Club Licencing

4 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The most convincing evidence to support more promotion and relegation will be when the tier 5 and 6 sides regularly beat the League 2 sides in the Big Scottish. Until then the League 2 sides will hold on like limpets.

Let's be perfectly frank here, it's paying lip service to a pyramid.  The bottom of tier 4 should automatically be relegated.  Second bottom at the very least should be in a play off.

As for tier five, one relegation place isn't really acceptable with the volume of clubs now sitting at tier six with the West clubs coming in.

• 3 weeks later...

Dunbar United aiming to put in their licence application form and fee by the end of August.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1987065764758318&id=186915844773328

Dunbar United F.C. is on Facebook. To connect with Dunbar United F.C., join Facebook today.

Dunbar United F.C. is on Facebook. To connect with Dunbar United F.C., join Facebook today.

DUFC Supporters update.

Greetings everyone.
We start with a farewell to Ryan Kelly who parts ways with DUFC this week. Many thanks to Ryan for the hours, effort, enthusiasm and commitment he gave to the club.

The Club Lottery -
The basic life blood of club funds restarted, was drawn and won on Monday evening. Next Monday will see another lottery draw take place at Winterfield Golf Club. It’s not a closed door function - it’s your lottery come and take part if you have a spare hour between 4-5pm.

New Countess Park.
The Initiative on NCP maintenance by supporters and friends of DUFC continues. Lots of painting/tidying/repairing/weeding and general works have and continue to take place. The covered canopy now looks a lot more respectable and is complete and intact.
The next big improvement you will notice is a fence along the car park end of the ground to screen the various containers and storage units that presently sit there. These containers hold equipment for the Hallhill grounds maintenance staff and for the Colts.
The Car Park turnstile will soon have to be brought into a useable standard to meet SFA criteria - so we will need help to upgrade and clean out that building.

SFA Licence Project:
The main stages of the project are :
Assessment
Application
Implementation

1 - Current State Assessment
An assessment of the current state versus the relevant sections of SFA LICENCE criteria has taken place - and the although the task is still a challenge - it’s more than achievable. Minor internal building works regarding changing rooms/first aid rooms/ shower facilities are being costed and fundraising activity is underway. Additional areas that are being appraised include the floodlights, disabled spectator access and viewing area, additional toilets an various club documentation and policies, club structure, safety certification and a complete audit trail.

2 - Application
Making the initial application to the SFA. This simply initiates the process. Several years can elapse between application and the licence being granted. The club are committed to getting this sent away as soon as they are able to.

3 - Implementation
This is the actual physical part of implementing the changes and completing necessary works to achieve the various criteria.

WHERE WE ARE JUST NOW :-

The initial application only requires 4 simple components which the club is gathering together with haste;
A) Club Constitution (copy of)
B) Club Accounts for past 3 years
C) A very simple letter stating our desire to become a Licence holder within the SFA
D) A cheque ( £2K) to pay the SFA
lodgement fee.

The Steering Group are targeting W/C 24 August to dispatch the application. This will be a major step in the future plans of DUFC. We will update you on the progress next week.

Edited by Dev

• 2 weeks later...

On 28th February 2019, Cumnock Juniors announced that they had submitted a club Licence application to the SFA.  Subsequently it was rumoured that Petershill had followed suit. Neither application was approved because these 2 junior clubs were not playing in a ('senior') pyramid league, at that time.

However they are now members of the new West of Scotland (pyramid) League. So can we expect that their Licence applications will now be considered/approved by the SFA's Licensing Committee ? And if so, when ?

Also, Talbot and other ambitious West clubs must be taking steps to get licensed. Any reports regarding progress/developments, would be interesting.

I normally wouldn't respond to an RJ post but some of the content here looks like blatant fake news. There has been no further information on the progress of the applications made by Cumnock and the other west region club as far as I am aware. Note what Dunbar United said above about the application only initiating the process and how several years can elapse between the initial application and the licence being granted.

• 5 weeks later...
On 30/08/2020 at 07:31, Robert James said:

On 28th February 2019, Cumnock Juniors announced that they had submitted a club Licence application to the SFA.  Subsequently it was rumoured that Petershill had followed suit. Neither application was approved because these 2 junior clubs were not playing in a ('senior') pyramid league, at that time.

I don't think that's correct.

From what I've read on here, on Twitter and by speaking to a few folk who are knowledgeable on the subject. Both clubs (Cumnock and Petershill) informally inquired about possibly applying to the SFA for a Club Licence and were told they'd be knocked back due to the fact that they were playing in the Juniors - and not in a pyramid league.

No Formal Application took place.

From what I remember Cumnock announced they had applied on either their facebook or twitter. That clearly didn't fit some people's agenda on here so not surprised you would have heard skepticism expressed about it from some people.

https://www.facebook.com/143766672314494/posts/our-sfa-licence-application-was-lodged-a-few-months-ago-and-we-will-be-working-t/3118425571515241/

On 29/09/2020 at 10:17, LongTimeLurker said:

From what I remember Cumnock announced they had applied on either their facebook or twitter. That clearly didn't fit some people's agenda on here so not surprised you would have heard skepticism expressed about it from some people.

https://www.facebook.com/143766672314494/posts/our-sfa-licence-application-was-lodged-a-few-months-ago-and-we-will-be-working-t/3118425571515241/

Hello Lurker

As usual you are talking absolute nonsense, as your 2 posts (above) confirm.  In your first one, you suggest "fake news", and in the second post, you contradict yourself regarding my question . My first post dated from January 2019, whilst the second one, posed a question about possible progress now that Cumnock are members of the WoSL. 

