NY Times Dialect Quiz

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, mine is definitely quite rural.

Surprised at the north of Scotland influence to my map - I’ve got no particular connections to that area, and wouldn’t have said that my accent sounds like ones from up there.

Also no discernible Weegie influence, despite living in Glasgow for pretty much all my adult life. I take that as a positive.

05D1DBD3-ED46-4331-B7FF-87B83C1288B6.jpeg

image.png.0bbbd6f49499354f9e640c0bc385e785.png

predictable enough. If you do it  on laptop rather than phone it gives you an answer by answer breakdown as you go, I can't get my head round how food and good don't rhyme and I've tried saying it in every English accent I can badly muster

Dze_I5VX0AANWfX.png:large

Cant get a picture up but mostly east Scotland.... glad to see Canadas not affected me too much.
Bit disappointed that there was no chippy / chipper option.... would gladly have added to the notes that's theres no such thing as a chipper.

8 hours ago, Adamski said:

Well, mine is definitely quite rural.

Surprised at the north of Scotland influence to my map - I’ve got no particular connections to that area, and wouldn’t have said that my accent sounds like ones from up there.

Also no discernible Weegie influence, despite living in Glasgow for pretty much all my adult life. I take that as a positive.

It's more to do with the words you use, rather than the way you say them, I think. I've lived here for 45 years and people can still detect my Scottish burr. See the source image

(To save anybody the bother...)

Archived