Queen's Park v Clyde

Bragging rights aside (are there still some Clyde fans who remember that your rivals are Thistle?) the outcome of this game won't change much for either time. The trajectory Clyde is on almost certainly assures a play-off place in the 2nd v 3rd semi but I think EC will have enough about their squad to win it. They are by far the best and most consistent team we've faced this season. QP will be content with mid-table medoicrity and by the summer look back on that as a decent season given the wipeout last summer and the injury stack we've had all season.
But Saturday should be good to watch. We've played some braw football of late only to fail with the finishing, something we've struggled with for a few years now. And if Clyde have had a light strike force and still grinding out wins then it'll be a good match-up. 
2-1 home win.
Should that have been 'team' rather than 'time'?[emoji6] I'm awake now.[emoji39]

Should be a good game our record at hampden recently has been pretty poor ( to say the least) time to rectify that particular statistic we are conceeding many at all depends on the other end of the pitch
2 0 to the Clyde

Bit disappointed the galt goal at broadwood hasn't appeared seems to be a major event in the amateurs history [emoji16]

Not sure what to expect this time around. I was extremely confident before our last trip to Hampden and that couldn't have turned out worse...

On form and ability we should be winning but that seems to go out the window when we visit QP.

We MUST win if we are going to keep up with our title aspirations. Hope the players are as up for it as the fans are!

I'll go 2-1 Clyde.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

I don't think it's possible to underestimate the importance of the next week. QP are the only members of the dross seven to beat us in the league and were the last team to beat us away, Stirling have found a bit of form and I fancy them to take points off Peterhead on Saturday, and the Edinburgh game is self explanatory. We could easily come out of that lot top of the league, or back to square one.

Defensively I think we'll be okay because Lang will probably have a bit better focus against a better side, whilst hopefully we'll not pick a crazy starting line-up like the last game with umpteen defensive midfielders and a centre half at left-back. No doubt that we'll struggle if  Syvertsen or Goodwillie aren't fit though, especially as the latter always tears a back three to pieces.

1-0 Queen's Park no doubt:bairn

I don't think it's possible to underestimate the importance of the next week. QP are the only members of the dross seven to beat us in the league and were the last team to beat us away, Stirling have found a bit of form and I fancy them to take points off Peterhead on Saturday, and the Edinburgh game is self explanatory. We could easily come out of that lot top of the league, or back to square one.
Defensively I think we'll be okay because Lang will probably have a bit better focus against a better side, whilst hopefully we'll not pick a crazy starting line-up like the last game with umpteen defensive midfielders and a centre half at left-back. No doubt that we'll struggle if  Syvertsen or Goodwillie aren't fit though, especially as the latter always tears a back three to pieces.
1-0 Queen's Park no doubt:bairn
Really is one game at time can't really look to far ahead should be a good open game would imagine QP will have a right go at us which I think will suite our game no idea who will be up front , but another week to getting DGW back and that really will feel like getting a new signing
Would bring Stewart back in but think he will stick with mcniff who didn't do anything wrong last week Lamont replaces nicoll Rankin into central midfield
Upfront who knows

4 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Bragging rights aside (are there still some Clyde fans who remember that your rivals are Thistle?) the outcome of this game won't change much for either time. The trajectory Clyde is on almost certainly assures a play-off place in the 2nd v 3rd semi but I think EC will have enough about their squad to win it. They are by far the best and most consistent team we've faced this season. QP will be content with mid-table medoicrity and by the summer look back on that as a decent season given the wipeout last summer and the injury stack we've had all season.

But Saturday should be good to watch. We've played some braw football of late only to fail with the finishing, something we've struggled with for a few years now. And if Clyde have had a light strike force and still grinding out wins then it'll be a good match-up. 

2-1 home win.

The trajectory Clyde are on is exactly the same as EC so what makes you think Clyde are certain to finish 2nd or 3rd. It is time you had a look at the top end of the table and see how tight it is.

4 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

The trajectory Clyde are on is exactly the same as EC so what makes you think Clyde are certain to finish 2nd or 3rd. It is time you had a look at the top end of the table and see how tight it is.

I wouldn't worry about his opinion. He also thinks Queen's Park sitting in 8th place counts as "mid-table".

1 hour ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

I know how tight it is. On current form you boys are on tops. From what I've seen of all the teams EC are a standout. A week on Saturday will be a better time to talk about how tight at the top it is. We'll just sit on our dunny and admire.

1 hour ago, Jaggy Snake said:

I wouldn't worry about his opinion. He also thinks Queen's Park sitting in 8th place counts as "mid-table".

He also understands that when the first part of the paragraph was relating to positions at the end of the season so too by association was the second part. I've checked the fixtures and we've still got a few games to go after Saturday.  5th, 6th and 7th all still available.

9 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

He also understands that when the first part of the paragraph was relating to positions at the end of the season so too by association was the second part. I've checked the fixtures and we've still got a few games to go after Saturday.  5th, 6th and 7th all still available.

So are 9th and 10th, but I shouldn't get my hopes up.

“Can’t see anything but a Queen’s Park win here, who are Clyde?”; Ruel Street; maws; ”Queen’s Park!” sung by Clyde fans in a mocking, high-pitched voice; “£14 to be stuck away in a corner at the national stadium ffs”; “Can’t believe Queen’s Park ended our 13 game unbeaten run” etc.

What a treat we’re in for on Saturday. I simply couldn’t have it any other way. ‘Mon the Bully. :wub:

On 18/02/2019 at 07:45, bullyweehutch said:

QPeee fans certainly take the shite patter of 2019 award already this year holy f**k.

To be fair the "Queue Pee" patter ain't much better.

Think it will be an attacking and open game on Saturday. It's just a shame we struggle to score goals unless we're playing the bottom two. 25 league goals all season with 15 against those two