Queen's Park v Clyde

I do find this thread incredibly flattering.

Not only has it been reignited prematurely (Broadwood trips being the highlight of the QP season), but the utter desperation to prove to us that yous have a ‘better’ record does reek of subservience.

Will miss this when we are tanking thistle next season in league 1

missed in the sixties when we missed out on Europe because two teams from same city couldn't complete in the fairs city cup

I would look up queens park successes
but unfortunately Google didn't have Football records from the Neolithic age

Funny.

I have no gripe with Clyde FC and the decent, mature fans who love their team like I love mine. Clyde seem to have a larger than normal percentage of supporters, not fans, who are ridiculously out of touch with reality. All I've done is catalogued a few facts. It's now digitally stamped for moments of reflection in the future. Hopefully it will improve the mental wellbeing of some of your brotherhood. It's clear to all that, as in real life, this homelessness has left a deep mental scar and it's really worrying to see so many affected.

On a deeper level, so many of these poor individuals are of an age (25 and under) where they've known nothing else other than L2 football and to hide their scars they join in with rhetoric on how "great" Clyde were and will be. Out of the top tier since 1975 and even then the league positions would be in the Championship in today's money. Early 60s I think since Clyde had their highest league position.

So, like QP and many others fans have done, I sincerely hope the young men of Clyde can come to terms with reality. Who knows, maybe one day Clyde FC might ground share at the new Fourth Hampden. Now that would be a thing worth dreaming about[emoji4]

Happy Easter to you all and may your God be with you.

11 hours ago, You Only Live Twice said:

If you can’t remember then you’re even more stupid than I thought. And that’s really saying something.

The play offs chat still frustrates me to this day, but only because promotion was such a missed opportunity for us and tragically lost on a complete diddy outfit like Q Pee. They managed to squander the privilege within a couple of seasons, and I’m surprised it even took them that long frankly. A complete waste of time, you might say.

Having said that though, I feel we have progressed immeasurably since then and are in a much stronger position now for sustaining ourselves in the league above and potentially even pushing on from there, so it’s probably a good thing after all.

Q Pee on the other hand have rapidly re-acclimatised to their natural level after punching above their weight and floundering hopelessly in the process. Hopefully they will soon be confined to our memory once again, where they firmly belong.

I remember David Galt's goal and looking for a repeat next week.

Funny.

I have no gripe with Clyde FC and the decent, mature fans who love their team like I love mine. Clyde seem to have a larger than normal percentage of supporters, not fans, who are ridiculously out of touch with reality. All I've done is catalogued a few facts. It's now digitally stamped for moments of reflection in the future. Hopefully it will improve the mental wellbeing of some of your brotherhood. It's clear to all that, as in real life, this homelessness has left a deep mental scar and it's really worrying to see so many affected.

On a deeper level, so many of these poor individuals are of an age (25 and under) where they've known nothing else other than L2 football and to hide their scars they join in with rhetoric on how "great" Clyde were and will be. Out of the top tier since 1975 and even then the league positions would be in the Championship in today's money. Early 60s I think since Clyde had their highest league position.

So, like QP and many others fans have done, I sincerely hope the young men of Clyde can come to terms with reality. Who knows, maybe one day Clyde FC might ground share at the new Fourth Hampden. Now that would be a thing worth dreaming about[emoji4]

Happy Easter to you all and may your God be with you.
Clyde have played out of Broadwood since 1994. Bringing up the homeless period in the 80s and early 90s has as much relevance as Clyde fans banging on about the Scottish cup wins.

Considering QP are shortly to be turfed out their home ground it seems a strange thing to focus on. Scottish football is littered with examples of clubs that have struggled since being removed from their historical home and with the SFA wanting QP out asap there is every chance you may end up back ground sharing at Airdrie or even Broadwood.

18 hours ago, cfcuk said:

missed in the sixties when we missed out on Europe because two teams from same city couldn't complete in the fairs city cup

So glad you brought up that proud moment in your history..................when you went bleating to the organisers of the Fairs City Cup that you should be allowed to participate on the grounds that the Rutherglen boundary ran through part of Shawfield, so it now suited you not to be a Glasgow club at all but instead to take part as a team from Rutherglen. Funny how 80 years of participation in the Glasgow Cup was suddenly forgotten in a pathetic bid for glory, but very much in keeping with the tarnished image of an unprincipled club that wiil  sign players that nobody else will touch simply to avoid a league play-off, and then breaks league rules to try to secure promotion when one of those players gets injured. Guess that's the kind of thing that happens when a wee club repeatedly tries to convince itself it's a sleeping giant :lol:

So glad you brought up that proud moment in your history..................when you went bleating to the organisers of the Fairs City Cup that you should be allowed to participate on the grounds that the Rutherglen boundary ran through part of Shawfield, so it now suited you not to be a Glasgow club at all but instead to take part as a team from Rutherglen. Funny how 80 years of participation in the Glasgow Cup was suddenly forgotten in a pathetic bid for glory, but very much in keeping with the tarnished image of an unprincipled club that wiil  sign players that nobody else will touch simply to avoid a league play-off, and then breaks league rules to try to secure promotion when one of those players gets injured. Guess that's the kind of thing that happens when a wee club repeatedly tries to convince itself it's a sleeping giant [emoji38]
look on the brightside at least we could appeal to try to get into Europe [emoji16]

Clyde's permanent homes. Barrowfield, Shawfield, Broadwood

Thingmy's

Hampden 1 - had tae make way for the trains - choo choo, aff ye go

Hampden 2 - had tae make way for the now defunct Third Lanark

Hampden 3 - had tae make way for the SFA, an organisation who couldn't find their arse with both hands but still had too much for the wee hoopy shirts and played them like a grand piano

Hampden 4 - a glorified 5 a side pitch built on top of White's chromium dumping ground

Do QPTV show match highlights or is it more like an Alan Whicker travel log ?

8 minutes ago, Bulstrode said:

Why has this thread begun so quickly? Is it because these QPFC tossers are wetting their pants before facing a superior team? Before they do, let me remind them that we are not and never have been "rivals" because they are an irrelavance.

always amuses me the lengths (just read this thread!) that so many Clyde fans go to in order to demonstrate our irrelevance, completely oblivious to the irony therein

I’m in my mid thirties and I’ve never seen QP as a rival, couldn’t really care about them to be honest. 

Obviously of recent years there’s been a new rivalry of some sort, a one fucking sided one at that, but still, Thistle and Accies are rivals to me, Airdrie a lesser extent not to forget the ugly sisters, QP though, nope. We don’t mention QP in any of our songs and never will. 

Lastly, everyone hates us so join the queue QP