The Bethnal Green Schoolgirls

ICTJohnboy

7 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

I haven't read a solitary piece in any of the rags about this so this isnt a trolling question - a lot of people are saying she is unremorseful - has she been properly quoted as holding this position?

She seems very honest to me. It would make sense for her to say how regretful she was and how she had no idea how horrible IS were until she got there, but she just says how it was.

https://news.sky.com/story/is-bride-shamima-begum-gives-birth-in-syria-11640060

She seems very honest to me. It would make sense for her to say how regretful she was and how she had no idea how horrible IS were until she got there, but she just says how it was.
Fair do's. At the risk of outing myself as a wet lefty drip, I hadn't even taken the time to check if what she was saying was being distorted for maximum capitalisation on the current climate of the country, or whether it was indeed straight down the middle.

3 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:
10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Fair do's. At the risk of outing myself as a wet lefty drip, I hadn't even taken the time to check if what she was saying was being distorted for maximum capitalisation on the current climate of the country, or whether it was indeed straight down the middle.

She sounds very naive about the climate of opinion back home. She's probably been continually told she'll be thought of as a heroine.

She sounds very naive about the climate of opinion back home. She's probably been continually told she'll be thought of as a heroine.
It's quite the challenge trying to wrap your head around how you can be conditioned to witness beheadings and what not, and not be able to shrug your shoulders hard enough over it.

It's quite the challenge trying to wrap your head around how you can be conditioned to witness beheadings and what not, and not be able to shrug your shoulders hard enough over it.

There’s enough people over here who seem desperate for capital punishment to be reintroduced. Remember the outcry over that soldier being imprisoned for executing a surrendering combatant as well.

5 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:
10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I suppose seeing the results of continual bombing could make you immune to the horror after a while, but she claims not to have seen any executions live, just a severed head afterwards, which didn't bother her. Under Islamic law she probably had to stay indoors most of the time, especially when hubby was away fighting, so it's believable I think.

She's just given an interview to SkyNews and has confirmed she has no regrets sbout joining Isis, and that she was comfortable with the beheadings of innocent civilians, journalists, taxi drivers, etc. She was obviously quite happy with the actions of so called Jihadi John who was responsible for several of these brutal attrocities.
Do you really think she should be repatriated back into the UK even if she was to be dealt with by the British judiciary?
She would probably end up with community service.
I've not seen this interview but sounds like it's not going to help her cause.

Think her return travel should be paid for by the family. Not sure any airline will take her though would they?

Still dont know enough about the grooming but sounds like a jail job to me as if that's the attitude then surely she has to be a danger to others?

A revealing thing in the interview was her saying the best thing about going to Syria was getting off with a hot Dutch lad, something she said would have never happened if she'd stayed at home. Maybe if she'd got obsessed about a boy band  at 15 instead of jihadists it might all have turned out differently.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

As she's 19, and has just given birth to her 3rd child, it looks to me like about the only thing she's been told is to 

lie back, don't say anything intelligent,  and be ****ed.   

Edited by beefybake

The safety of the new born child should be the over whelming concern for the British (or its constituent nations) people and  government right now. 

Our little poisonous friend and her views should be on the back burner until that child is safe. 

I'm struggling to see why we can't just bring her back to the UK, get the baby to safety and then lock her up and throw away the key?

And that will fall on our shoulders, the taxpayer. The political repercussions will be significant as well, the hard right will go wild and there will be many on the left who aren’t impressed either. If this episode has shown us one thing it’s that it is possible for the hard right and left to actually agree on something - which is getting her straight to f**k.

She hasn’t shown any remorse in the interview and she hasn’t had a bad thing to say about ISIS. If she doesn’t like it she can start a new life in another country that will take her. People are saying “what about the baby?” I’m sorry, but we shouldn’t have to feel responsible for her child just because she’s a UK citizen. There’s folk in this country living off food banks, the child of a terrorist wannabe is the least of our problems.

She’s more hassle than it’s worth. Her passport should be cancelled and her entry to the UK denied.

It's extremely likely that loads of such cases have already happened but just weren't in the news.

Surely we rely on the law here, which will most likely see her jailed for some time?

17 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

And that will fall on our shoulders, the taxpayer. The political repercussions will be significant as well, the hard right will go wild and there will be many on the left who aren’t impressed either. If this episode has shown us one thing it’s that it is possible for the hard right and left to actually agree on something - which is getting her straight to f**k.

She hasn’t shown any remorse in the interview and she hasn’t had a bad thing to say about ISIS. If she doesn’t like it she can start a new life in another country that will take her. People are saying “what about the baby?” I’m sorry, but we shouldn’t have to feel responsible for her child just because she’s a UK citizen. There’s folk in this country living off food banks, the child of a terrorist wannabe is the least of our problems.

She’s more hassle than it’s worth. Her passport should be cancelled and her entry to the UK denied.

This shit is horribly callous in regards to the baby. The child is absolutely innocent.

Have a fucking word with yourself. Show some fucking humanity.

Not sure being dismissive of viewpoints like the above is helpful in this particular scenario.

That lassie has aligned herself with some horrific shit. Islamic terrorism has (thanks to its own propaganda and brutality) manifested itself as the absolute bogeyman of the average citizen of Western Europe and America.

Gammons shouting the usual "BEHEAD HER AND BURY HE WAE THE PIGS" type shite is obviously ridiculous, but its absolutely reasonable for folk to be reviled by this lassie, and silly to say otherwise.

Not sure being dismissive of viewpoints like the above is helpful in this particular scenario.

That lassie has aligned herself with some horrific shit. Islamic terrorism has (thanks to its own propaganda and brutality) manifested itself as the absolute bogeyman of the average citizen of Western Europe and America.

Gammons shouting the usual "BEHEAD HER AND BURY HE WAE THE PIGS" type shite is obviously ridiculous, but its absolutely reasonable for folk to be reviled by this lassie, and silly to say otherwise.

It’s not about the revulsion felt for the lassie it’s the “WHAT ABOUT OUR POOR KIDS?!?” type shit. We owe a duty of care to this child regardless of what their ma did just as much as we do to any other British kid. If I was being uncharitable I’d say it’s because the kid is brown that folk think he should suffer for its ma’s beliefs but I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Aamer Anwar was speaking a lot of sense on Sky News just there. Kids are dying in the camp she’s in from malnutrition, there’s no chance she won’t return here and either avoid prison or be heavily monitored for the rest of her life, and it’s apparent that child protection services will be on the case the minute she steps off a plane.