Club Licencing

6 hours ago, Robert James said:

If true, the SFA is leaving it very late to confirm (1) the North Tier 6  leagues , (2) the newly SFA licensed clubs, and (3) the revised format (and draw) for the format of the Preliminary Rounds of the Scottish.

Someone on here has mentioned a July SFA AGM date, but that is surely too late, with most leagues starting in mid July.  Perhaps there Is an SFA Board Meeting this month, in order to deal with the above issues ?

Scottish Cup format is already confirmed. 

Those getting a licence for 2021-22 already know and the later AGM allowed for extensions that some clubs needed. 

The NCL already exists and the North & Midlands League are SJFA leagues. The only thing that needs confirmed is the Highland League Playoff. 

EDIT: On the Scottish Cup front I suppose it could have been guessed at once the SPFL fixture list came out. It appears to be the same as last year with the naming of the proper rounds moved up so there's only one preliminary round. If the format is the same then the entry points are included in the brackets.

Preliminary Round: 28th August 2021 (should be Tier 6 & below with no qualifiers)
First Round: 18th September 2021 (majority of Highland League & Lowland League enter)
Second Round: 23rd October 2021 (SPFL League Two, Brora, Fraserburgh, East Kilbride, and Brechin City enter)
Third Round: 27th November 2021 (SPFL Championship & SPFL League One enter)
Fourth Round: 22nd January 2022 (SPFL Premiership enter)
Fifth Round: 12th February 2022
Quarter finals: 12th March 2022
Semi finals: 16th & 17th April 2022
Final: 21st May 2022

Edited by FairWeatherFan

8 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Scottish Cup format is already confirmed. 

Those getting a licence for 2021-22 already know and the later AGM allowed for extensions that some clubs needed. 

The NCL already exists and the North & Midlands League are SJFA leagues. The only thing that needs confirmed is the Highland League Playoff. 

EDIT: On the Scottish Cup front I suppose it could have been guessed at once the SPFL fixture list came out. It appears to be the same as last year with the naming of the proper rounds moved up so there's only one preliminary round. If the format is the same then the entry points are included in the brackets.

Preliminary Round: 28th August 2021 (should be Tier 6 & below with no qualifiers)
First Round: 18th September 2021 (majority of Highland League & Lowland League enter)
Second Round: 23rd October 2021 (SPFL League Two, Brora, Fraserburgh, East Kilbride, and Brechin City enter)
Third Round: 27th November 2021 (SPFL Championship & SPFL League One enter)
Fourth Round: 22nd January 2022 (SPFL Premiership enter)
Fifth Round: 12th February 2022
Quarter finals: 12th March 2022
Semi finals: 16th & 17th April 2022
Final: 21st May 2022

SFA CUP

Thank you for the update regarding the Scottish Cup format. Appreciated, as I had missed this.

However, as yet I still haven't seen a list of all the newly proposed licensed clubs, especially those from the WoSL. Obviously I have read the posts from the various (EoSL) formal clubs who have been successful (subject to SFA ratification). That is why I referred to the SFA Board meeting (as per my earlier post).

TIER 6

Yes I know the North Juniors & the NCL situation. However neither of these 2 leagues have officially announced their Tier 6 status, as they are waiting for formal SFA ratification, apparently to be confirmed at the same time as  the 'new' Midland League.  

The "Non League Scotland" website, is therefore still showing these 3  leagues as "non pyramid".

Edited by Robert James
typo

1 hour ago, kleptomaniac said:

Hearing that the SFA board meeting to ratify al successful licence applications is on 30th June. 

Wouldn't imagine clubs going public on the awards  before then..

Thank you for this information about the SFA Board.

15 minutes ago, Robert James said:

SFA CUP

Thank you for the update regarding the Scottish Cup format. Appreciated, as I had missed this.

However, as yet I still haven't seen a list of all the newly proposed licensed clubs, especially those from the WoSL. Obviously I have read the posts from the various (EoSL) formal clubs who have been successful (subject to SFA ratification). That is why I referred to the SFA Board meeting (as per my earlier post).

