Elgin City v The Binos

16 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

A thoroughly enjoyable game, I'd say Elgin deserved the win as they created the most chances, but the game could have gone either way.

Yea, entertaining match with both teams trying to win the game. Neither manager will be happy about the defending for all five goals, but the standard of defending was one of the reasons for the entertainment level. The standard of refereeing just gets worse at this level, yesterday's ref was even handed - equally incompetent for both sides.

i believe Jordan McGregor was not feeling great before the game and probably shouldn't have got a start.

Thought we started the game the better side and dominated until Elgin pulled it back to 1-1. Elgin really should have been 3/4-1 up at half time, Ferrie saved our arses with a few fantastic saves.

When we went 2-1 up thought we would have the game won, not going to lie. But fairplay to Elgin they dug in deep and ended up getting the 3 points. Bar the result was an enjoyable day out, I do really like Borough Briggs.

A defeat will hopefully be a wake up call for the boys that we can't just turn up and beat teams.

Not sure why he was on the bench yesterday, can only assume he picked up a knock or a bug since Tuesday nights match.

He was injured for the first few months of the season but since coming back in he has shown the form of last season and been a valuable player for us.
Surprised he didn't come on hell of a distance to travel to sit on the bench if not fit to play cheers for reply we are playing you week on Tuesday so he can stay on the bench for that one [emoji6]

Did the  guitar playing Stirling fan have it taken off him by the stewards? Had a smile when they were singing "Goalie, goalie, give us a song!" to Gourley, but a laugh when Elgin fans sang "You're not singing anymore!" when our third went in.

I also saw Stirling fans having a go at JP McGovern at full time, but he seemed to give as good as he got. What was that about?

I also saw Stirling fans having a go at JP McGovern at full time, but he seemed to give as good as he got. What was that about?

In short. McGovern signed for Stirling a few years back, played 1 game for the club before Barry Ferguson spoke to him after the game and convinced him to come to Clyde.

JP then started to publicly slate the then management team and club and refused to play for us again. Then manager Stuart McLaren had gotten wind of the rumour that he was going to Clyde, something which JP totally denied when they had a meeting.

To put and end to the saga, his contract was terminated with the club stating they didn’t want to keep players who didn’t want to be a part of the team.....a few days later, JP signed for Clyde.

Archived