Club Licencing

15 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
57 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:
I think if syngenta juniors had a ground they would be joining eosfl aswell

Don't Syngenta have one of the pitches at The Falkirk stadium?

With it being described as a pitch, that might be an indicator of some work to be done to meet EoSFL standards.

49 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I'm not sure it would meet eosfl standard. 

If boness unwound themselves from.bonees united they could get in eosfl

On 02/10/2020 at 10:39, AlanCamelonfan said:

Livingston  have already said they are going next season 

Correct.

I was the first to 'predict' Livingston's interest in joining the EoSL on P&B, last February.  It is a shame that the club's formal application was submitted too late for 2020/21.

On 02/10/2020 at 10:50, LongTimeLurker said:

....and a Rossvale youth team coach (the guy who used to play for Benburb, bestslicedbread?), says he has been told by people on the committee of three (?) clubs that they will be putting in EoS entry applications this season. Doubt he's making that up. Only a matter of time until it all goes tits up due to lack of numbers and any clubs pondering licensing applications will know that. 

Come on Lurker, name the 3 clubs, which you refer to above.  Or is this another dose of your erratic posts on here ?

Perhaps you should give P&B a rest for a while. .

Edited by Robert James

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

posssibly correct

Stirling University never resigned their membership from the EoSFL when joining the Lowland League. That's also why the retained their spot in the EoS Premier Division at the time, which not everyone was pleased about. I'm pretty sure HibeeJibee has said if Stirling University LL were ever relegated then the reserve side would fold.

The historical examples of reserves and Selkirk trying to get a reserve side in which failed at a membership vote suggest there's nothing in the rulebook barring anyone trying.

At least with Stirling University they are treated as a reserve side in the EoS and only allowed one entrant in cup competitions. It's trickier with Bo'ness United Juniors/Linlithgow Rose CFC/Sauchie Juniors CFC in ensuring they are actually classed as reserve sides. Otherwise you could have both versions compete in the same cup competitions

Weren't the "new" Bo'ness set up to continue a junior presence in the town? 

If so then if junior football finishes in West Lothian their raison d'etre is gone. 

I certainly see no need for two EOS teams in Bo'ness, Linlithgow and Sauchie. 

40 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

If so then if junior football finishes in West Lothian their raison d'etre is gone...

I'm not in the loop on this to any extent, but my understanding is that because Newtown Park is owned by the "people of Bo'ness" rather than BUFC there was no way that Linlithgow Thistle could be stopped from doing what they did. I've seen it claimed on here that if the east region had got in at tier six, the plan/understanding was for BUJFC to turn into a reserve team for BUFC along Stirling Uni lines, but that clearly isn't happening now. What BUJFC will be doing three seasons from now is far from clear, because odds on the east region south section will have folded by then for lack of numbers.

• 1 month later...

Bump.

After some hell of a fights... and much sweat, toil and investment... congratulations to Dunipace, Haddington, Newtongrange and Tranent: who enter a Scottish Cup draw for the first time tomorrow.

Camelon also take their bow as members (having been qualifiers last season).

Outside chances aside - all debut in PR2 on Saturday 12th December.

Edited by HibeeJibee

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/10/2020 at 10:39, AlanCamelonfan said:

Livingston  have already said they are going next season 

On 02/10/2020 at 17:46, GNU_Linux said:
On 02/10/2020 at 17:05, AlanCamelonfan said:

On 05/10/2020 at 16:11, patriot1 said:

If so then if junior football finishes in West Lothian their raison d'etre is gone. 

I certainly see no need for two EOS teams in Bo'ness, Linlithgow and Sauchie. 

Bump as noticed these while recapping thread.

West Lothian Juniors start this weekend.

Livingston Utd, Bo'ness Utd Community, Sauchie Community + Sygenta (alongside Armadale, Bathgate, Fauldhouse, Harthill, Pumpherston, Stoneyburn, West Calder + Whitburn).

Linlithgow Rose Community seem to have folded.

....with Livingston United already having applied for the EoS in 2021-22. Would be very surprising if what remains of the east region south of the Tay doesn't start to unravel at this point once the application deadline looms. What's more interesting maybe is if any more clubs from north of the Tay (plus Tayport) will try to do what Luncarty did last season and how the EoS membership would vote (for any club other than Tayport) if they did.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

14 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Bump as noticed these while recapping thread.

West Lothian Juniors start this weekend.

