Motherwell V Heart of Midlothian

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, so now the dust has settled, is this the state of play - Motherwell, deservedly move above Hibs into 7th - well done lads, excellent fitba recently.

Hibs fans are "heids gone" about this situation.................

Montylaugh.png.475fdc10ef36a7467503111267057f4c.png

Hearts fans are not in the slightest bit bothered?

what.png.28b771af19b3e02800bc08104bf7fd95.png

Craig Levein is still no closer to winning a trophy as a player and a manager (over 600 matches managed) but did win the "poop your pants" award in Dundee on that "fateful" day?

jambogreet.jpeg.79288af47aea8b577147c72d1aa3d042.jpeg

Have I missed anything????

OK, so now the dust has settled, is this the state of play - Motherwell, deservedly move above Hibs into 7th - well done lads, excellent fitba recently.

Hibs fans are "heids gone" about this situation.................
Montylaugh.png.475fdc10ef36a7467503111267057f4c.png
Hearts fans are not in the slightest bit bothered?
what.png.28b771af19b3e02800bc08104bf7fd95.png

Craig Levein is still no closer to winning a trophy as a player and a manager (over 600 matches managed) but did win the "poop your pants" award in Dundee on that "fateful" day?
jambogreet.jpeg.79288af47aea8b577147c72d1aa3d042.jpeg
Have I missed anything????

Well yes, Craig Levein did not play in THAT game.

Proper game today - no holding back and plenty of seethe which is better than the standard early kickoff on a Sunday. A point would have been fine but to get a comedy winner at the end was fucking magnificent TBH.

The opening goal was almost regulation for us these days - i'm sure it won't be long until Hastie is being stopped at all costs when he tries to turn inside. The equaliser was a bit scrappy - but to be fair it did look like a nice finish. Naismith is the type of player that you'd love in your team (and he was the only player that raised Hearts above the mediocre today) but when he's not, he's basically a c**t (but the game needs c***s, so I've got no problem with it).

The red card was one of those where the speed it happened at - and the fact that Grimshaw pulls out of nothing - made it look bad and at the game, I thought it was a red - I'll admit I was wrong once I see it on TV.

I think Robinson deserves a lot of credit as he didn't change the team to combat the fact that Hearts are a good bit better than the dross of the league that we've been beating on our good run - and it meant that we rode our luck a few times - but we also created a decent number of chances and passed the ball well in the first half, which is the main point. We aren't going to get relegated and top six is still a very long shot - so I'd be quite happy if we perserved with the current approach for the rest of the season (even next Sunday).

Being a couple of points off St Johnstone in 6th place would have been seen as a hilariously unrealistic a few weeks back, so it'll be fun to see how we match up against them and Hibs over the next run of fixtures.....

Really enjoyed that today, the heady mix of jubilation and hilarity at the winner made for a superb bounce. 

A really good blend to the team just now with a no nonsense backline, a balanced midfield with both grit and guile, and the free scoring Hastie banging in worldies. 

Love watching Grimshaw launching (fairly) into every challenge with absolutely no fucks given. Was neither here nor there on him earlier in the season, but definitely worth another deal 

Don't think we deserved to lose that, and for the last 20 minutes I thought we were the more likely.  But if you don't take your chances and chuck one in like that there's not much you can do.  Was pleasantly surprised we actually tried to win it rather than try to hit on the counter and Levein's subs were positive.

Really enjoyed it as a game though, sickener aside.  Don't think the red was justified but we won't be appealing based on Levein's comments.  Only bright side for us is that we never really lost much ground on anyone around us.

Well that was enjoyable.

We completed well against one of the better sides in the League today and more than matched them before getting our rub of the green at the death, something which is delicious when it goes your way.

Our turn of form over the last month has been unbelievable.

Archived