Dennys - any good?

Newbornbairn

I've never understood people that get excited about American or Canadian chain restaurants coming to the UK. It's like wetherspoons, once you've seen one, you've seen them all. Give a local business your money.

2 hours ago, philpy said:

I've never understood people that get excited about American or Canadian chain restaurants coming to the UK. It's like wetherspoons, once you've seen one, you've seen them all. Give a local business your money.

This is a country where folk queue for hours to get an average, vastly overpriced donut when you can fire down any local bakery and get a superior one for a fraction of the price with little to no queue 

This is a country where folk queue for hours to get an average, vastly overpriced donut when you can fire down any local bakery and get a superior one for a fraction of the price with little to no queue 

They can pretend that for a brief moment that they’re no longer in the soul crushing surroundings of Renfrew.

I spent a night in chokey in Burlingame, CA 20-odd years ago when a 'cop' failed to realise that me calling him a, 'short-arsed, boorish c**t' was an expression of affection.  When I sobered up was released at about 06.30 I walked across the road to Denny's for b'fast before getting a taxi back to the hotel.  The gaol was nicer.  Avoid.

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I spent a night in chokey in Burlingame, CA 20-odd years ago when a 'cop' failed to realise that me calling him a, 'short-arsed, boorish c**t' was an expression of affection.  When I sobered up was released at about 06.30 I walked across the road to Denny's for b'fast before getting a taxi back to the hotel.  The gaol was nicer.  Avoid.

Oh you cheeky abusive drunk, whatcha like? 

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Dennys is a place that should be a stop off on some long American freeway - with the opportunity to pour A1 steak sauce over your order.

They have one in Glasgow now? That’s wrong.

Except even A1 steak sauce can't put any flavour into grits in an American breakfast 

Archived