Livingston Utd, Bo'ness Utd Community, Sauchie Community + Sygenta (alongside Armadale, Bathgate, Fauldhouse, Harthill, Pumpherston, Stoneyburn, West Calder + Whitburn).

Linlithgow Rose Community seem to have folded.

Has Linlithgow Rose Community folded or gone into abeyance for the season? Anyone know for sure?

Livingston United went public about applying to the EoS and entering a team in the Under 20's league. I am sure I read somewhere on P&B that possibly one or two other clubs were thinking about applying. When is the dead-line for applications?

53 minutes ago, Dev said:

Has Linlithgow Rose Community folded or gone into abeyance for the season? Anyone know for sure?

Livingston United went public about applying to the EoS and entering a team in the Under 20's league. I am sure I read somewhere on P&B that possibly one or two other clubs were thinking about applying. When is the dead-line for applications?

Probably be march 31st 

Dunbar United preparing for a Licence in time for the Feb 2021 deadline:

https://www.facebook.com/186915844773328/posts/2077996125665281/?sfnsn=scwshmo

SFA LICENSING UPDATE

Evening Seasiders,

Despite the pandemic, the Board remain committed to attaining our SFA license.

Today the SFA Licensing Officer attended New Countess Park and undertook their official licensing audit. We were able to discuss our proposed improvement plans to improve our officials changing rooms, medical room and improve our toilet provisions in the ground.

We also discussed a huge swathe of governance improvements that have been made in recent months and we received fantastic feedback on these with little work outstanding in this area.

I wanted to say a few thank you’s:

• To our supporters' club for their incredible work over the summer to have New Countess Park looking at it’s best for today's visit.

• To Bobby and Darren at Hallhill for their continued support for our improvements and their ongoing flexibility to always be ready to help the club.

• To both Berwick Rangers and Tranent Juniors for their guidance on recent governance improvements.

• To Blueprint for their help with drawings to show our planned improvements to the Scottish FA.

We will keep you posted in the months ahead, the key next step is news from East Lothian Council on our grant funding application. Subject to this being approved, all systems go!

Our licensing application, for February 2021, is very much on track!

Many thanks
Stuart, Vice Chair
DUFC ⚪⚫

LongTimeLurker has made some points above. Newtown Park was gifted to the "people of Bo'ness" "for the playing of football". It is now operated by Newtown Park Association. BUFC get priority there for their matches. It's a great community facility and there's several teams using it for training and matches which is pleasing.

The important thing which keeps getting missed is BUFC and BUJFC are two totally different clubs. They both play at Newtown Park .....and they have the same kit supplier but that's as far as the link goes. Different committee, different sponsors etc. There's no reason why the two teams cannot compete against each other in the future.

I haven't heard any plans for BUJFC to turn into a reserve team for BUFC. I think that is highly unlikely.

What will BUJFC be doing three seasons from now ?...... hopefully playing Linlithgow Rose in derby games in tier 6 as the mighty BUFC continue to play at a higher level.

31 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

LongTimeLurker has made some points above. Newtown Park was gifted to the "people of Bo'ness" "for the playing of football". It is now operated by Newtown Park Association. BUFC get priority there for their matches. It's a great community facility and there's several teams using it for training and matches which is pleasing.

The important thing which keeps getting missed is BUFC and BUJFC are two totally different clubs. They both play at Newtown Park .....and they have the same kit supplier but that's as far as the link goes. Different committee, different sponsors etc. There's no reason why the two teams cannot compete against each other in the future.

I haven't heard any plans for BUJFC to turn into a reserve team for BUFC. I think that is highly unlikely.

What will BUJFC be doing three seasons from now ?...... hopefully playing Linlithgow Rose in derby games in tier 6 as the mighty BUFC continue to play at a higher level.

I think it's more of a how they seem from the outside if they were called boness thistle I dont think anyone would say much

42 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

There's no reason why the two teams cannot compete against each other in the future.

Sure, but when the only difference is that one team has the word Junior in their name it becomes a bit silly - they should create their own identity.

Agree with you Genaro there was no need for Linlithgow Thistle to choose the name Bo'ness United Junior FC and adopt almost identical strips when they moved their club to Newtown Park.

They could have chosen a name like Bo'ness Bengals (orange/white/black)
Bo'ness Brocks (black with a white stripe)
Bo'ness Beggars (second hand Linlithgow Rose tops)

On a more serious note the BUJFC have a lot of ambition and have strengthened over the last several months. Best of luck to them.