Unfortunately for everyone else on here, and myself, you are well known for chopping and changing your mind regularly, on the same subject.  May I try to be helpful, by suggesting that you stick to the facts, and avoid hypothetical assessments of situations you know little or nothing about.

^^^usually best to just ignore this guy, but just so the thread doesn't get derailed the info I provided in that last post from Cumnock's facebook shows the application for licensing went in when they were still a junior club (probably in late March 2019 given the tweet that is also provided in that post although it doesn't exactly match up with "a few months ago"). There is no basis for believing that the application got rejected at any point. The process is still ongoing, because it sometimes takes a few years to get all the boxes ticked.

On 28/09/2020 at 22:49, ArabAuslander said:

I don't think that's correct.

From what I've read on here, on Twitter and by speaking to a few folk who are knowledgeable on the subject. Both clubs (Cumnock and Petershill) informally inquired about possibly applying to the SFA for a Club Licence and were told they'd be knocked back due to the fact that they were playing in the Juniors - and not in a pyramid league.

No Formal Application took place.

There was a mention on one of the Juniors podcasts earlier this year that would suggest Petershill got some sort of visit from the SFA regarding licencing. One of the hosts was recalling a Petershill rep giving an update on their situation at a West Region meeting, with the Petershill rep saying the SFA had raised an issue over the fencing or boundary wall. The host having a bit of laugh at the SFA over something like that since the ground is considered good enough for UEFA Women's Champions League games.

So there might well be formal applications and they haven't been progressed due to league status at the time, further licencing works being required, or a mixture of both. Unless either club goes public on their particular situation we'll never know the full story.

14 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There is no basis for believing that the application got rejected at any point. The process is still ongoing,

As far as I’m aware license applications don’t get rejected.   You just get told if you fail on a particular criteria.   

I could send in an application and a cheque on behalf of p&b fc and be told I don’t meet any criteria, I can then get a review  when all I’ve done is  convert my  living room into a first aid room,  i then get told I meet the first aid criteria but fail elsewhere and so on until they decide I meet all criteria and granted a license.  

Nothing was ever said about Haddington’s application which originally went in years before being granted.   There was never a point that it was just chucked away,  just periods of silence and then some articles when newsworthy updates were achieved. (Lets be honest nobody is making a big deal of the boring admin aspects).  The SFA have no interest in telling clubs to f**k off and returning the cash.   

Back in the McRae/Regan era it's well documented on here that Auchinleck Talbot were told to join the SoS league to satisfy the extra progression clause or otherwise effectively rejected with no licence. This happened around the same time Kelty were being told to join the EoS league.

Some people on here assumed that sort of approach was still applicable even after the SJFA 2018 AGM had voted in favour of pyramid entry and Petrie/Maxwell were actively trying to get the west and east regions in at tier 6 below the LL through the PWG meetings, but that always seemed farfetched to me and the limited Cumnock/Petershill? info that we do have seems to suggest otherwise. The assumption in SFA Board circles would have been that the west region would soon be in at tier 6.

It's a moot point in a west coast context now anyway with the emergence of the WoS league. If Whitburn, Bathgate or Armadale tried, it might be interesting to see what happened now that the PWG process has been ended, but chances are the south section of the east region only has another season or two to go before it implodes through lack of numbers.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

14 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Back in the McRae/Regan era it's well documented on here that Auchinleck Talbot were told to join the SoS league to satisfy the extra progression clause or otherwise effectively rejected with no licence. This happened around the same time Kelty were being told to join the EoS league.

Some people on here assumed that sort of approach was still applicable even after the SJFA 2018 AGM had voted in favour of pyramid entry and Petrie/Maxwell were actively trying to get the west and east regions in at tier 6 below the LL through the PWG meetings, but that always seemed farfetched to me and the limited Cumnock/Petershill? info that we do have seems to suggest otherwise. The assumption in SFA Board circles would have been that the west region would soon be the tier 6.

It's a moot point in a west coast context now anyway with the emergence of WoS. If Whitburn, Bathgate or Armadale tried, it might be interesting to see what happened now that the PWG process has been ended, but chances are the south section of the east region only has another season or two to go before it implodes through lack of numbers.

Livingston  have already said they are going next season 

....and a Rossvale youth team coach (the guy who used to play for Benburb, bestslicedbread?), says he has been told by people on the committee of three (?) clubs that they will be putting in EoS entry applications this season. Doubt he's making that up. Only a matter of time until it all goes tits up due to lack of numbers and any clubs pondering licensing applications will know that. 

Edited by LongTimeLurker

6 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

....and a Rossvale youth team coach (the guy who used to play for Benburb, bestslicedbread?), says he has been told by people on the committee of three (?) clubs that they will be putting in EoS entry applications this season. Doubt he's making that up. Only a matter of time until it all goes tits up due to lack of numbers and any clubs pondering licensing applications will know that. 

I think if syngenta juniors had a ground they would be joining eosfl aswell