The Bethnal Green Schoolgirls

ICTJohnboy

I see [mention=32985]dorlomin[/mention] has red dotted this. I was just pointing out that a 15 year old wouldn't have to be an idiot to be indoctrinated by Daesh propaganda.

This.

It's very very subtle brainwashing.

If I think back to myself as a 15 year old I don't think I had anything like the life experience to deal with such manipulation.

It's also almost certain that she hasn't had been subject to any counter-indoctrination - why would she show remorse if she doesn't know any better.

Just read about probably IS's last surviving hostage, John Cantlie. Doesn't sound the brightest though, he was kidnapped and rescued once, then kidnapped again when he went back to make a film about the first kidnapping. Hopefully he's lucky? again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Cantlie

6 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

She’s our citizen, she’s our responsibility. Why on Earth should some other country have to punish her or let her live in their country? Quite ironic when the ‘send them home,’ brigade don’t like it when the shoe is on the other foot. British imperialism at its finest. 

That’s of course ignoring the fact she was only 15, brainwashed and groomed. Let her come back, if she’s found guilty of being linked to a proscribed terrorist group or some other charge then punish her under our laws, like any civilised country should. 

Good luck with that.

7 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

She’s our citizen, she’s our responsibility. Why on Earth should some other country have to punish her or let her live in their country? Quite ironic when the ‘send them home,’ brigade don’t like it when the shoe is on the other foot. British imperialism at its finest. 

That’s of course ignoring the fact she was only 15, brainwashed and groomed. Let her come back, if she’s found guilty of being linked to a proscribed terrorist group or some other charge then punish her under our laws, like any civilised country should. 

That's as maybe, but the fact she has no regrets as to the action she took, is good enough for me to suggest that she should not be allowed back into the UK.