Your local paper versus your club

wheels

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Our local paper is the Springburn edition of the Kirky Herald. Despite basically offering to do everything for them for free,
(e.g. match reports, signing news, pictures etc) they have shown no interest in printing anything about Petershill.

They give great coverage to Rossvale, both in print and online  

1 hour ago, DanMan said:

They give great coverage to Rossvale, both in print and online  

Kirkintilloch Herald and that includes Springburn edition are part of Johnson press.  They have NO sports reporters on the ground and depend  on what clubs send in. Therefor the great coverage is thanks to whoever at Rossvale is providing the news and reports. There is no payment by Johnson Press for providing these reports so it is up to goodwill of clubs or individual as to what they supply. To be honest I will be surprised if some of these local titles are still in existance a year from now.

Done.  As a couple of posters have already said, we have two local newspapers in Irvine.  They cover the games of the two Irvine clubs and Kilwinning Rangers extensively and are both willing to accept and print  the wee extra pieces of news about the clubs.  All in all, they give the clubs a lot of positive publicity.

55 minutes ago, garrellburn said:

Kirkintilloch Herald and that includes Springburn edition are part of Johnson press.  They have NO sports reporters on the ground and depend  on what clubs send in. Therefor the great coverage is thanks to whoever at Rossvale is providing the news and reports. There is no payment by Johnson Press for providing these reports so it is up to goodwill of clubs or individual as to what they supply. To be honest I will be surprised if some of these local titles are still in existance a year from now.

Our Secretery does a match report on a Saturday and sends them the report it's all about giving your club a profile as nobody else will do it 

On 13/02/2019 at 19:39, wheels said:

Hi all, 

Writing my dissertation on local newspapers versus the rise in club media - if you could take two minutes to complete the survey I'd be really grateful.

Thanks! 

The local and national newspaper scene has been dying for decades even before the internet came along. There was a spell a few years back a free newspaper (The Gen) used to cover the Junior teams in Glasgow North East area from Ashfield to Shettleston. Great coverage, only problem was it was fortnightly and then it was monthly. It not only covered matches but included things like reports of club agm’s. Take it went out of business since i’ve never seen it in recent years. Most clubs (although not all) have figured out social media as being in the clubs interest. Sad when you see a Junior club’s social media pages that nobody has updated in months. Every club should update social media twice a week, once to notify your own support your playing home or away and the score on a Saturday night. Not posting for months is just neglect.

1 hour ago, Glenconner said:

Every club should update social media twice a week, once to notify your own support your playing home or away and the score on a Saturday night. Not posting for months is just neglect.

Oh, Glenconner,...I admire your optimism & enthusiasm, I really do...and it is nice to have another "auld heid" on this sub-forum...but it is not 1955 and things have to move on with the march of the "Times, News, and Citizen" !

I'm guessing that you mainly watch the big city teams. Some teams represent really small communities and struggle to get enough folk to cut the grass, line the pitch, woman the gate, attend the food outlet....and the multitude of all the other stuff which has to be done.

Try asking Sweep or Ginola or folk like them to try to find the time to update their web content twice a week on top of all the rest of their "duties".

Ah well,...you see,...that's 'cos all their Peasy information was kept in a wee cupboard under the stairs and the cleaning lady has been on holiday and they don't know where she keeps the key so they can't get in to access the material. It's all true. Sorry about that. They'll be back to normal when all the players staff get back from their holidays. :whistle
You're not even remotely humerous

Archived