Club Licencing

15 minutes ago, Antony said:

Ok thanks. Hopefully all clubs go public with their intentions. I know Musselburgh and Dunbar have been vocal about applying this year but hopefully St Andrews and Edinburgh United are ready this year because they've been working towards it for a while now. 

Unless St Andrews and Edinburgh United erect floodlights in the next couple of months neither will get a licence (United don't seem to have applied for planning permission yet anyway). Sauchie are the only other club with lights who might be close to being licensed.

11 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Unless St Andrews and Edinburgh United erect floodlights in the next couple of months neither will get a licence (United don't seem to have applied for planning permission yet anyway). Sauchie are the only other club with lights who might be close to being licensed.

I didn't want to say anything until there was something concrete to tell.

After an interminable covid related delay St Andrews finally received delivery of their floodlight poles on wednesday. These will be erected shortly, hopefully followed by the lights themselves.

We will be re-evaluated by the SFA licensing department and then have until the February deadline to install the lights and play a game under them. All being well it will them be fingers crossed until June.

If anyone has watched highlights of our recent games on YouTube they may see that the side of the park behind the dugouts has been dug up to instal the wiring. By the time supporters are allowed back in to Clayton Park the ground should have been reinstated to it's former condition.

I didn't want to say anything until there was something concrete to tell.
After an interminable covid related delay St Andrews finally received delivery of their floodlight poles on wednesday. These will be erected shortly, hopefully followed by the lights themselves.
We will be re-evaluated by the SFA licensing department and then have until the February deadline to install the lights and play a game under them. All being well it will them be fingers crossed until June.
If anyone has watched highlights of our recent games on YouTube they may see that the side of the park behind the dugouts has been dug up to instal the wiring. By the time supporters are allowed back in to Clayton Park the ground should have been reinstated to it's former condition.
Good news Patriot [emoji106]
On a side note, has the name of the park changed? You mention Clayton Park, I always thought it was Recreation Park?

On 03/12/2020 at 10:25, Dev said:

Trying to work out which EoS clubs are working towards a Club Licence, even if they've not yet formally applied, and came up with this list from previous posts. Anyone have any up-dates?:

Premier Div.

Crossgates Primrose, Dunbar United, Musselburgh Athletic and Sauchie Juniors.

Division One Conference 'A'

Dalkeith Thistle, Edinburgh United and St Andrews United.

Division One Conference 'B'

Glenrothes Juniors and Oakley United

Applicants.

Livingston United

Not directly license related but pretty ambitious plans have been drawn up for humbug park.

48 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Mind sharing them with us?

Gym, cafe, soft play,  outdoor play area,  bigger car park, floodlight pitch.(which looks to be rotated).  It’s a lot to fit into the current site.

I have absolutely no idea how far on plans are,  it certainly isn’t going to happen overnight. Facebook page and leaflets have been set up/ sent out over the weekend seem more aimed at making it a community hub over being set up for for the senior team. Not that that is a bad thing.

Edited by parsforlife

44 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Gym, cafe, soft play,  outdoor play area,  bigger car park, floodlight pitch.(which looks to be rotated).  It’s a lot to fit into the current site.

I have absolutely no idea how far on plans are,  it certainly isn’t going to happen overnight. Facebook page and leaflets have been set up/ sent out over the weekend seem more aimed at making it a community hub over being set up for for the senior team. Not that that is a bad thing.

If the floodlit pitch is part of the plans, i'd imagine the club could work around whatever gets put in place over time.

22 hours ago, parsforlife said:

F2D8F709-386B-455E-819D-F1283741BFF1.jpeg

E345251C-2838-4909-9239-D9074E56BE1C.jpeg

That's quite a radical change, with the pitch being re-orientated 90 degrees. In some ways it's quite odd, with the buildings up a residential street rather than facing the main road. It's a lot of parking considering nobody in the town is more than a 15 minute walk from the ground. Selfishly, I think it's a really charming wee ground and this would make it more generic, but it would obviously be better for the club and the town. A bit of cover wouldn't go amiss though.

On 15/12/2020 at 19:46, GordonS said:

That's quite a radical change, with the pitch being re-orientated 90 degrees. In some ways it's quite odd, with the buildings up a residential street rather than facing the main road. It's a lot of parking considering nobody in the town is more than a 15 minute walk from the ground. Selfishly, I think it's a really charming wee ground and this would make it more generic, but it would obviously be better for the club and the town. A bit of cover wouldn't go amiss though.

Got to cater for all the folk driving from the east of Dunfermline though. 🤪

The current pitch is about 92m long - from the residential building in the corner to the trees is 100m at most, minus space on either side and you're not that much above the current length.

Doesn't mention astro or lights, which you'd think would be needed if presumably the community want to use the pitch more often.

7 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Got to cater for all the folk driving from the east of Dunfermline though. 🤪

The current pitch is about 92m long - from the residential building in the corner to the trees is 100m at most, minus space on either side and you're not that much above the current length.

Doesn't mention astro or lights, which you'd think would be needed if presumably the community want to use the pitch more often.

Lights are drawn onto the plans.

On 15/12/2020 at 21:46, GordonS said:

Definitely doesn't look like they have licensing in mind with those plans when that last part is taken into consideration. Looks like the absolute bare bones of what would make a ground suitable for the EoS lower tiers (more than a couple of busloads for the away team = good luck), so their main focus appears to be the youth side of things. Nothing wrong with that but perhaps the wrong thread to be discussing this in.

Looks an excellent plan for achieving a licence, includes floodlights and their proposed covered terrace will easily be moved to account for pitch relocation. Renovation of their clubhouse as well by the looks of it. Already no issues with their boundary fence. Good luck to them.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7398/club-licensing-current-update-december-2020.pdf

Reviews see Cumbernauld join Berwick plus Spartans at Bronze level (Cove, Albion Rovers and Edinburgh City only Entry).

Tynecastle only southerly pyramid club licensed in Youth criteria (Livingston, Arbroath, Airdrie, Cove, Clyde, Dumbarton, Falkirk, Forfar, Peterhead, Albion Rovers, Annan, Brechin, Edinburgh City, Stenhousemuir, Stranraer don't hold this either).

Girvan and Wigtown renewed.

On 19/12/2020 at 16:54, HibeeJibee said:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7398/club-licensing-current-update-december-2020.pdf

Reviews see Cumbernauld join Berwick plus Spartans at Bronze level (Cove, Albion Rovers and Edinburgh City only Entry).

Tynecastle only southerly pyramid club licensed in Youth criteria (Livingston, Arbroath, Airdrie, Cove, Clyde, Dumbarton, Falkirk, Forfar, Peterhead, Albion Rovers, Annan, Brechin, Edinburgh City, Stenhousemuir, Stranraer don't hold this either).

Girvan and Wigtown renewed.

I find it odd that clubs Girvan and Wigtown are still licensed, as they don't have floodlights, which is an SFA requirement. I also find it  strange that Banks O'Dee are also still licensed, as they have declined an invitation to join the HFL (as club 18), and are in breach of the SFA rule that by remaining junior, they are not part of the pyramid.

On the positive side, Golspie have now installed floodlights, and therefore comply with the licensing requirement to have lights..

41 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Has there been dispensation given due to the pandemic? I don't know.

It fits the pattern so far of the clubs with historical rights being able to keep them. Clubs have missed deadlines before and kept them anyway.