Dundee vs Hibs - Friday 22/02/19 (7.45 pm KO)

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

She put the boot into us over Johnson at Celtic Park, gonnae no do it again love!

You realise that she doesn't decide on any punishment?

She simply looks at incidents highlighted to her by the officials as ones they've maybe got wrong, if theres clearly been a mistake she then passes the incident on to a panel of independent refs who decide on further punishment.

Weird how a process that involves six men and one woman, where the woman has the least decisive role, sees her get the most abuse.

I’ll say it now, if Dundee play like that they are safe. They have enough in attack to stay up, I think that will be the difference. There’s plenty to work with there. 
Mon the HiDees.

Well said brother.

Good luck rocking the top six.

Thank you.

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

She simply looks at incidents highlighted to her by the officials as ones they've maybe got wrong, if theres clearly been a mistake she then passes the incident on to a panel of independent refs who decide on further punishment.

Weird how a process that involves six men and one woman, where the woman has the least decisive role, sees her get the most abuse.

Is that what Tony McLennan (if thats his name) did as well?

I ask because the number of odd and contentious incidents passed to the panel seem to have increased this season, and the presumption is that the Compliance Officer is deciding which cases to punt up the line.

In your breakdown of the role, the CO "decides if theres been a mistake" so it is entirely relevant to give the CO abuse for a crap decision (regardless of their gender).

Frankly, the nonsense decision over Johnson at Celtic Park and bugger all else being referred has confirmed to Hibs fans that the system is farcical - and I would say that if it was a male or a female passing these incidents on.

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

Is that what Tony McLennan (if thats his name) did as well?

I ask because the number of odd and contentious incidents passed to the panel seem to have increased this season, and the presumption is that the Compliance Officer is deciding which cases to punt up the line.

In your breakdown of the role, the CO "decides if theres been a mistake" so it is entirely relevant to give the CO abuse for a crap decision (regardless of their gender).

Frankly, the nonsense decision over Johnson at Celtic Park and bugger all else being referred has confirmed to Hibs fans that the system is farcical - and I would say that if it was a male or a female passing these incidents on.

They've changed the system this season, it wasn't perfect before but now it's utterly bewildering.

11 hours ago, Green Day said:

Maybe - but thats not the point I am making, its that every little flippin incident is pored over and then the tv people have decided that McNulty and Wright need cited.

Its pish.

Fully agree with this fwiw. I don't know if it's editorial policy or not but BT seem the absolute worst for trying to manufacture "talking points". It's pretty tiresome and creates a ripple effect with the whataboutery crew.

There was an absolutely nothing incident over on the East Stand side at Fir Park last week. Naismith and Aldred at worst had a nibble at one another then both got up and got on with the game. Sutton then keeps referencing it and how "lucky" they are to stay on the park. Cue the substantial brain donor element from Ibrox furiously screenshotting the "incident" because...Morelos.

There was another BT game ages ago at Fir Park against United where they were relentlessly replaying an apparent "elbow" from Scott McDonald on a United centre half. IIRC McDonald ended up clamping Sutton in the post-match interview as he kept pressing him on it.

There's a massive difference between whether someone could have been sent off and whether they should be sent off or have an incident forensically pored over.

As for the game, as a neutral I really enjoyed it. I though Dundee looked good for the opening stages but I wasn't sure whether that was as much Dundee being good or Hibs not really settling, a bit of both probably.

Once Hibs clicked they looked smashing and could have been out of sight. They completely fell apart when McNulty went off and tried to manage the game though.

The offside goals I'd probably err with the linesman tbh as the camera angles (that I saw anyway) weren't in line they were slightly behind. I thought both were good spots.

Difficult to see Dundee not staying up though as I think Wright and Nelso probably have more goals in them than either of the bottom two.

Well done everyone.

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Fully agree with this fwiw. I don't know if it's editorial policy or not but BT seem the absolute worst for trying to manufacture "talking points". It's pretty tiresome and creates a ripple effect with the whataboutery crew.

There was a absolutely nothing incident over on the East Stand side at Fir Park last week. Naismith and Aldred at worst had a nibble at one another then both got up and got on with the game. Sutton then keeps referencing it and how "lucky" they are to stay on the park. Cue the substantial brain donor element from Ibrox furiously screenshotting the "incident" because...Morelos.

