Clyde vs Albion Rovers

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Bit surprised to see big Declan play up front!

Did well for us,great big lad.

You probably know more about him than most Clyde fans, what position(s) did he play for you. I thought he did well for his 1st game , held the ball up pretty well and ran his socks off but it was obvious he wasn't a natural forward.

26 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

You probably know more about him than most Clyde fans, what position(s) did he play for you. I thought he did well for his 1st game , held the ball up pretty well and ran his socks off but it was obvious he wasn't a natural forward.

He played at Centre Half for us,did well and scored a couple of goals.

• 3 weeks later...

Losing 3-0 to the worst ever team in the SPFL, minter.

#peakClyde

Looking at this objectively: Berwick have been punished for Clyde's incompetence.
Correct. This is the part that I think it's unjust.

Imagine it has been Berwick we were playing instead and they moved another three points in front of Albion Rovers. Season would be over for you.
These decisions should only effect the guilty.

18 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

And if the player in question played an integral part in winning said game? Surely Albion Rovers cheated and should be rewarded accordingly?

He set up the goal IIRC. 

I don't have much sympathy for Berwick. If they finish 10th it's because they've won 4 games all season.

He set up the goal IIRC. 
I don't have much sympathy for Berwick. If they finish 10th it's because they've won 4 games all season.
What if Albion Rovers finish one or two points above them? Is that fair? Which team deserve to be in the play off most?

1 minute ago, haufdaft said:
37 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:
He set up the goal IIRC. 

What if Albion Rovers finish one or two points above them? Is that fair?

Yes.

If Berwick cant finish more than 3 points above the worst team in the Scottish Leagues since Alan Makin was forcing the Shire to pay £10 a week then they deserve to go down.

14 minutes ago, haufdaft said:
50 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:
He set up the goal IIRC. 

What if Albion Rovers finish one or two points above them? Is that fair? Which team deserve to be in the play off most?

Is it fair to play players that are ineligible and effect the result of the game?

Is it fair to play players that are ineligible and effect the result of the game?

No it's not.

Is it fair that Rovers benefited from our mistake because we happened to play him against them and not any other random team? Deduct points from Clyde but don't give a 3-0 defeat as the result.

I feel justice would not be done if Berwick ended up in the playoffs because of a Clyde mistake.

What if your team was potentially relegated by such means?

Archived