Club Licencing

Yes, what I sort of expected, so it leads to the question, what is the point of the statement!
The LL deadline to be licenced was 31st March, so the EoS asked the LL for an extension to that due to the circumstances, that was agreed hence the statement.

It's almost certain there wont be a play-off with SoS, so whoever wins EoS will be promoted, if Licenced.

Public disclosure. Or have you not noticed the constant back and forth nit picking hearsay on the various threads.
I follow all these threads daily so I think I'm pretty up on what's happening. However, I just feel I'm missing something. EoS play-offs will happen regardless of licences, none, applied for or granted. As they need an overall champion. EoS play-off won't as the SoS won't produce a suitable club. A statement just for the sake of a statement?

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The LL deadline to be licenced was 31st March, so the EoS asked the LL for an extension to that due to the circumstances, that was agreed hence the statement.

It's almost certain there wont be a play-off with SoS, so whoever wins EoS will be promoted, if Licenced.

Oh I just thought that would be the situation anyway...

Okay...

2 minutes ago, stulch said:
8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:
Public disclosure. Or have you not noticed the constant back and forth nit picking hearsay on the various threads.

I follow all these threads daily so I think I'm pretty up on what's happening. However, I just feel I'm missing something. EoS play-offs will happen regardless of licences, none, applied for or granted. As they need an overall champion. EoS play-off won't as the SoS won't produce a suitable club. A statement just for the sake of a statement?

It doesn't mention play-offs only promotion, that's what was in doubt as the deadline for promotion eligibility was March 31st. They've now publicly confirmed that anyone that gets a licence by the next SFA Board meeting will be eligible for promotion.

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

If you are not given a licence at the meeting on the 18th - will the teams be allowed to participate in the end of season playoffs?

Just now, Blowin In the Wind said:

If you are not given a licence at the meeting on the 18th - will the teams be allowed to participate in the end of season playoffs?

Yes! Nothing to do with license. It’s to crown a winner of the EOS. 

Yes, bear in mind that the winner of the EoS enters the Scottish Cup the following season even if unlicenced.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It doesn't mention play-offs only promotion, that's what was in doubt as the deadline for promotion eligibility was March 31st. They've now publicly confirmed that anyone that gets a licence by the next SFA Board meeting will be eligible for promotion.

I think in my head I thought that was the only thing they could do in the situation as it was no fault of the clubs. However, when you're a club and have spent time on money on a license application to get to the Lowland league of course you would want actual confirmation.

Of course the SFA are still a...

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:
3 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Yes, bear in mind that the winner of the EoS enters the Scottish Cup the following season even if unlicenced.

What about promotion to the LL? If an unlicensed team wins it and there is no SOS team licensed who wins that league - no one gets promoted?  And then it’s an application process to replace Selkirk?

What about promotion to the LL? If an unlicensed team wins it and there is no SOS team licensed who wins that league - no one gets promoted?  And then it’s an application process to replace Selkirk?
Correct, nobody is promoted, nobody relegated. Applications for 16th club.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:
2 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Correct, nobody is promoted, nobody relegated. Applications for 16th club.

Nobody promoted from Tier 6 but the Lowland League still has relegation. Threave relegated choose not to re-appy and Hawick and Civil fill the vacancies in the Lowland League through application.

Nobody promoted from Tier 6 but the Lowland League still has relegation. Threave relegated choose not to re-appy and Hawick and Civil fill the vacancies in the Lowland League through application.
I was under the impression that nobody is relegated if there isn't a licenced champion from EoS or SoS.

11 minutes ago, stulch said:
17 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It is a statement to say that there is still a chance of promotion/relegation happening. In summary:

EOS Championship play-off happens regardless, as EOS needs a champion and they get awarded a Scottish Cup place in the preliminary round.

LL play-off between the EOS and SOS champion only happens if both champions are licensed as of 31st March. That is, unless the LL grant a waiver to move that deadline, which is what they've done.

However the SOS cannot mathematically produce a licensed champion (unless Bonnyton Thistle overcome a 7 point deficit in six games, AND get a licence in April - don't think they have the required cover for 100 though). So there will not be a LL play-off.

Here's the rules: http://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Lower-Pyramid-play-off-rules-version-1.1.pdf

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I was under the impression that nobody is relegated if there isn't a licenced champion from EoS or SoS.

Yeah there isn’t relegation if no licensed champion. In that instance, applications would be taken to fill Selkirk’s void among licensed clubs. 

Edited by Bundesliga Boy