I saw that one too - yep, this is exactly the pish thats ripping my knitting right now.

Its a contact sport, players are going to tussle - thats part of football !

As a Hibs fan I find Naismith a wee scrote, as he is always nibbling away at the opposition - but if he was on my team I would love him for it, and thats one of the reasons he has had and continues to have a great career - he loves it !

To suggest that every time he squares up to someone is a sending off or requires the CO to look at it is ludicrous, but thats kinda where we are with Sutton / Craigan and the overanalysis of every incident.

I even slowed down the McNulty one this morning to "check if it was a sending off", FFS - what a loser !

Guest Moomintroll
Maybe it is the fact that she doesn't actually do her job properly but just watches Sportscene and refers whatever the OF drones and apologists are harping on about on there to the panel. This is why, up until the McGregor incident, the OF can do no wrong as those biased lickspittles would never dare to upset the brothers in bigotry or their troglodyte supporters.

12 hours ago, Zing. said:

McNulty will definitely get cited. Very similar to what McKenna got sent off for vs the ****. Shame as he’s been brilliant since he came in. 

Scott Wright also needs cited. Deliberately knees Milligan in the head.

His movement is better than any Hibs striker I can remember.

If we give him good service he’ll be a brilliant signing. Would love to get him permanently.

Missed the first half as was at a pub quiz. But in the second, it looked like Wright has lots of talent but doesn't have the balls to take a game by the scruff of the neck? Much like always. Fair assessment?

Edit: loved the sly knee to the boys head though.

I’ve seen the tv footage and I’d say defo Miller was onside for the first. That said the linesman got a few wrong in our favour in the first half. Wright definitely moved his knee to the lads head, both that and the McNulty incident need looking at but McNulty’s was as clear a red as you’ll ever see. O’Dea would be on a life support machine right now if it had been on him.
I’d much rather have O’Dea in for the General. He may be pish but at least he knows how and when to feign injury.
There's not one angle which shows any contact between Mcnulty and McGowan. BT picked up on the one angle where it looks like there might have been contact, then showed it from other angles which showed he didn't touch him. They stuck with ignoring those though.

1 hour ago, St. Jude said:

His movement is better than any Hibs striker I can remember.

If we give him good service he’ll be a brilliant signing. Would love to get him permanently.

Think we were well priced out of a permanent move. They were apparently wanting £1m for him.

18 minutes ago, Lebowski said:
13 hours ago, Fifespud said:
I’ve seen the tv footage and I’d say defo Miller was onside for the first. That said the linesman got a few wrong in our favour in the first half. Wright definitely moved his knee to the lads head, both that and the McNulty incident need looking at but McNulty’s was as clear a red as you’ll ever see. O’Dea would be on a life support machine right now if it had been on him.
I’d much rather have O’Dea in for the General. He may be pish but at least he knows how and when to feign injury.

There's not one angle which shows any contact between Mcnulty and McGowan. BT picked up on the one angle where it looks like there might have been contact, then showed it from other angles which showed he didn't touch him. They stuck with ignoring those though.

McGowan also doesn’t hold his face whatsoever. Surely if you’ve taken a boot to the face you react in some manner? Or he’s just a dafty and didn’t make the most of it.

McGowan also doesn’t hold his face whatsoever. Surely if you’ve taken a boot to the face you react in some manner? Or he’s just a dafty and didn’t make the most of it.
Aye, even if there's a glancing blow your instinct is to check with your hands. He didn't. His only reaction to the incident was checking that the ref was only booking him for the rugby tackle.

1 hour ago, St. Jude said:

(McNulty) His movement is better than any Hibs striker I can remember.

Well that's annoying - he was SC's first choice to replace Greg Stewart according to reports at the time. Was sincerely hopinghe'd be a dud.

There was another BT game ages ago at Fir Park against United where they were relentlessly replaying an apparent "elbow" from Scott McDonald on a United centre half. IIRC McDonald ended up clamping Sutton in the post-match interview as he kept pressing him on it.

That must have been fucking years ago. Was it in black and white?

Aye, even if there's a glancing blow your instinct is to check with your hands. He didn't. His only reaction to the incident was checking that the ref was only booking him for the rugby tackle.

I’d think just trying to boot someone in the head is enough. Whether you missed or made little contact is irrelevant.

Archived