Clyde vs Albion Rovers

After coming through last week's aerial bombardment unscathed and with a valuable point, home comforts await this week in what should be a much more comfortable game. Should be....

With Edinburgh idle, the chance to move just 3 points off the summit is there to be taken. Given Peterhead's recent return of points it's not unthinkable they may drop points at home to our pals from Hampden also.

I assume DGW is still a bit away from returning, last I heard he was doing no contact training, but the same team as last week won't be an issue. Far more likely to be the ones dictating play so guys like Boyle and Lamont will be key in creating chances for us.

2-0 Clyde. Prince of Norway and Ally Love to bag the goals.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds like they were unlucky not to get anything during the week but I think we’ll be too strong for them come Saturday. 

A frustating afternoon as we struggle to break them down but eventually run out 2-0 winners. 

Cuddihy will need to be on top of his game though as the vers have Wilson. Cracking player. 

I’d potentially drop Boyle or Lamont and start love, more of a goal threat and think he deserves a start. Would keep Kris up top. Not sure how Albion will set up, assuming they sit in to make it difficult I think love is more likely to break them down. 

Dont see the need for many changes, would take any sort of win. 

Norway picked up head knock last weekend and is out of tomorrow’s game as is ally love most likely who went over his ankle  at training on Tuesday. Not ideal but we should still have too much creatitivty to see us score a goal or 2.

I reckon McNiff will stay at left back and maybe Cogill in for rumsby to see us with more height in the box to capitalise on the set pieces we get. 

I’d have Stewart back in, I assume Rovers will defend in numbers so much more effective to have Stewart wide and creating space than a  more defensive player like McNiiff.  Nothing against Niff just horses for courses and game by game changes depending on the opposition. 

I’d have Stewart back in, I assume Rovers will defend in numbers so much more effective to have Stewart wide and creating space than a  more defensive player like McNiiff.  Nothing against Niff just horses for courses and game by game changes depending on the opposition. 
Agree I can only assume mcniff was brought for Arial presence Stewart is far more productive in an attacking sense
Unless we are going back punting the ball into corners which is basically all mcniff does when he has possession
It's the bottom team in the league ok we haven't goodie but if the attitude is right then should be a fairly straight forward win
Early goal and it's a thumping

39 minutes ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Seems Broadwood astro is the new Bletchley Park. At least foreign spies are usually being paid for providing information. Could we reign in the exclusives, even just once? I see them only helping our opponents.

Nae danger shaggro

Weird looking line-up, that; harsh to see Rumsby dropped, as what he lacks in panache he makes up for in raw defensive instinct. Intriguing to see that Fitzpatrick is starting. If Clydebank were playing him as a defender, as claimed, why is he strolling into our midfield? Should be an interesting one. Can only imagine that McNiff is being given a wee run for now so he isn't bench warming, as Stewart is almost always the better option there. A game out might do Lamont some good.

I heard decent things about Fitzpatrick at his short spell at Clydebank. Can seemingly play further up, and even at centreback liked to step forward with the ball.

Rumsby is unlucky to miss out but I think the others are fundamentally better players and certainly more of a threat at set prices, which could be important.

Archived