Suggests these will be high-spec floodlights if average cost = £77.5k before considering any possible contributions from the clubs themselves or other funders.

On 08/02/2020 at 13:24, HibeeJibee said:

As well as toilets is there a solid railing between the stands and the park? Last time I was there it was a rope IIRC.

They have done some work since it opened e.g. screening off the ground.

Returning to my point about there being more to it than the spectator facilities and lights - my impression is that HW's committee is more heavily student-led than Stirling or Edinburgh. At games it's normally students doing most of the jobs versus more "adults" at the others? Given most of them will only serve for a couple of years, it may affect continuity, and their capacity for the off-field stuff? Stirling have/had a course admin working for central institution.

Edinburgh also got heavy backing to rebuild their stadium, and Stirling must be paying a decent rent.

Edinburgh get 0 funding from Edinburgh Uni. Most of if not all their funds goto the hockey team.

Re Licencing, and re grants provided by the Scottish Football Partnership, these grants were severely cut back last year, an issue that was raised with Rod Petrie at the infamous EoS meeting.

The maximum grant available to licenced EoS clubs is I think set at £2,500, it used to be £10,000 from memory.  At a time when floodlights became a requirement it was a boot in the baws to many clubs.   It's a pathetically small sum of money. 

Who funds the SFP, is it solely the SFA or is it connected to the National Lottery?

On 04/02/2020 at 18:50, FairWeatherFan said:

Heriot-Watt, Leith, Sauchie, and Kinnoull aren't known to be in the Licencing Process. They've not made any puclic announcements that I recall.

Dalkeith and Newtongrange were in the list of 17 clubs at different stages of Licencing last year that the EoS social media published. Dalkeith commented at the time they missed out on licencing due issues not relating to floodlights. I believe it might have been around their pavillion?

Dunbar have announced they're going for their licence. Nobody knows what stage they're in.

I think Camelon, Haddington, and Tranent get a mention as they just needed floodlights last year. Bo'ness are chasing promotion and seem to be positive about it and I think the Dunipace posters around have also been positive about getting licenced this year. Which is why Bo'ness and Dunipace are considered certs.

Which clubs will have their Licensing application considered at the Licensing Committee  meeting on 26th February ?

Being an optimist, my guess for the ex-Junior clubs, is :

Bo'ness

Camelon

Dunipace

Tranet

Haddington

Newtowngrange

Dunbar

....with at least 5 from 7 clubs expected to be awarded an Entry Licence.

I have no idea about Sauchie ?  Seems that Dalkeith may not make the deadline ?     Musselburgh, St Andrews, and Edinburgh United, maybe next year ?.

This is the last Licensing Committee meeting to be held before the SFA's 2020 AGM.      The Scottish Cup 2020/21 awaits the successful applicants !!

In addition, existing licensed clubs (whose membership was at risk, following the SFA's floodlights rule) :  Dalbeatie Star, Whitehall Welfare, Vale of Leithen, & Golspie Sutherland,are on schedule to retain their SFA membership.  Still at risk of losing their licence are Burntisland Shipyard & Coldstream ?

2 Junior clubs who have submitted applications to the SFA, won't be awarded a Licence this year, as they are NOT currently playing in a Pyramid league. 

Which clubs will have their Licensing application considered at the Licensing Committee  meeting on 26th February ?
Being an optimist, my guess for the ex-Junior clubs, is :
Bo'ness
Camelon
Dunipace
Tranet
Haddington
Newtowngrange
Dunbar
....with at least 5 from 7 clubs expected to be awarded an Entry Licence.
I have no idea about Sauchie ?  Seems that Dalkeith may not make the deadline ?     Musselburgh, St Andrews, and Edinburgh United, maybe next year ?.
This is the last Licensing Committee meeting to be held before the SFA's 2020 AGM.      The Scottish Cup 2020/21 awaits the successful applicants !!
In addition, existing licensed clubs (whose membership was at risk, following the SFA's floodlights rule) :  Dalbeatie Star, Whitehall Welfare, Vale of Leithen, & Golspie Sutherland,are on schedule to retain their SFA membership.  Still at risk of losing their licence are Burntisland Shipyard & Coldstream ?
2 Junior clubs who have submitted applications to the SFA, won't be awarded a Licence this year, as they are NOT currently playing in a Pyramid league. 

