Clyde vs Albion Rovers

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You’ve contradicted yourself. You’ve admitted what you did wasn’t fair but then state the result should stand - from a Rovers perspective. 
The "unfairness" did not warrant a 3-0 scoreline nor the impact on other teams in the League.

6 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

The "unfairness" did not warrant a 3-0 scoreline nor the impact on other teams in the League.

Says who? Apparently he set up the only goal in the game. The impact on the other teams is how a league works. 

You’ve contradicted yourself. You’ve admitted what you did wasn’t fair but then state the result should stand - from a Rovers perspective. 

Are you really so fucking simple you think the difference between us winning 1-0 or losing 3-0 was playing a defender from a junior club up front?

5 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Are you really so fucking simple you think the difference between us winning 1-0 or losing 3-0 was playing a defender from a junior club up front?

Yeah, because that’s exactly what I’ve said. I’d wager the only ‘simple’ one here is you, mate.

Not really a way to resolve it that is fair to all clubs. Clyde fucked up so should be punished but there is no way Albion Rovers were ever winning that game 3-0 regardless if Fitzpatrick played or not.

11 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Not really a way to resolve it that is fair to all clubs. Clyde fucked up so should be punished but there is no way Albion Rovers were ever winning that game 3-0 regardless if Fitzpatrick played or not.

But that is completely subjective. If you play an ineligible player the club that he has played against deserve to be compensated as their opposition have illegally played a player and he has been directly involved in the game thus impacted the result. Not really hard to see that.

But that is completely subjective. If you play an ineligible player the club that he has played against deserve to be compensated as their opposition have illegally played a player and he has been directly involved in the game thus impacted the result. Not really hard to see that.

They don’t deserve to be compensated, if anything the match should be replayed.

Albion rovers had won a single game all season before Saturday yet you think they warrant a 3-0 win over a team at the top of the league due to playing an ineligible player? Get a grip!

It probably impacted the result in rovers favour that we played him to be honest.

I think the way it has worked is it just so happens to be us he played against it could have been anyone, it also just so happens to benefit us massively, berwick arnt being punished, they arnt even part of the equation, it also just so happens that they are the team above us

I think the way it has worked is it just so happens to be us he played against it could have been anyone, it also just so happens to benefit us massively, berwick arnt being punished, they arnt even part of the equation, it also just so happens that they are the team above us
Would you have the same opinion if we had played Berwick and Albion Rovers were the ones negatively impacted?

How would you feel if Berwick finished the season two points above you having been the recipient of 3 points for a match they lost?

You'd certainly feel "part of the equation"

I would I totally understand it

but there is a whole series of events which are affecting it

There are more than 1 example of teams for whatever reason forfeiting a game and the other team being awarded a 3-0 win just so happens in this case its affected a major relegation battle

Obviously we are going to feel hard done by if it turns out to have an impact of our league position come the end of the season but to be honest, As I see it if it happens in a cup competition which is most common for these sort of errors normally the team are awarded the tie so can’t see why it would be any different in the league. 

Spoiler

Possibly just as well that Queens were the other game if fixtures had fallen differently it could have been Peterhead or Edinburgh City involved so Clydes  mistake could have had an effect on both ends of the league. Be interesting to hear if Clyde say who they have in charge of player registration, suspensions & all that side of the club.

Spoiler  
Possibly just as well that Queens were the other game if fixtures had fallen differently it could have been Peterhead or Edinburgh City involved so Clydes  mistake could have had an effect on both ends of the league. Be interesting to hear if Clyde say who they have in charge of player registration, suspensions & all that side of the club.

Why would that be “interesting “? Would you know the people if named? Would it affect you? Would it change anything?

2 minutes ago, maxruby said:

Why would that be “interesting “? Would you know the people if named? Would it affect you? Would it change anything?

It would show some professionalism in the running of the club if there is a person in charge of that rather than silence & basically saying the big boy did it and ran away. It wont change anything unless the lesson has still not been learned & it happens again. No it makes no odds to me personally.

It would show some professionalism in the running of the club if there is a person in charge of that rather than silence & basically saying the big boy did it and ran away. It wont change anything unless the lesson has still not been learned & it happens again. No it makes no odds to me personally.
Have you looked at the Clyde website, specifically the remits of the directors?
It would show some gumption.

20 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Have you looked at the Clyde website, specifically the remits of the directors?
It would show some gumption.

Noticed that two directors offered to resign but were turned down, was the reason for them offering to go was that they or who they had put in place to  keep on top of player admin turned out not to have the gumption to follow the rules.

Archived