The Bethnal Green Schoolgirls

ICTJohnboy

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

#BREXIT

Quite the opposite - I am completely pro-EU!  I am simply against these murderous psychopaths getting any form of grace or dignity from us.  No good can come from her being allowed back to the UK and becoming some kind of martyr in our prison system.  Leave her in her vanishing caliphate. She can do no harm to us there. 

Edited by AberdeenHibee

This.

Pretty apparent given the whole leaving, marrying a fighter and repeated child births that she was pretty committed to remaining there and didnt intend to come back anyway.

I highly doubt availability of a 4 bedroom council house, 50k in benefits and provision of a 50" plasma (standard currency in gammon minds) upon her return was factored into her decision.

I fimd it bizarre that the people arguing against her return see it as a binary choice between leaving her to rot over there, or her getting the life of Riley back here.

If she comes back here, shes coming back to face prosecution.
What can she be prosecuted with? Genuine question?

I dont know, but if you think the combination of Police and security services wont find something under the terrorism act then I dont know what to tell you.
She left when she was 15, said she was a housewife over there saw a severed head and was fine with it, she felt Manchester was justified... Obviously an abhorrent individual but can't see anything there that would result in an arrest, charge and prosecution?

She left when she was 15, said she was a housewife over there saw a severed head and was fine with it, she felt Manchester was justified... Obviously an abhorrent individual but can't see anything there that would result in an arrest, charge and prosecution? 
I am not saying I know. I am saying I would bet they will find something.

7 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

That's the difficulty the UK Home Office has. If she was trying to recruit her school friends on Facebook or whatever that would probably be enough to send her to jail, but it sounds like she just went out there and married a Dutch fighter/terrorist, and stayed at home when the bombs allowed. There are ways of forcing her to undergo de-radicalisation treatment and having to sign a form at a police station every day etc, but thought crimes aren't yet a thing in UK law.

"Why am I paying x thousand a year to keep her in Carstairs when my special needs child can't get support" and multitudinous riffs on that in the home secretary's inbox.

I’m just thinking of some kind of fudge to get her off the streets if she hasn’t committed an actual crime and can’t be kept out the country altogether. My solution would be to frame her lack of remorse as a mental health issue and put her in a unit.

9 hours ago, ali_91 said:

You can’t just be a member of IS and not have committed a crime. She’s (ahem, allegedly) guilty of being a member of a proscribed terrorist organisation at the very least. I’m sure they could trump up some extra charges on top of that. 

ETA: Just checked this, and you can get up to 10 years for being a member of such a group. 

She wasn't a member of IS. She just lived there.

Are you a member of the UK?

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

I’m just thinking of some kind of fudge to get her off the streets if she hasn’t committed an actual crime and can’t be kept out the country altogether. My solution would be to frame her lack of remorse as a mental health issue and put her in a unit.

You really should move to a country with a more totalitarian approach; it would probably suit you better.

18 hours ago, ali_91 said:

You can’t just be a member of IS and not have committed a crime. She’s (ahem, allegedly) guilty of being a member of a proscribed terrorist organisation at the very least. I’m sure they could trump up some extra charges on top of that. 

ETA: Just checked this, and you can get up to 10 years for being a member of such a group. 

I've heard her say something along the lines of being in ISIS. Made me wonder if you had to fill a form in or be nominated. What records did ISIS keep?

9 hours ago, Donathan said:

I can't think of a single problem arising from setting this precedent. All we'd need is complicit, morally corrupt mental health professionals to sign the papers and Bob's your uncle.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've heard her say something along the lines of being in ISIS. Made me wonder if you had to fill a form in or be nominated. What records did ISIS keep?

I remember reading an application form for Council jobs in Mosul when IS were in charge. It was mainly your standard job application you would get here, but there was a question about your attitude to martyrdom. Like the Nazis I think they appreciate the value of decent records and paperwork. Probably too late for you if you're after a career change. 

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I remember reading an application form for Council jobs in Mosul when IS were in charge. It was mainly your standard job application you would get here, but there was a question about your attitude to martyrdom. Like the Nazis I think they appreciate the value of decent records and paperwork. Probably too late for you if you're after a career change. 

If she was a Nazi she would get rehabbed no bother and a job running the Bundesbank or working for NASA.