Dalbettie have floodlights.

Coldstream just announced the council are funding theirs ( and Vale of Leithen). Planning permission is in place.

Burntisland Shipyard also have planning permission as to Wigtown and Bladnoch but goodness knows how they plan on paying for them

2 hours ago, calmac25 said:

Dalbettie have floodlights.

Coldstream just announced the council are funding theirs ( and Vale of Leithen). Planning permission is in place.

Burntisland Shipyard also have planning permission as to Wigtown and Bladnoch but goodness knows how they plan on paying for them

Thank you for the update.

46 minutes ago, junglehenry said:

On the subject of club licensing, are Duns looking to make a come-back next season?

''We are delighted to support Duns Football Club with machinery for the next phase of their development at New Hawthorn Park.''

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

It would be great if Duns returned to the EoSL.  Rumour has it that Eyemouth hope to return for 2020/21.

It would be great to see Duns and Eyemouth return - provided the player base exists to sustain them alongside Coldstream and Tweedmouth.

So... how many clubs will be put forward by the licensing committee tomorrow to the SFA board - Bo'ness, Camelon, Dunipace, Haddington, and Tranent?

Edited by Ginaro

58 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There are supposed to be seven?

Robert James said newtongrange and dunbar but think it's just 5 mentioned

The seven are typically thought to be:

1. Bo'ness United
  2. Camelon Juniors
  3. Dunipace
  4. Dunbar United
  5. Haddington Athletic
  6. Newtongrange Star
  7. Tranent Juniors

Doubts are over Dunbar and Newtongrange I believe. As Camelon, Haddington and Tranent were clubs that all passed bar floodlights last year. With everyone kind of assuming Bo'ness and Dunipace have everything in place due in part to posters on here.

You've also got Dalkeith Thistle in there with floodlights but needing other work done. Which I doubt will have been completed in time for this year.

Not convinced re Dunbar United, their website is a bit neglected and there's no sign of the required policies being available on it, which would need to be available as of now.  Not convinced their "cover" would be certified for 100 either.

Nitten DO have all of these policies on their website.

Edited by Burnie_man

25 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Not convinced re Dunbar United, their website is a bit neglected and there's no sign of the required policies being available on it, which would need to be available as of now.  Not convinced their "cover" would be certified for 100 either.

……. so maybe 6 out of the 7? That would be a big boost to the league.

Any likely newcomers close to licencing already?  

2 hours ago, Dev said:

……. so maybe 6 out of the 7? That would be a big boost to the league.

Any likely newcomers close to licencing already?  

From the EoS to keep out for next year would be Dalkeith Thistle, St Andrews United, Musselburgh Athletic and Edinburgh United at the very least. They've all been actively engaged in the process so far but this year is too soon for them.

Then there's the likes of Oakley United who were doing some work to prepare for floodlights. So its a mid to long term goal for them as well.

Camelon are licensed

https://www.camelonjuniors.co.uk/breaking-news-huge-news-exciting-news/

Breaking News. Huge News. Exciting News.

All of the above and more! Read on……

In recent months, Camelon Juniors FC have been assessed against the Entry level criteria of the SFA Club License, as part of the club’s application to become a member of the Scottish FA. The club are delighted to say that today we passed the audit, with the Licensing Committee confirming that we meet all the necessary requirements.

Club Secretary Tony Smith commented: “On behalf of the committee, we’d like to express our sincere thanks to all the people who have worked incredibly hard over the last two years to make our vision a reality. This achievement is down to the determination of people who love their club. With sponsors, fans, committee members, local businesses and our management team all pushing in the same direction, we’ve achieved something that previously seemed impossible. I can’t begin to say how proud I am of the club and everyone who has taken part in this massive project”

This has probably been the biggest team effort in 25 years – maybe even in the Clubs history – and is a huge achievement for this community focused club. This is a huge boost as Camelon Juniors FC will now celebrate its centenary next season with the addition of a Scottish Cup place.

#weareCJFC #itswhoweare #supportlocal

Edited by FairWeatherFan

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Brilliant news. Well done lads 👏

6 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Nitten’s website has always been really good. Their history section is amazing, I’ve been lost of many hours looking through it all