Inconsistent south teams

Was at the Lochar  vs Lochmaben game today and what a difference in the Lochar team from last week, was like night and day, although being comfortable in the game they still couldn’t see it out, last week really deserved to beat Dalbeattie but this week showed their lack of game management to see out what should have been a more than comfortable win, the south league is over indulged with inconsistency, a win, lose, draw seems to be the pattern of results, I think Stranraers consistency will in the end see out the league and probably in a deserved fashion 16 out of 16 speaks for itself, Stranraer and Bonnyton have totally showed their superiority, good game at Dumfries High for the avid south supporter.

Personally I think that reason for the teams who are inconsistent is that football on a Saturday no longer takes priority anymore hence team line ups changing by 4/5 players week in week out. Gone are the days of people missing work to play. I think Stranraer are full of young lads who don't have many commitments and can get there every week. Not taking anything away from them they deserve to be where they are 

Who mentioned mr frazer ? Think folk need to take a step back from there keyboard. What's the bloke ever done to all his haters on here ? Must be a sad life racing home to ur wee computer room to slag him off every week. 

Personally I think that reason for the teams who are inconsistent is that football on a Saturday no longer takes priority anymore hence team line ups changing by 4/5 players week in week out. Gone are the days of people missing work to play. I think Stranraer are full of young lads who don't have many commitments and can get there every week. Not taking anything away from them they deserve to be where they are 

Their manager, goalkeeper and right winger all work shifts and work most weekends and the Baxter boy is at uni in Glasgow I’m sure? They’ll have plenty going on they’re just committed to the team

I know from being friends with someone in Stranraer and even times I’ve watched Stranraer when I’m down working there, there has been times when Stranraer have had 12 boys and struggled for a team some weeks due to lot of their boys working and had a second stringed team out 

1 hour ago, Marten said:

What kind of team does Stranraer generally put out in the SOSFL? Is it just a glorified youth team or is it a genuine reserve side?

Whole team is between ages of 17-24 with only buff Whorlow being older in his 30s... boys coming up from the 17s and boys who have came through their youth in past when they had 19s/20s going and coming back once reserved reformed. The group of boys vary mostly from Stranraer itself and a hand fell from newton Stewart 

Archived