The Bethnal Green Schoolgirls

ICTJohnboy

7 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

She was 15. Not legally able to drink alcohol, buy fags, have sex, get married, vote, drive, leave school, do the lottery,buy premium bonds, rent or buy an 18 movie or game.

But because she made this decision hell mend her?

Ok then.

She is 19 now, so has to deal with the consequences of her actions if she comes back.

Funny how supporters of genocidal jihad get the full tear stained works about videos and indoctrination while other groups get "Parenting?" As I said you are desperate to find excuses for her in a way that you do not try to for others. It shows a subconscious bias towards supporters of violent jihad. You feel they have a justification.

I'd have thought it pretty obvious that that was not what welshbairn was doing, but carry on swinging that ridiculous equivalence cat around your tiny brain room.

3 hours ago, dorlomin said:

She was not caught shop lifting in Benidorm, she is an active supporter of a genocidal orginisation whose stated aim is to become a global empire that seeks to impose one very narrow vision of Islam on all humanity by violence and mass murder. She was and seems to be still is a supporter of an organisation that enslaved (with chains round the neck) people it captured who were not the correct kind of Muslim. Its fighters were given these slaves as house servants and allowed to rape as a reward for being murderous thugs, these were often children of around 13 years old. She has not expressed any remorse of regret at the actions of these fucking scum. She openly states she was unfazed by seeing the remains of beheaded people in dustbins.

She has a legal right to return to the UK but get a grip of the kind of person she is. She actively travelled thousands of miles to f**k genocidal fruitcakes for Allah. In her own words she was keen to find some fighter she had never met (though preferably English speaking) and get with the making new soldiers for God.

There would be far more outrage on this forum at a 19 year old male shouting sectarian, racists or homophobic slogans at a football match than many are showing towards her views.

Bang on the money with that post, it sounds absolutely ridiculous when you think about it, but sadly in this country the coverage of childish trivialities has overtaken serious crime (including murder) as priorities, so maybe we shouldn't be surprised at the reactions or views of some..........

14 hours ago, Cerberus said:

It sounds like she spent her entire time in Syria hiding in a cave, getting raped, having miscarriages and watching people get their head cuts off.

Sounds like a quiet night in with WTM and You Tube.

She was a child when she went, albeit a bit extreme, but who wants to be held responsible for the shite you came up with at that age forever.

30 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

I'd have thought it pretty obvious that that was not what welshbairn was doing, but carry on swinging that ridiculous equivalence cat around your tiny brain room.

The thing about IS indoctrination techniques is they're not remotely shy about it, it's plastered all over the internet. How people end with far right and/or sectarian ideas is far more complex, multi causal and probably impossible to define for more than for one individual at a time. No doubt some sociologist has come up with a trite explanation though.

Edited by welshbairn

14 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Imagine if it was a guy with his small child whose mother had died. Would he get back in?

If he's willing to risk jail time, same as her. The only British passport holders who can't get back in are people with dual citizenship, then the UK has the power to revoke their British citizenship.

Compare the handwringing to understand this 19 year old woman and her horrific views with the comedy mocking of Dylan Roof, the unhinged murderer of a number of black people in a church.

No one was weeping that he was indoctrinated as a youth, yet he was. The far right is every bit as good\bad at it as the Takfriri Islamists.

She is a 19 year old woman who supports an organisation that is committed to genocide, slavery and the imposition of its religion by brutal force. She is unrepentant. The difference in tone from parts of the left (though thank god not all of it) between white racists and Islamists, between condemnation without question (good) and the constant whatabboutary and deflection to "but America" type shit.

Notice some commentators have not even been able to bring themselves to explicitly condemn her views.

Not much effort to explain Mairs actions here.

"But she was 15", she is 19 now. 

"We need to understand and not make them monsters"

"America bombed somewhere".

Within elements of the left, there is a subconscious belief that some of the actions of the Jihadists are justified. They will not face up to this and deny it.

And be in no doubt what so ever there are elements in the right who feel that the actions of Mair, Roof and other scumbags are justified and will try to find excuses for them.

If he's willing to risk jail time, same as her. The only British passport holders who can't get back in are people with dual citizenship, then the UK has the power to revoke their British citizenship.
So what if the other country revoked too. Completely a accept someone can't be stateless, but does it just come down to who revokes first?

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

So what if the other country revoked too. Completely a accept someone can't be stateless, but does it just come down to who revokes first?

Assume so. 

2 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

Compare the handwringing to understand this 19 year old woman and her horrific views with the comedy mocking of Dylan Roof, the unhinged murderer of a number of black people in a church.

No one was weeping that he was indoctrinated as a youth, yet he was. The far right is every bit as good\bad at it as the Takfriri Islamists.

