Football Index

Adam

Does anyone use this?  The premise is that you buy and sell shares of footballers, the better they perform, the higher their share price rises.  A colleague of mine has made a pretty decent return in about six months of using this, so I signed up this morning.  Put £50 in and bought some shares in Joao Fleix, Moussa Dembele and Leonardo Spinazzola.  

Apparently the shares of each player will be quartered in a months' time, giving you four times as many shares, at a quarter of the current share price.  

If you know your footballers and any promising talent coming through, it seems like a decent way to make a bit of money.

• 1 month later...

Share split happened today, meaning that if you had 10 shares in one player last night, you have thirty of him this afternoon, at a third of the price.  It was done to make the shares of the top players more affordable, as Neymar was over £24 a share last night, meaning he was £8 when the market opened back up at 12 pm today.  I was fortunate enough to buy five shares in him last week when he was just over £20 a share, so have made a decent profit on him.

Got quite a large portfolio now, consisting of Joao Felix and Insigne at Napoli (heavily linked with Liverpool and has eight games coming up in April, as well as Napoli still being in the EL, facing an English side too, so plenty of exposure and publicity for him).  

One of my colleagues will probably stand to make over £1000 today if Jaydon Sancho and Neymar's price continues to rise.  Incredible!

Heard Jim White talking about this on the radio today. He was saying that according to the latest statistics, Virgil Van Dyke is rated the best player in the world just now, ahead of Messi. He said that there has been over 100 million quid paid out so far this season.

Archived