Motherwell V Heart of Midlothian

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Not sure where to rate it in my collection of Hearts keeper clangers, probably ahead of Henry Smith cup semi final errors but behind big Gilles Scottish Cup Final goal.

Think this is the first mistake by Doyle that's actually cost us, and he kept us level earlier in the game -  it was a fucking howler, though.  :lol:

I have other reasons for quite liking Doyle, so I wouldn't be dropping him at this point, but we should probably be looking for a better first-choice keeper in the summer. 

Very entertaining with Hearts a notch above anyone we have played recently, very streetwise, physical, and pretty direct at times mixed with some obvious quality. My god though as it was earlier in the season some of their big guys go down like a sack of spuds at the slightest contact, 17 stone and falling over if the wind changes direction is pretty funny at times. Credit to Robinson though, we’re  a hell of a lot better to watch these days and the young players are really making a difference, within 12 months 7 of the outfield players could have come through the academy. Can’t think of another club in Scotland who have done that. Obviously a pretty even game that could have gone either way before the comical free kick at the end, and yes the red was nailed on in this day and age, you can’t dive in like that with both feet off the ground and expect anything less.

59 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

It appears to be just the one charmer, to be fair, and I've absolutely no idea what colour the sky is on his planet.

Tbf I also saw some banger on twitter screaming about all Hearts fans being scum. Now whilst his premise isn't entirely without merit, I wondered if there was a reason for the outrage.

pond.png

21 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Tbf I also saw some banger on twitter screaming about all Hearts fans being scum. Now whilst his premise isn't entirely without merit, I wondered if there was a reason for the outrage.

pond.png

Because of the utterly shite state of affairs that separately, two 'Well fans took their own lives in the past days, there were two tributes during the match. During the second one, the staunch squad started singing Hearts songs.

You either take the charitable view that the 2nd one took them by surprise as it's pretty unusual (as is doing the Hauns/Thunderclap thing for that purpose) - or you take the view that they were at it. Most of the East Stand took the latter view and some seethe ensued...

35 minutes ago, Swello said:

Because of the utterly shite state of affairs that separately, two 'Well fans took their own lives in the past days, there were two tributes during the match. During the second one, the staunch squad started singing Hearts songs.

You either take the charitable view that the 2nd one took them by surprise as it's pretty unusual (as is doing the Hauns/Thunderclap thing for that purpose) - or you take the view that they were at it. Most of the East Stand took the latter view and some seethe ensued...

Hopefully it was simply a lack of understanding. 

Thoroughly enjoyed that game.  I knew we'd be tested in this one, and thankfully we've passed another one (thanks Colin!)

To be honest, I thought a draw was a fair result.  Despite Motherwell having more chances in the second half, I felt Hearts had more possession and used the ball better, and even had the best chance through Naismith.  As someone earlier, Naismith is an absolute thundercunt of a player, but by f**k I'd love to have him in my team!

Turnbull excellent again, Hastie was in and out of the game (but when he was in the game he was superb!).  Campbell was just standard Campbell and brilliant from Grimshaw to go on that run in the 92nd minute to earn the free kick. 

For Hearts, I really enjoyed watching big Uche.  Certainly a handful, and made it difficult for Aldred & Dunne.  Main struggled with him at set pieces, but I'm not having the free-kick/penalty shout in the first half.  He doesn't help himself if he's that size and falling over when a hand goes on his shoulder. 

I thought that was just a really, really entertaining game of football to watch. Just another example of Hastie & Turnbull being match winners.

How anyone can say that wasn't a red card is really beyond me. He's jumped over the ball and eventually wins it with his arse. An absolutely nailed on red.

Archived