She is a 19 year old woman who supports an organisation that is committed to genocide, slavery and the imposition of its religion by brutal force. She is unrepentant. The difference in tone from parts of the left (though thank god not all of it) between white racists and Islamists, between condemnation without question (good) and the constant whatabboutary and deflection to "but America" type shit.

Notice some commentators have not even been able to bring themselves to explicitly condemn her views.

Not much effort to explain Mairs actions here.

"But she was 15", she is 19 now. 

"We need to understand and not make them monsters"

"America bombed somewhere".

Within elements of the left, there is a subconscious belief that some of the actions of the Jihadists are justified. They will not face up to this and deny it.

And be in no doubt what so ever there are elements in the right who feel that the actions of Mair, Roof and other scumbags are justified and will try to find excuses for them.

Have you any actual evidence that this person committed any crimes?  If not then what is the basis for exclusion?

It is just another instance of the UK making up laws on the hoof and poorly thought out ones at that.  It is no wonder that they are desperate to remove themselves from the ECHR.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

I don't think it's legal to refuse entry to a someone with a valid British passport.

Is she in the last holdout in Syria or is she in the custody of the Kurds or Syrian government?

She's in a refugee camp in Northern Syria, not sure if it's run by the Kurds or the Syrian Government, but she's not in custody. Apparently there's a pretty safe route out by road to Lebanon, but I guess she'd need paperwork and money.

15 hours ago, btb said:

On a more practical note I think refusing her return and demonising her will push young Muslims on the cusp of being "radicalised" further down that route.

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

On a serious note, she is British, so Britain has to deal with it. Bring her back, give the wean to her family or put it into care, and charge her under whatever terrorism laws she can be charged under. Leaving her there to rot might be just in the eyes of some, but it would feed the propaganda of the type of folk she was taken in by in the first place.

I'd have thought it could lead to the opposite effect? The softer the approach taken to assisting  and facilitating the  safe return of people in similar circumstances  then the more that return can be seen as a safety net if it all goes tits up.

I'm also not sure that in the grand scheme of things whatever the final outcome is will make much of a difference to the form of propaganda used. I mean I would hope the fact that of the 3 that went out one is missing, one is dead and one is stuck in what will be a prolonged legal + political wrangle to return to Britain would cause some pause for anyone wanting to go and join the Jihad, but there's plenty of ways you can spin whatever approach is taken in any event.

More keen on putting time and effort into stopping them from leaving in the first place - that's a solution a bit above my pay grade tbh (edit: and also not exactly something that's resolvable over 2 or 3 pages of posting on P&B either) but think if nothing else that this highlights the damage caused by targetting young, impressionable minds. Three young lives chucked away - probably four.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Give isis defectors footballers wages!!!   Personally I think we owe this woman nothing.  At best we should try and make sure the child is cared for.  The only issue here is because she’s pregnant.  If this was a 19 year old guy there’d be no debate.  I’m not buying the oh she was young excuse.  Plenty of young people have done stupid reckless and horrible things.  Things they pay for well into adulthood.  

Theres a difference between being young and rebellious by getting your ear pierced or starting smoking.  But traveling to Syria to join a terrorist death cult.  f**k off.

5 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

But traveling to Syria to join a terrorist death cult.  f**k off.

I feel you are failing to see how empathetic this girl actually is.

If not for her and other girls like her offering comfort and a feminine touch, those young men out there who are killing, looting, raping and bombing for fun would probably go absolutely mental.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

I feel you are failing to see how empathetic this girl actually is.

If not for her and other girls like her offering comfort and a feminine touch, those young men out there who are killing, looting, raping and bombing for fun would probably go absolutely mental.

It's not unknown for nice girls to fall for the bad boys.

10 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Give isis defectors footballers wages!!!   Personally I think we owe this woman nothing.  At best we should try and make sure the child is cared for.  The only issue here is because she’s pregnant.  If this was a 19 year old guy there’d be no debate.  I’m not buying the oh she was young excuse.  Plenty of young people have done stupid reckless and horrible things.  Things they pay for well into adulthood.  

Theres a difference between being young and rebellious by getting your ear pierced or starting smoking.  But traveling to Syria to join a terrorist death cult.  f**k off.

I have to disagree.  Maybe because I have two teenage lassies but you also have to have a sense of redemption.  Were it one of my girls, I'd go to Syria, fund her trip back to the UK, make sure she faced due process and care for the baby.  If the lassie then has time in chokey, then no problem.  She deserves that.

There's an argument that says her biggest fault was that she chose the wrong terrorist organisation.  In other circumstances she could be proposed as a Member of Parliament :P