TIER 6

Yes I know the North Juniors & the NCL situation. However neither of these 2 leagues have officially announced their Tier 6 status, as they are waiting for formal SFA ratification, apparently to be confirmed at the same time as  the 'new' Midland League.  

The "Non League Scotland" website, is therefore still showing these 3  leagues as "non pyramid".

The guy that runs non league Scotland website is jacking it in RJ ,which is a pity.

12 hours ago, Robert James said:

If true, the SFA is leaving it very late to confirm (1) the North Tier 6  leagues

32 minutes ago, Robert James said:

TIER 6

Is it actually the case that any formal 'ratification' is required, and not just a byword? Unless they're forming a new senior league (opposed to rebranding East Junior to Midland League) all 3 leagues linking to HL already exist. It's not like 2013 and 2020 when LL and West were newly-established and had to join SFA. Obviously there'll almost certainly be rule amendments etc. to lodge; but the right of any of these leagues to exist is not necessarily at stake. Pyramid operates via bilateral agreements between leagues.

Also if HL/candidate playoff or North Caley/North Junior/Midland roundrobin is being run on same lines as East/South/West it wouldn't be under SFA auspices.

I thought that all Tier 6 Divisions of "Senior" leagues had Referees appointed by the SFA? If so then ALL Tier 6 leagues would have to be acknowledged in some way by the SFA.

Maybe it is less formal than that.

There again, in order to be accepted to enter the club licencing process surely clubs have to play in current Tier 6 leagues?  Again some sort of acknowledgement seems necessary by the SFA?

1 hour ago, Dev said:

I thought that all Tier 6 Divisions of "Senior" leagues had Referees appointed by the SFA? If so then ALL Tier 6 leagues would have to be acknowledged in some way by the SFA.

Maybe it is less formal than that.

There again, in order to be accepted to enter the club licencing process surely clubs have to play in current Tier 6 leagues?  Again some sort of acknowledgement seems necessary by the SFA?

All SJFA leagues get their referees appointed by the SFA already so nothing will change in that regard.

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Also if HL/candidate playoff or North Caley/North Junior/Midland roundrobin is being run on same lines as East/South/West it wouldn't be under SFA auspices.

The Lowland Pyramid Playoff does fall under the SFA's JPP and has the SFA tied into the rules though. I think that's the only thing that really needs SFA approval for a Highland Pyramid Playoff. 

Which is clearly going on. Everyone up North are quietly going about their business ahead of the new season. Its just people on here a little paranoid playing out What If scenarios. 

21 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The Lowland Pyramid Playoff does fall under the SFA's JPP and has the SFA tied into the rules though. I think that's the only thing that really needs SFA approval for a Highland Pyramid Playoff. 

Which is clearly going on. Everyone up North are quietly going about their business ahead of the new season. Its just people on here a little paranoid playing out What If scenarios. 

I hope that you are correct, but in my opinion it seems to be 'odd' that there has been no official announcement from any of the 3 leagues, that they will be playing at Tier 6 of the pyramid next season ?  In a week's time, it will be 1st July 2021; merely 14 days before the 2021/22 season starts for some leagues. I would also have expected formal confirmation from the Highland League regarding the establishment of the north pyramid, including the promotion & relegation 'system'. 

The North Caley has had its AGM and its website now confirms Tier 6. The North Region Junior League is apparently holding its' AGM on 27th June, and will presumably do likewise.  Is there any official news about the Midland (Junior) League, as yet ?

9 hours ago, Marten said:

Structure is one league of 19. More to be published tomorrow. FB_IMG_1624554078762.jpg

Any talk this year of a split? Since it was a suggestion for last season. If Midlands are playing 36 games over 38 rounds, the North Super playing 26 and NCL 22 it's quite a difference to organise the HL Play-off.

Edited by FairWeatherFan
Numbers

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Any talk this year of a split? Since it was a suggestion for last season. If Midlands are playing 38 games over 40 rounds, the North Super playing 26 and NCL 22 it's quite a difference to organise the HL Play-off.

On the other hand, we'll start on 17/7 and the NCL only kick off late September. Maybe the plan is to play twice a week until September.