The Bethnal Green Schoolgirls

ICTJohnboy

29 minutes ago, Northboy said:

I agree, all countries should have a responsibility for their own citizens abroad. There is a sense of 'it's not our problem' but why should Syria be burdened with all those who have travelled there to wreak havoc upon the country? I have no sympathy for this young woman but if she is a British citizen she should return and be dealt with here.

She should be allowed back, the baby cared for but she should face up to what she's done.

You can't just walk back in and pretend nothing happened, she doesn't even regret it. I'm no legal expert so not sure if possible but she should be prosecuted and jailed.

Not having this 'she was a child' argument. Fifteen years of age is comfortably old enough to decipher what is right and what is wrong. Her journey to Syria was around the same time as IS were parading the severed heads of innocent foreign aid workers. If, at fifteen, you do not realise that is absolutely barbaric behaviour and a place to be avoided, then you are frankly a f***ing idiot.

21 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Not having this 'she was a child' argument. Fifteen years of age is comfortably old enough to decipher what is right and what is wrong. Her journey to Syria was around the same time as IS were parading the severed heads of innocent foreign aid workers. If, at fifteen, you do not realise that is absolutely barbaric behaviour and a place to be avoided, then you are frankly a f***ing idiot.

She would also have no doubt watched countless videos of innocent Syrian children blown up by American, British, Russian and Syrian bombs.

12 hours ago, Cerberus said:

It sounds like she spent her entire time in Syria hiding in a cave, getting raped, having miscarriages and watching people get their head cuts off.

These Jet2 holiday packages aren't all they are cracked up to be truth be told. 

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

She would also have no doubt watched countless videos of innocent Syrian children blown up by American, British, Russian and Syrian bombs.

In 2015? The US was bombing Syria in 2015?

Why do so many on the left seem so desperate to manufacture excuses for supporters of the most brutal fascist regimes in the past 70 years. The kind of moral sewage they swim in top try to remove responsibility from their fanatic friends.

Lets see how many posts "welshbairn" can point too showing the same compassion for 19 year old supporters of the EDL, BNP or other groups that they actually oppose.

33 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I see @dorlomin has red dotted this. I was just pointing out that a 15 year old wouldn't have to be an idiot to be indoctrinated by Daesh propaganda.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Yes.

Go on. Show us a record  the American and British bombing raids in Syria before February 2015 when she fled the UK.

Then show us where you are showing the same level of excuse finding for 19 year olds supporting the EDL, BNP, Orange Order etc.

(for those who cannot be bothered, the US had a couple of raids in late 2014. The UK was not involved the idea that this excuses her support for enslavement of muslim children to be used as sex toys by ISIS fighters is just utter crap)

Edited by dorlomin

7 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

Go on. Show us a record  the American and British bombing raids in Syria before February 2015 when she fled the UK.

Then show us where you are showing the same level of excuse finding for 19 year olds supporting the EDL, BNP, Orange Order etc.

The US have been bombing IS controlled territory in Syria and Iraq since well before 2015. I have never defended Daesh, they're an obscene death cult. My point was that it's naive to assume that all their followers are idiots, intelligent people can be indoctrinated just as easily as fools and madmen, especially 15 year olds. And I'm not defending her either, she is what she has become and if she makes it home she should be banged up if she poses any threat and punished if she participated in any IS barbarity.

Edited by welshbairn

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The US have been bombing IS controlled territory in Syria

About 3 months before she left. You fabricated an excuse for someone on a par or wrose than a neo nazi.

I have never defended Daesh, t

Right here right now you are defending their supporters.

he

My point was that it's naive to assume that all their followers are idiots, intelligent people can be indoctrinated just as easily as fools and madmen, especially 15 year olds

Show us you defending EDL, BNP, Orange Order or other groups 19 year old supporters then.

Just now, dorlomin said:

About 3 months before she left. You fabricated an excuse for someone on a par or wrose than a neo nazi.

Right here right now you are defending their supporters.

he

Show us you defending EDL, BNP, Orange Order or other groups 19 year old supporters then.

You a bit thick bro? Where have I defended her? Explaining how someone may have been indoctrinated is not condoning.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

You a bit thick bro? Where have I defended her? Explaining how someone may have been indoctrinated is not condoning.

You are trying to build sympathy for a 19 year old woman whos main concern with the slave owning genocidal maniacs she joined is that they become corrupted from the true vision.

Why are you trying to "explain" her behaviour but do not seem to have the same energy over the past couple of years for groups its a lot clearer you oppose?

4 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

You are trying to build sympathy for a 19 year old woman whos main concern with the slave owning genocidal maniacs she joined is that they become corrupted from the true vision.

Why are you trying to "explain" her behaviour but do not seem to have the same energy over the past couple of years for groups its a lot clearer you oppose?

Pretending that every jihadist was born evil, mad or stupid is naive to the extreme and doesn't help deal with the problem. You're probably more of an expert in how people end up in the Orange Order, EDL or BNP, I really don't have a clue. Parenting?

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Pretending that every jihadist was born evil, mad or stupid is naive to the extreme

Strawman

and doesn't help deal with the problem. You're probably more of an expert in how people end up in the Orange Order, EDL or BNP, I really don't have a clue. Parenting?

Funny how supporters of genocidal jihad get the full tear stained works about videos and indoctrination while other groups get "Parenting?" As I said you are desperate to find excuses for her in a way that you do not try to for others. It shows a subconscious bias towards supporters of violent jihad. You feel they have a justification.

You have to hand it to ISIS, this sort of thing is a tremendous recruitment tool. It's no wonder they get young men signing up when they can do so with the promise of some young bit to bang, safe with the knowledge that they don't have to deal with the fall out of not pulling out. 15 is a bit young mind you, so definite room for improvement. I like where they are going with it though.

On a serious note, she is British, so Britain has to deal with it. Bring her back, give the wean to her family or put it into care, and charge her under whatever terrorism laws she can be charged under. Leaving her there to rot might be just in the eyes of some, but it would feed the propaganda of the type of folk she was taken in by in the first place.

She was 15. Not legally able to drink alcohol, buy fags, have sex, get married, vote, drive, leave school, do the lottery,buy premium bonds, rent or buy an 18 movie or game.

But because she made this decision hell mend her?

Ok then.

3 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

Strawman

Funny how supporters of genocidal jihad get the full tear stained works about videos and indoctrination while other groups get "Parenting?" As I said you are desperate to find excuses for her in a way that you do not try to for others. It shows a subconscious bias towards supporters of violent jihad. You feel they have a justification.

Let's just park her in the "monster" category then and we won't have to worry anymore. It's the British way.