The Fallout

Redondo

So with the Colville Park bombshell being dropped this week, what will be the future for CP, the CSAFL and the amateur game in the whole?

Where do Colville go from here, there is no doubt Mick has been the main reason for there success over recent years and with him he takes his management team and no doubt some players. The belief is that all they players are there because of Mick and the way he sold the Club and its ambitions. How many will move on either with him/retire or go to another club now?  Who if anyone is in the running for the job, definetely a great opportunity for someone and I wouldnt like to think there would be any consideration to pull the plug because Mick is leaving?? 

CP have dominated the CSAFL Premier League for the last few seasons but there is sure to be a transitional period now for them over the next few seasons and who can step up and be the dominant force now, St Pats , Harestanes , Eastfield & Bannockburn will all fancy carrying the baton now.  Its not to say a new manager doesnt come in and CP continue to be the team to beat. An interesting future ahead for the league and with Oban Saints coming into it next year there are loads of positives.

The big Cups are allways dominated by the mention of CP and they usually start as manys Favs , that will surely go now and for me this is where it really gets interesting. The new Darvel gaffer seems certain to tap into his amateur connections and try draw some of the big players away from the big teams. If he does these teams become weaker which in turn pulls everyone that bit closer together. These big cups then become wide open for anyone to go and win which is great for the amateur game.

There will defo be a few teams glad to hear the announcement yesterday for different reasons.  Myself, I wish Mick all the best for the rest of season and his new venture next season. 

The amateur game moves on though and next season is sure to be one where we see a changing of the guard.

7 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

Think the question that needs to be asked is why did he leave now? Can't hault progress and with that being said i wish him the very best.

Is he not staying till the end of the season?? Sure I read that somewhere one thing for sure he will be missed in the amateur set up for sure 

I'm sure I saw somewhere he was staying until the season ends. Fucking hope so, there's still some business to take care of. 

Wish them all the best for the future, great bunch of guys, very welcoming and friendly. I'm sure they'll be a success. 

Who's next for hot seat, will there be one? I'm hoping for a bit of continuity and maybe an older player would fancy the job. If there is a job. 

Mon the Colville. 

11 minutes ago, wishyman said:

I'm sure I saw somewhere he was staying until the season ends. Fucking hope so, there's still some business to take care of. 

Wish them all the best for the future, great bunch of guys, very welcoming and friendly. I'm sure they'll be a success. 

Who's next for hot seat, will there be one? I'm hoping for a bit of continuity and maybe an older player would fancy the job. If there is a job. 

Mon the Colville. 

Tam Morgan..former Colville player currently cutting his managerial teeth at Caley premier side Dalziel. :)

31 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

Tam Morgan..former Colville player currently cutting his managerial teeth at Caley premier side Dalziel. :)

As always Tommy I bow to your superior knowledge, be a shout for sure. Seen them a few times, they looked a hardworking non flashy side. 

The time alone running a team must be lifestyle changing. Credit to all the guys who do it for hee haw. 

Hopefully a decent watch today and a big push from the lads until end of season to sign off in style. 

Mon the Tommy. 

Mon the Colville. 
Yeah read he was staying until the end of the season i was meaning after all these years?? Go out with a bang and win the Scottish. Dont know him from adam but seems like a decent bloke.

28 minutes ago, NewBallsPlease said:

Rab Patterson, CSAFL select manager and former Southside gaffer, in with a shout of taking over at Colville?

This is the name i was expecting to be linked with the job. By all accounts a very good coach and good guys aswell. Could probly draw players aswell so hes got to be a candidate, whether hes interested is another question.

Colville Park were a club before Mick so I would be shocked if they folded. Time will tell i suppose but it would tell its own story if they did. 

23 hours ago, Redondo said:

So with the Colville Park bombshell being dropped this week, what will be the future for CP, the CSAFL and the amateur game in the whole?

Where do Colville go from here, there is no doubt Mick has been the main reason for there success over recent years and with him he takes his management team and no doubt some players. The belief is that all they players are there because of Mick and the way he sold the Club and its ambitions. How many will move on either with him/retire or go to another club now?  Who if anyone is in the running for the job, definetely a great opportunity for someone and I wouldnt like to think there would be any consideration to pull the plug because Mick is leaving?? 

CP have dominated the CSAFL Premier League for the last few seasons but there is sure to be a transitional period now for them over the next few seasons and who can step up and be the dominant force now, St Pats , Harestanes , Eastfield & Bannockburn will all fancy carrying the baton now.  Its not to say a new manager doesnt come in and CP continue to be the team to beat. An interesting future ahead for the league and with Oban Saints coming into it next year there are loads of positives.

The big Cups are allways dominated by the mention of CP and they usually start as manys Favs , that will surely go now and for me this is where it really gets interesting. The new Darvel gaffer seems certain to tap into his amateur connections and try draw some of the big players away from the big teams. If he does these teams become weaker which in turn pulls everyone that bit closer together. These big cups then become wide open for anyone to go and win which is great for the amateur game.

There will defo be a few teams glad to hear the announcement yesterday for different reasons.  Myself, I wish Mick all the best for the rest of season and his new venture next season. 

The amateur game moves on though and next season is sure to be one where we see a changing of the guard.

2 hours ago, Stucafu said:

Tattie could also be someone who will be linked with it and be interested in it.

im sure Colville will be just fine. Would be good to see them back playing at CP also.

Tattie Craigneuk gafferI believe m8?

On 15/02/2019 at 23:40, Redondo said:

Didn't even read all that mick this mick that he goes we're the dough is tarmac sponsor DARVEL lol brutal 

comiteee wanted rid mick for while they can get another in spend money he has and least they do he has

Guest joe hunter
On 16/02/2019 at 07:58, Fraz_1311 said:

Is he not staying till the end of the season?? Sure I read that somewhere one thing for sure he will be missed in the amateur set up for sure 

"Missed". hahahahahaha like a hole in the heed

6 hours ago, Deepinthejungle said:

Didn't even read all that mick this mick that he goes we're the dough is tarmac sponsor DARVEL lol brutal 

comiteee wanted rid mick for while they can get another in spend money he has and least they do he has

Tarmac have nothing to do with Darvel, neither does Wullie Hamilton.

9 hours ago, Deepinthejungle said:

The new colville manAger is already sorted 

FACT

comittee ain't at biggest am club Scotland for nothing 

wink 

I would argue that they are in no way the biggest amateur club in scotland. They are over recent years the most successful but I am not sure what makes them the biggest. Plenty clubs out there with bigger infrastructure and pathway football with sfa quality marks. We will see how they cope with the loss of mick and potentially a lot of players. A lot of the guys playing just now was down to the manager and they will all have offers to go back and play closer to home with other mates etc or step up to junior.  Interesting summer ahead.

On 17/02/2019 at 07:57, Stucafu said:

Tattie could also be someone who will be linked with it and be interested in it.

im sure Colville will be just fine. Would be good to see them back playing at CP also.

Don’t think that will ever happen as long as mr cairns is there

Archived