out of 9 points without the best player this league will ever see is not to bad thanks mainly to our defences but still got the goals to see off Queue pee. 

Edited by clyde_r_us

How does his playing career compare to a certain Andy Robertson. 
Andy Robertson played for Queens Park?

I'm surprised no one has ever mentioned it before now.

8 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Andy Robertson played for Queens Park?

I'm surprised no one has ever mentioned it before now.

Probably because we are searching our records for rapists we can be proud of, still searching, how about you?

Going to be a long fucking week on this thread. Can’t wait to go over the same covered ground...

On the actual football, if we have at least one option returning up front, with Goody or Kris we should win. If we start with the same XI I wouldn’t be confident. We weren’t lacking in chances yesterday, but I doubt Queens Park would defend as erratically.

16 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

Going to be a long fucking week on this thread. Can’t wait to go over the same covered ground...

Agreed, QP setting the tone early. Was hoping for a decent bit of banter before the rapist patter got rolled out. 

This time next week QP will be behind Clyde by either,  21 points (14-5 at Oddschecker)

or  24 points (47-18 at Oddschecker)

or  27 points (13-15) at Oddschecker)

Now given that the "resurgent" QP are playing like Brazil and poor wee Clyde have only a junior centre-half as an entire forward line surely the bookies have called this wrong.

13 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Looks like I've passed through a time vortex and found a parallel dimension.

That would explain the bulk of your posts then :)